009

Throwback and the Future(Made in the USA part 3)

Saehee was groaning as Mark pulled over at the school’s lot.

Well, back to reality.” Mark announced before placing her bag on her lap.

So, lunch?” Mark looked up, Saehee grinned at him. Ever since the Moli incident, Mark seemed to be a little needy.

Yeah, sure, see you later Tuan.” She squeezed his hand before heading to the doors.

 

Sae?

Saehee’s eyes widened, her lips thinned as she closed her locker door. She faced Namjoon, her brows furrowed.

I—I’m sorry.” He said as he took her hands, Saehee’s frown softened.

It’s just that…there’s been a lot of things going on lately, and then…” He trailed off, Saehee just nodded.

I know, but you have to understand that Mark’s my best friend, and if you can’t have that, I don’t know what to do with you.

Namjoon nodded.

I’ll be at your game later, see you.” Saehee smiled, she kissed his cheek before leaving for class.

 

Ugh, why even bother?” Jackson said as they stood in line for lunch, Saehee was in front of him.

He’s a~

I know, you said that before too. He’s a good guy.

Mark nudged his cousin’s shoulder and set him a look.

“Leave her alone.” Mark said in Mandarin, Jackson snorted.

“I just don’t want her to get hurt.” Jackson retorted.

“She won’t.”

“We both know that it won’t work between them, he’s not fit for Sae~”

Guys, please, can you not argue when we’re lining for food?” Saehee groaned before paying, then she marched away from them.

“I don’t like him for Sae.” Jackson said.

Just let her be, Saehee can take care of herself, we both know that.

 

Saehee smiled as she enjoyed the sun on her face, Namjoon was sitting beside her. The game just ended and they were spending the rest of the afternoon at the field.

So, when’s the next game?” Saehee asked as she leaned against him, Namjoon sighed.

I don’t want to know,

Nam, stop fretting. It’s just an exam, you’ll pass.” Saehee murmured while grinning.

I got a letter from UCLA though,” Namjoon started, Saehee looked at him.

So, how did it go?

He shrugged.

“I didn’t open it, I don’t want to know.”

Huh.” Saehee shook her head, then she faced him.

I got in Seoul U.

Namjoon paused but he nodded.

Nam, I~

Namjoon just smiled and pressed his lips on hers.

Let’s not talk about the future, let’s just…stay in the moment.

 

Let’s ask if she needs a ride.” Jackson said again. Mark sighed, he had just come out of practice when Jackson found him, wanting to search for Saehee.

She said she wanted to go home early today, I don’t think~

Jackson rolled his eyes as they arrived at the field.

I think she’s with that Joonnam again, he’s bad influence on her!” Jackson made a face before walking again, then he halted, Mark almost hit him.

“Oh.” Jackson blurted, Mark followed his gaze and froze. Namjoon had leaned in and kissed Saehee at the field.

Oh, I ought to~

Mark just yanked Jackson back, and dragged him back to the school with his brows furrowed.

 

Mark dumped the box of pizza on the dining table before heading up to his room, he paused as he noticed Saehee lying on his bed, chewing on a Hershey’s chocolate bar.

Whatever happened to lunch.” Mark grumbled, Saehee grinned at him.

So, I brought my notes for Math, you said you needed them.” She piped in and nodded towards his desk. Mark ignored her and changed into a sweater.

Mark plopped on the couch and grabbed his laptop, Saehee sighed.

I know, I’m sorry. But Nam and I~

I know.” Mark nodded, Saehee grinned, peeved Mark Tuan was a tough one to crack. She got up from the bed and sat beside him, she leaned her head and the crook of his shoulder and looked at the laptop’s screen. Mark eyed her warily.

I’m sorry. I should have texted you.

Do..your parents know about him, Sae?

Saehee paused, her brows meeting briefly. She just pressed her nose against the sleeve of his sweater, Mark smiled.

I…don’t..

You don’t know, of course. Classi Jung Saehee.” He nodded, Saehee just elbowed him playfully before leaning back against him. Mark started to type on his laptop.

You know…I think…Namjoon feels uncomfortable around you.” She stated lowly, Mark’s fingers paused over the keys.

Really? Why do you say so?” Mark asked.

He thinks…well, I don’t understand why. You’re basically a part of my life here. I don’t want to worry about that yet.” She shook her head and stood up.

Pizza?

Mark just smiled and stood up, he slowly wrapped his arms around her.

Saehee blinked and patted the back of his neck softly.

Is this about Moli, Tuan?

Mark just smiled and squeezed her tightly before going down to the kitchen.

 

Weirdo.” Saehee murmured before following him.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++