His Smile

Jae Mi and her 7 Prince Charmings
    Soon we reached my stop and we got off the bus . He insisted on walking me to my house door . " I can go back myself ... " I argued , trying to decline the offer .
 
    " What if you met with the ertic robber ahjusshi again ? "
 
    " I already said I can go back myself ! Why must you insist ? Why do you keep trying to help me today ? I thought you didn't want me to follow you ... " I couldn't control myself and felt tears forming " ... I thought you wanted me to leave you alone ... What do you want ?!?! " I screamed at him .
 
    " I already said I just wanted to help ! I promised them to send you back home safely ! That's why I'm going through all this trouble ! And you didn't even appreciate it ! Why are you behaving like this ? " JunHyung shouted at me angrily .
 
    I could feel the hot tears going down my cheeks , I couldn't hold them in any longer , if he was going to yell at me everytime after he helped me , then what's the point ? " Then just don't help me ! I didn't tell you to help me ! I don't need your help ! "
 
    " Do you hate me this much ? Do you dislike the sight of me this much too ? If I didn't help you , you would have already been killed by that Ahjusshi ! "
 
    " It's you who told me to leave you alone ! I left you alone and now ? You're the one who always come and disturb me ! What is it that you want ?!?! "
 
    " That was because I thought you were dating GiKwang ... That's why I told you to leave me alone ... " JunHyung softly explained , lowering his head in guilt .
 
    " It's you who told me to go to GiKwang oppa ! It's not my fault ! " I shouted at the top of my voice " You didn't even treat me as your friend ! What do you think I am ? Some toy that you can tell to go away and ask to come back any time you want ? Who do you think you are to order me around ? "
 
    " I'm sorry ... " JunHyung apologized .
 
    " Do you think an apology is enough to erase all the pain that I have gone through just because of you ? Do you even know how much agony I been through because of what you said that day ? I treated you as a friend ... But what do you treat me as ? " I asked softly , no longer having the energy to fight with him .
 
    " I ... I'm really sorry ... I didn't know ... What do you want me to do so that you can forgive me ? " JunHyung asked , grabbing my hand gently .
 
    " You don't need to do anything ... Just ... Just leave me alone ... " I softly said as I shook off JunHyung's grab on my hand and turned to leave .
 
    " Jae Mi ah ! Please ! I'm really sorry ! Hear me explain ! " JunHyung shouted after me . I could feel more and more tears flowing down , causing my vision to blur . How could I be so stupid ? I should have known earlier that he didn't want me as his friend ... That could spare me from all this pain now ...
 
    " I don't want to hear it ! " I shouted back without turning around , still walking further and further away from JunHyung . I used my hands to cover both my ears stating that I didn't want to hear anything from him ...
 
    " I LIKE YOU ! THAT'S WHY I WAS JEALOUS YOU WERE DATING GIKWANG ! SO I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE ME ALONE ! I THOUGHT YOU ACCEPTED HIM ! " I heard him shouting , wait , did I hear wrongly ? What did he just say ? He like me ? Jealous ? Must be my ear's problem , right ? It couldn't be true , or is it ?
 
    I slowly put down my hands from my ears and stopped walking . I could hear JunHyung running towards me . He grabbed my hands and spun me around to face him . He looked at my tear stained face and slowly raised his hand to wipe my tears ." I'm sorry , I made you cry again ... Please forgive me ... " He looked into my eyes . " I ... I really like you ... "
 
    I just continue staring at him . I didn't know how to react . I just felt more and more tears flowing down my cheeks . He took a step forward and pulled me closer to him . He put his arms around me , he's hugging me ... But I didn't hug him back . I just leave my hands hanging by my side as I lay my head on his chest .
 
    I could feel his hand behind my back , hugging me tighter as he moved his mouth near to my ear . " I'm really sorry , please forgive me ... I didn't mean to hurt you ... I ... I really like you , I thought that you were dating GiKwang , that's why , that's why I told you to leave me alone ... I was ... Angry with you for accepting him ... Because I was jealous ... " JunHyung whispered gently into my ear .
 
    I didn't know what to do or what to say ... He like me ? He really do ? I can feel my heart going faster and faster . What should I do ? Should I push him away ? No , I liked it this way ... My crying had stopped and I could feel myself smiling slighty . So should I forgive him ?
 
    Just then , a sudden ringing broke through the silent moment . It's my phone , it rang . JunHyung let go of me and I quickly answered the call . It was GiKwang oppa . " Jae Mi ah , have you reach home yet ? Is JunHyung still with you ? "
 
    " Oh , GiKwang oppa , I'm... ya , I'm home now ... Why ? " I lied .
 
    " Nothing , just worried about you ... Wondering if you had reached home ... " After a few questions , GiKwang oppa finally hang up .
 
    I then turn to JunHyung and said " I want to go home ... Now ... " He nodded and we strolled slowly back to my house in silence . We reached my house and I thought that I should say goodbye to be polite " Erm , so , bye ... " My voice trails off . I gave him an awkward smile and went in . I looked around the house , Jae Jin oppa's not home yet ... 
 
    I went up to my room and sat down on my bed . I opened the curtain beside my bed a little bit , just enough for me to peek outside ... I searched for JunHyung , but he wasn't there . Haiz , maybe he went back already . I closed the curtain and lay down on my bed , thinking about what happened just now .
 
    He said he likes me ... He likes me ... I stared at the ceiling . But do I like him ? I thought about all the times we had together ... When we first met , when we met again in school , when he saved me from the ert , when he saw me cry for the first time , when he ate my chicken , when we shared an umbrella , when he saved me again , when he gently bandaged my injured knee , when he yelled at the boy just to get me a seat ... when he said he liked me ... I smiled ... I knew the answer to the question now , it's yes , I like him ... But I didn't get to tell him and now , he's gone already ... 
 
    Just then , my door bell rang . I quickly got up from my bed and went downstairs to opened the door . Haiz , did Jae Jin oppa forget his keys ? I quickly opened the door and ... I was shocked to see the person standing infront of my door .
 
    " Jae Mi ah ... " JunHyung called out softly . " I like you ... " He repeated , making my heart raced again . He walked nearer towards me and took my hands . He looked straight into my eyes . " Will you be my girlfriend ? "
 
    I couldn't help but to smile widely and gave him a nod . The next thing that happened was the most unexpected ... He broke into a smile .The first time I ever saw him smile ... Does this mean that he's really happy now ? With that smile still on his face , he hugged me again ...