The Dinner

Jae Mi and her 7 Prince Charmings
    We alighted at a stop and JunHyung oppa led me to a house like mine , it's just that it's one floor taller then ours ... He stopped at the main door and took out his keys . He took a deep breath and unlocked the door slowly and carefully . JunHyung oppa stopped and took a look at me . I smiled and nodded my head , encouraging him to go in .
 
    JunHyung oppa then pushed opened the door and step inside . I followed him in and took a quick look around . The house was very beautiful and neat . It was very clean and tidy . The living room was empty and so was the dining room . JunHyung oppa then led me to infront a door . He sighed and turned the handle .
 
    We then went inside . It was something like the living room , just that it's a bit smaller . There's two sofas and an armchair . There is also a big television on the wall and a coffee table in the middle of the sofas and armchair . An middle age ahjusshi is sitting on the armchair while So-Eun and another ahjumma is sitting on one of the sofas .
 
    All three of them look up to face us when we entered . The ahjusshi had a very stern expression and was wearing a suit . The ahjumma was wearing a big white feathery coat which looks very expensive and high-class ... While So-Eun was just wearing a casual outfit . " JunHyung ah ! You're finally here  ! Jae Mi , come and sit over here ... " So-Eun said trying to break the awkwardness in the room while smiling at me pointing to the sofa beside her .
 
    " Appa ... Ahjumma ... Noona ... " JunHyung greeted .
 
    " Ahjusshi , ajumma ... " I smiled and bowed , trying to be friendly as they doesn't look like people that is to be messed with ... JunHyung then pulled me to sit down on the empty sofa . " Who is she ? " The ahjusshi asked .
 
    " My girlfriend ... " JunHyung replied .   
 
    " What ?!?! Girlfriend ? Another peice of rubbish ... " The ahjumma said giving me a glare .
   
    " Umma ... Don't be so rude ... She didn't offend you , did she ? " I heard So-Eun whispered to her mother . I can sense JunHyung oppa getting angry . I turn to him and mouthed the words " It's OK ... " I then patted his shoulder trying to calm him down . I wouldn't want him to destroy the relationship between him and his parents because of me ...
 
    " She is a rubbish ... Anyone who goes with a rubbish is a rubbish itself , just like his friends ... " The ahjumma said loudly to So-Eun purposely making JunHyung oppa angry .
 
    " Stop insulting my friends ! You have no right to say that she is a rubbish ! " JunHyung oppa yelled angrily at the ahjumma , getting up from his seat and pointing his finger at her .
 
    " Sit down ! How dare you scream at you mother ! Quickly apologise ! " The ajusshi said , agitated at JunHyung oppa's actions , still sitting on the armchair without moving an inch , not even lifting up his head to look at JunHyung oppa .
 
    " She isn't my mother ! I only have one mother ! And she had died ! Umma had died long ago ! " JunHyung oppa shouted at his father .Oh no , this is bad ... What should I do ? Just then So-Eun speaks " Appa , calm down ... JunHyung is just angry because umma called him and his friends rubbish ... You can't blame him ... "
 
    " He is a rubbish ! No use at all ! Told him to go overseas to study buisness so that he can inherit my company when he gruadute and he actually dare to refuse ! No one disobeys me ! "
 
    " I have my own dreams ! I have my own friends ! You cannot expect me to listen to you all the time ! I am already an adult ! " JunHyung oppa said angrily and stomped out of the room , pulling me with him . " JunHyung ! " I heard So-Eun called out . I turned behind to look at her as I was still being dragged by JunHyung oppa , not knowing what to do .
 
    JunHyung oppa took me all the way to the park nearby . We were strolling aimlessly in the park and JunHyung oppa looked really sad at that moment . " You OK , oppa ~~ ? " I asked and made a face , trying to cheer him up .
 
    He broke into a smile and pulled me closer to him as he put an arm around my shoulder . " Don't worry , I'm fine . How about you ? You hungry ? "
 
    Just then , my pone beep , it's a message from So-Eun : So sorry about just now ... I've already talked to my parents , hopefully they wouldn't be shouting anymore . So can you bring JunHyung back for dinner ? We will be waiting .
 
    I looked up from my phone and gave JunHyung oppa a nod . " Mmm , I'm VERY hungry now ... and I want to eat home-cooked food . "
 
    " Home-cooked food ? You mean you want to go back ? " JunHyung oppa's face turned serious .
 
    I gave him another nod . " Come on , I don't want to be the one that ruin your relationship with your family ... " I said as I lowered my head , trying to seem as guilty as possible .
 
    JunHyung oppa quickly took my hands . I looked up at him and he seemed a bit flustered . " It's not your fault . Our relationship was already ruined long time ago . " He said , trying to make me feel better .
 
    " But I still want to go ... " I said as I grabed his arm and started shaking it . " Please ! " I pouted pleadingly showing him my puppy eyes .
 
    " Fine ... " JunHyung oppa reluctantly agreed . We went back to his house and So-Eun led us to the dinning room where both JunHyung's parents are at . " Hi , ahjusshi and ahjumma " I greeted them as we entered the dining room .
 
    I tried to bowed but JunHyung oppa pulled me down to my seat before I could do it . We started eating and I could feel that ahjusshi's eyes were on me from the minute I entered the room . " So you are JunHyung's girlfriend ? " He asked , directing the question to me . I bit my lip , I'm somehow scared of this ahjusshi . I could see from the corner of my eyes that JunHyung oppa had also looked up from his food , tensing up .
 
    " Yes . And my name is Jae Mi ... " I answered with a small smile .
 
    He gave me a nod and continued . " Same school ? "
 
    " Yes , I'm his junior . "
 
    " How did the two of you meet ? "
 
    " He went to the cafe that I work in . " I explained .
 
    " So , you work part time ? " He asked again but this time he didn't even wait for me to answer and he started nodding again . " Good , hardworking ... "
 
    Just then , ahjumma suddenly looked at me with curious eyes . " Is your family rich ? "
 
    " Umma ! You shouldn't ask her this type of question ! " So-Eun said .
 
    " It's OK ... I don't mind . " I said and smiled before I turned to ahjumma . " My family aren't really rich , ahjumma , but enough to feed the whole family ... "
 
    " Mmm , humble and polite ... " Ahjusshi mumbled to himself .
 
.................................................................
 
    " Thanks for the dinner ! " I bid goodbye to So-Eun , ahjumma and ahjusshi . JunHyung oppa and I then left . " Let me send you home first ... "
 
    " I can go back myself ... Don't worry , it's troublesome for you to take the bus twice ... " I reassured JunHyung oppa but he insisted .