005

Throwback and the Future(Made in the USA part 3)

Saehee yawned before sitting on her desk, she looked to her left, Mark was dozing off.

Hey,” She felt a hand on her shoulder; she looked up and found Namjoon grinning at her.

We still have a few minutes till Mister Holland arrives, let’s talk outside.

O—okay.” Saehee nodded before standing up, she poked Mark’s head before following him.

 

So, what did you want to talk about?” Saehee asked, she had her hands in her back pockets, Namjoon grinned at her. They were at the empty hallway, enjoying the quiet.

Us.

Saehee paused, her brows rose up.

I know..we’ve just met..like..four months ago, and,

Saehee nodded, smiling.

I…I just really want to take you out for dinner and ask you..to be my girlfriend.

That was..direct..and blunt.” She finished, Namjoon winced, but Saehee patted his shoulder.

Can you give me some time to think…though? Nam, I..I’m not really used to these type of things.” She bit her lip, Namjoon smiled and nodded.

Of cour~

Sae? Jung Saehee?” A familiar deep voice was echoing around them, Saehee looked up.

Namjoon watched as Mark walked over to them, clearly he had no idea what he was disturbing.

Mister Holland just arrived, let’s go.” Mark stated, Saehee nodded, she gave Namjoon a quick smile before taking Mark’s hand, then, together they left.

 

 

Why are you here?” Saehee paused as she set foot on the Tuans’ living room, Jackson was on the couch, complete with blanket and a night lamp.

Mark?” Saehee called, Mark appeared, clad in a wifebeater and jersey shorts.

Hi.” He smiled cheesily before wrapping his arm around Saehee’s neck and kissed her cheek, Saehee waved him away.

What?” She pointed at Jackson.

He got kicked out, we have a spare room, but he wants to stay here. To make him look more…pitiable in the eyes of his parents.

Huh, anyway, I brought you these, you said you needed help with Physics, I took down some notes and here’s your homework.” She nodded as she dropped the pile of papers on his arms. Mark blinked at her.

Well, I was in a good mood.” She nodded, Jackson suddenly sat up.

Why? Because Joonnam finally asked you out?” He demanded.

It’s Namjoon, and..” She winced, feeling the scrutiny coming from the two.

Oh, yesterday, I knew something felt odd.” Mark nodded flatly before plopping down on the couch. Saehee nodded, then she smiled. Jackson shuddered.

Well, we’re going out later~

But tonight is movie night!” Jackson whined.

Jackson~

I don’t think he’s good for you, he’s too….easy breezy.” Jackson nodded, Mark looked at Saehee. He smiled before standing.

Come on, don’t piss her off. Sae, let’s just grab some ice cream and leave the teenage father to his repentant thoughts.

 

So?” Mark started, they were at an open air deli by the beach. Saehee sipped on her milkshake.

So, what?

Was Jackson right?

She nodded, Mark chuckled. Saehee sent him a look.

Finally, my other teammates wanted me to set them up with you, but I had a feeling you would kill me.

Tuan~

I’m not saying anything.” He teased; Saehee leaned back on her seat.

You’re my best friend, you’re supposed to support me.” She reasoned, Mark grinned at her.

I am supporting you, by not telling Namjoon that you’re heart is made of stone.

Sometimes I having friends like you make me doubt whether I had a real childhood.

Mark grinned before chewing on his fries.

Sae, there’s really nothing to it. You’re spending your Christmas break here, so spend time with him, get to know him. And…well, you don’t really have to give him an answer right away.

How did you know I didn’t give him an answer yet?

Because we wouldn’t be here talking about this if you already have.” Mark nodded, Saehee smiled.

that you have to leave for Taiwan though.

 

For you, yes. For me it’s freedom from you. So yahoo! Free from Jung Saehee.” Mark said flatly. Saehee tossed a crumple napkin at him.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++