One of One.

Can I Hold Your Hand?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Of course their dorms radiator decided to break on one of the coldest days of winter. All the members tried to manage in their own assigned rooms, which was deemed impossible. They all huddled together in the living room, where they could share a small portable heater and at least each other’s body heat.

It started out like they were teenage girls at a slumber party, chatting playfully and Jackson even starting a pillow fight. Even though it was freezing it was actually fun setting up their sleeping quarters in the same room. They had been under a lot of stress and pressure lately due to their packed schedules, so it was nice for them to relax and be juvenile, doing something that hadn't done in a long time.

When the boys were all bundled up in hoodies, sweats and multiple blankets, the older lads of the group situated themselves on the floor while Yugyeom and Bambam shared different sections of the couch.

The talkativeness died out fast, everyone being exhausted from practice, all of them drifting off.

As the city lights illuminated through the windows and hid the stars from view, the sleeping males in a deep sleep.

Jaebum however was awakened by a rustling next to him. Being used to sleeping next to Youngjae, who slept like the dead, he groaned into his pillow before looking to the male next to him. Jackson had slipped in between the leader and power vocal, saying that he didn’t want to be kicked by Mark adding that Youngjae wouldn’t be awoken by it.

Focusing his hazy vision, Jaebum unconsciously shot draggers into the younger males back; Jackson’s back being the only part visible to him.

The leader watched Jackson for a few moments, as he saw him twitching some. Jaebum was too tired to put much thought into it, he only concluded that Jackson was probably having a dream. Returning his head back to the pillow beneath his body and his chest to the floor.

About to doze off, he snapped his eyes back open when Jackson jolted up, one arm supporting his weight and hood falling off.

“You alright?” Jaebum asked concerned in a hushed tone.

Jackson startled by the sudden voice, peered over his shoulder. Realizing he wasn’t the only one up. The younger lad retuned to his sleeping position hurriedly and gave a curt, “Fine.”

Jaebum shrugged it off relaxing his body.

Jackson wasn’t scared or anything, just a little flustered from the dream he had. It was one of those dreams where you weren’t sure what was going on, yet everything seemed creepy and you felt anxious. He too eventually calmed himself enough to go back to sleep.

Jaebum couldn’t stop himself from being irked the second time he was forced out of his slumber. It was Jackson again tossing under the covers. The leader knew that he had gotten way to use to sleeping next to Youngjae.

He just wanted to sleep peacefully without Jackson bothering him. Reaching out his arm, he pushed on Jackson roughly, hoping he would stop moving.

He flinched his arm back when Jackson repeated his actions from earlier and shot up.

About to snap at the foreigner, halting himself when he saw how shaken up Jackson seemed to be, inhaling deeply threw his nose and staring at the floor.

Jaebum sat up some, “Jackson.” He repeated himself when the younger lad hadn’t answered him. When Jackson finally acknowledged him, Jaebum quietly asked, “You okay?”

Jackson only stared back at the leader for all of a second before getting up, “I’m fine.” He mumbled as he did, sounded somewhat offended that he was asked.

Letting his head follow Jackson’s movements, down the hall and into the bathroom, he pondered over what to do. Should he continue to pester the other or should he just leave it be. He was still in thought as Jackson came out of the bathroom and returned to his spot on the floor.

Catching his arm before Jackson could settle back down, his arm flexing at the touch, Jaebum pestering on.

“You sure you're okay?” It was dark, but the dim hew of light blocked by the curtains helped.
 

“I said I’m fine.” Jackson answered in a whispered growl, not liking being put on blast.

Jaebum would usually retort, telling Jackson not to be an when he’s just voicing his concerns. He let it go though, along with the grip on the other’s arm. It was obviously a nightmare that was interrupting both their rests and the leader understood, he wouldn’t want to speak of it either, it was a pride thing.

Jaebum was the first to lay back down, putting the covers back over himself. Jackson hesitated before following. Part of him felt bad for being pissy with Jaebum, the other part sort of didn’t want to go back to sleep. No he was not afraid… It was just… Okay, fine. He was maybe just a little bit frightened. It was just a dream, something that wasn’t even a reality, but it was getting to him and thats why he felt embarrassed.

Laying on his back, trying not to think of it, thinking of pushing it away from his mind so it wouldn’t come back.

Sleep wouldn’t find him though. No matter how hard he shout his eyes or emptied his mind. 
 

He began to fidget again, tugging off his covers, pulling them back on, rolling to his right side, then to his left, habit of running a hand into his hair before every movement he made.

His fingers past his head once more, before his hand was snatched, startled by Jaebum lacing their fingers together.

Jackson blankly stared in the dark as the male laying on his side had their hands reaching one another.
 

“For the love of God, Jackson. Please, stay still.” The jet black haired male grumbled and begged, eyes still shut.

Feeling guilty that he was keeping J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter