008

Throwback and the Future(Made in the USA part 3)

Saehee put the sandwich on the plate, she followed Mark to the porch. He was sitting on the swing.

Here.” She nodded, it was already three in the afternoon. Mark nodded, she leaned against the railings and crossed her arms.

Mark started to chew on his food, Saehee almost sighed in relief.

“So, are you going to tell me anything?” She asked softly, Mark looked up, his eyes tensed.

She left.

Saehee nodded, she sat beside Mark and faced him.

That’s the point. She’s not the only one. Mark…and…she hurt you. She’s not..worth it.

Sae, Moli~

I know, she was different.

No, I was tricked. I..” Mark swallowed his eyes pooling with tears, Saehee smiled at him.

I hate seeing you like this, Tuan. But I assure you, everything’s going to be fine. You have me, Jackson and Leens. I think me being here is enough, though.”  She added lightly. Mark smiled softly and just wrapped his arms around her.

You forgot the baby, Lauren’s due in a few months.” Mark said before burying his nose on her hair. Saehee just smiled and nodded.

 

How..is everything?” Mark asked, Saehee was driving them both to the beach. They had just eaten dinner, when Mark decided he wanted to go out to get some air.

Well, we have class in a few days.

I know.” Mark nodded, Saehee shrugged.

What about you and Joonnam?” Mark asked.

It’s Namj~Oh .” Saehee winced, Mark looked up.

I said I would call, I forgot.” She muttered, Mark shook his head and just pressed one of the buttons on the dashboard.

I don’t think we asked you dad’s permission to take his convertible out.

I trust your driving, Sae. So, just drive.

Saehee rolled her eyes at him.

About her, Tuan,” Saehee bit her lip.

If she ever comes back,” They arrived at the lot, Saehee killed the engine and tossed the keys to Mark.

I don’t want to see her again. If that’s what you’re asking.” Mark nodded, Saehee chuckled as he wrapped his arm around her neck. They walked towards the beach quietly.

So, about Namjoon?” Mark asked again, Saehee bit her lip in doubt.

Sae, don’t play with the guy’s feelings.” Mark squeezed her hand.

I’m not, but…I don’t know, I never really did give him an answer, but we hang out a lot.” Saehee offered.

Yeah, just like you hang out with everybody else.” Mark rolled his eyes and walked ahead of her.

“Ya!”

Mark shook his head at her, then Saehee leaped on his back.

Ice cream. Since I made you two meals today.

A sandwich doesn’t count as a meal~

Just buy me ice cream, Tuan, before I decide not to help clean your room.

Mark just gave her a cheeky smile.

 

Namjoon looked up as Saehee joined him on the bench.

I know, I’m sorry. But things went a little haywire.” She bit her lip, Namjoon chose not to reply.

College apps?” Namjoon asked as he noticed the folder on Saehee’s bag. She nodded.

My parents have been…badgering me to check out colleges.” Saehee said hesitantly, she knew Namjoon was mad at her.

Look Nam, I’m sorry…

About what?” Namjoon asked, Saehee bit her lip.

Sae, you said we could spend the last few days of the break together and now you don’t pick up my calls or reply.

I didn’t kno this would happen, Mark’s acting odd, Lina’s been needing my help and~

It’s always about Tuan, huh?” Namjoon stood up, Saehee looked away.

He’s my friend, Nam. Don’t drag him into this.

I am not! You’re the one who’s always~” Namjoon exhaled.

I thought you would understand.

Well you thought wrong, I’m leaving first.” Namjoon snapped then he walked away from her.

 

Mark walked in the Jungs’ house, he was greeted by the housekeeper. Then he heard familiar loud thumps coming from the basement.

She’s downstairs…she looked..bothered.” The lady offered, Mark nodded.

He went down the stairs and saw his friend, Saehee was clad in a pair of shorts and a white shirt as she hit the samgomus swiftly.

Mark leaned against the railings and watched her. He knew something was off. Saehhee stopped, she tossed the sticks away and nodded at him.

Mark walked to her.

Bad day?

Nam and I are over…I think.” She mentioned, Mark’s brows furrowed.

Sae, if this is about me~

Now, he…

“I can talk to him, I mean if he needs to understand~”

Saehee shook her head.

No, I know you needed me, Mark, I can’t just leave you while you were down and go around dating. It’s not my thing.” She shook his head, Mark nodded.

I know, and I came here to tell you that I applied for Seoul University, so you’re stuck me with for another four years or so…. ” Mark shrugged and rubbed her arms comfortingly.

 

“And Nam’s not the only guy in this planet, so…don’t feel bad about it.”