Cast Off

Boys, Boys, Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDnBqAzDbdY

Crush ft. Punch: Sleepless Night

-------------------------------------------

It was a sunny Friday.

The weather was nice and warm.

Yoonjung felt relaxed for the first time since she had come to SM High School. Maybe it was because Kris didn’t trip her that morning or because Chanyeol was out with the stomach flu. She felt oddly lazy but happy though. That was why she used the prize she had won during park day. She used the pass to get out of gym and happily headed towards the library.

Yoonjung texted Mark. ‘I got out of class! Can I use your iPod?’

An instant reply came from him. ‘Locker #1552. Combination: 26,8, 16.’

Yoonjung smiled and went to his locker. She opened it to find that it was just as neat as JB’s locker was. Seeing that, JB and Mark were similar in many ways. They were both masculine with a tendency not to show their true emotions. They liked to be strong and preferred cleanliness over messiness. And they were both her good friends.

Yoonjung closed his locker and headed towards the library. There was nobody else but the librarian who gave her a peculiar look. “Can I help you?”

Yoonjung handed her the note from her gym teacher.

The librarian nodded in approval and pushed her square-rimmed glasses up her dainty nose. “Go ahead and enjoy your free moment here.”

“Thank you.” Yoonjung beamed. She found a good table by the window that was not overwhelmed with sunshine. She started to do her homework but decided she could work on that later. Right now, she would enjoy the bit of freedom she had left. Yoonjung traversed to the window and looked out. The rest of her class was doing sit-ups and push-ups. She smiled. It had almost been worth it to be so close to Kris in order to get out of gym today.

Yoonjung spun around and headed towards the bookshelves. She had yet to explore the library.

It seemed to have more books than JYP’s library, although JYP’s library seemed to have been more spacious.

Yoonjung walked down the aisle and let the tip of her finger glide over the spines of the books. She stopped and looked upward to see a tall, thick, and brown book that looked vintage. It caught her attention, and she reached upward. Yoonjung frowned when her hand barely brushed against the book. She wasn’t a short height for a female her age, so it surprised her that she couldn’t grab it. She looked around for a stool but there was none. Yoonjung stretched up on her toes and bit her lower lip as she reached up further. She saw a shadow from the corner of her eye and turned her head. A gasp escaped as her eyes widened in alarm.

Caught by surprise, her fingers hooked around the wrong books, and they started to tumble downwards.

Kris reflexively shot forward and caught her before she could fall back into the bookcase and cause a terrible domino.

Books rained over them, but he protected with his towering figure.

Yoonjung stayed curled against his broad chest and winced as a book hit her broken arm.

The last book fell on Kris’s head, and he gritted his teeth in mild annoyance. When the waterfall of books had stopped, Yoonjung peeked upward. Kris turned his head and locked eyes with her.

Yoonjung flinched at his hard gaze and protectively pushed her bad arm against her chest. She just knew he would say something scornful to her.

I don’t know why I even sacrificed myself to protect her. What the hell is wrong with you, Kris? Kris jerked his hand away from her and took a step back. A scowl appeared on his face as he looked at the mess on the floor. “You really are clumsy, aren’t you? Were you always born with two left feet and two left arms?”

See? I knew it. Yoonjung rolled her eyes as she bent down to pick up the books. “For your information, I’m not clumsy. You just startled me. If you hadn’t been there staring at me like some stalker, this wouldn’t have happened.”

“Now you’re blaming me? When I just saved you? How ungrateful,” Kris stated.

Yoonjung glared up at him. “Why are you here anyways? Shouldn’t you be in class?”

“I used my pass to skip class,” Kris said. He eyed her. “Judging from your presence, it seems like you’re here for the same reason.”

Yoonjung was seriously regretting skipping class today. She preferred to be outside in the scorching sun rather than be confronted by this temperamental giant. “Just don’t get in my way, and I won’t get in yours.”

“Fine. The next time you’re about to be impaled by books, I’ll leave you alone.” Kris walked away.

Yoonjung shot him a dirty look. “You could have been a gentleman and helped me,” she muttered as she put the rest of the books back on the shelf. Done, she went back to her table, but was dismayed when she saw that Kris was at the next table. He looked at her with a stony glance, and she quickly looked away. Just ignore him. Yoonjung sat at her table and stuck the earphones into her ears.

“Hey,” Kris called.

Yoonjung paused and then glanced sideways at him.

“Go find another place to sit,” he demanded as he nodded towards the other tables.

She cocked her head a little and defiantly stared at him. “I see no reason to do that. I came here first, and I chose this spot. The last time I checked, I don’t follow your orders. If you’re so hot and bothered, go sit somewhere else.”

Before Kris could retort, Yoonjung Mark’s iPod and lowered her head into her folded arms. Kris kicked the next chair with aggravation and shot a heated glare her way. If she wasn’t a girl, he probably would have thrown her. Kris grabbed his own MP3 player and shoved his earphones into his ears. Fine. Two can play this game.

It was silent for a while.

Kris glanced at Yoonjung to check on her. He was stunned to see that she was really asleep.

The side of her head was resting on top of her arms, and by coincidence, her face was turned his way, so he was able to catch a glimpse of her long eyelashes and slightly parted lips that were pink and pouty.

Kris swallowed hard. He could hear his heart slamming against his chest. He put a hand over his chest to stop the mind-boggling reaction, but his heart didn’t seem to listen.

Kris looked at Yoonjung, and this time, he was hooked. He was mesmerized by her. So this is what Sleeping Beauty looks like.

Kris glanced around. He just wanted to check one thing. With a nervous of his lips, he got up and made his way towards her. He pushed out the empty chair next to her and sat down. Now, he was able to take a good look at her face. Kris took his time studying her face. He was mentally taking pictures of her to store away in his memory.

Why? He didn’t know just yet.

All he knew was that this girl in front of him annoyed him fiercely to the point where he was just attracted to her.

Yoonjung released a small sigh as she buried her cheek into her arms. A wisp of hair fell in front of her eyes.

Kris paused for a second before slowly reaching out and brushing it away. His face tingled as his finger brushed against her cheek. He couldn’t stop himself and gently her cheek that felt like a newborn baby. Maybe this was why she was surrounded by Got7. They were irresistible to her beauty and charm, just like he was.

A small smile appeared on his face as his heart grew warm. A wave of gentleness washed over him.

Kris rested an elbow on the table and rested his jaw on the back of his fingers. His eyes swept over her facial features again, and his smile deepened. Yeah, she’s annoying as hell, and I hate the way she talks back to me, but just maybe, if we became friends, she wouldn’t hate me so much. She would treat me like the way she treats those damned friends of hers. We would spend time together, and she would get to know the real me. Then if things progress well…

Startled by the advanced thinking, Kris shook his head and sat up. He pressed his palm against his forehead and stared at Yoonjung in bewilderment. Was this girl doing this to him? Changing him into some love-struck kid?

Before he could be in danger anymore, he got up, grabbed his belongings, and raced out of the library as quickly as he could.

Yoonjung was enjoying a nice dream when someone gently shook her shoulder. Her eyes fluttered open, and she met eyes with Mark who was gazing down at her with slight concern. “You all right?”

Yawning, Yoonjung stretched her arms over her head. “Yeah. I just had a good nap.”

“Come on. It’s time to go to your next class.” Mark motioned for her to follow.

Yoonjung got up and grabbed her backpack. She looked over her shoulder to see that the spot where Kris had been was empty. She made a face. Selfish prick. He left without waking me up. He probably did that on purpose to make me late. With a vow to pay him back, Yoonjung left the library.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6yqF4fdsG0

Akdong Musician: I Love You

----------------------------------------------

The days grew colder. Fall had arrived, and now, they were headed into winter.

The six weeks was up, and it was time to get the cast off. The moment the doctor took it off her arm, she sighed loudly in relief. The doctor smiled at her reaction. “Yeah, that’s how everyone reacts when they get their cast off. Feels nice, doesn’t it?”

“You have no idea. I suddenly feel so blessed,” Yoonjung admitted.

The doctor checked her arm and a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter