004

Throwback and the Future(Made in the USA part 3)

 

“Now tell me,” Jackson said as they plopped on the steel bleachers, Mark looked at him.

Why are we watching the football team? It’s just a scrimmage, no important game.” Jackson finished, Mark looked at his friend. Saehee had her hair tied up and shrugged nonchalantly.

Namjoon asked me to watch him. It’s my first time to watch an actual..football activity.

Football activity?” Mark mused.

Jackson’s eyes went to Namjoon at the field, he rolled his eyes.

You don’t even go to Mark’s games, Sae. And he’s your best buddy!

I’ve been watching Mark play since we were six, Jackson. I don’t need to see every game he plays.” Saehee said as she looked at the field, Namjoon spotted her and gave her a quick wave. Jackson made gagging sounds, Mark just shook his head and took out his mp3 player.

 

 

I don’t like him.” Jackson stated, Lina looked up, amused.

“Oh, Namjoon?” Lina asked.

“He gets along with Sae, I don’t see the problem in that.” Mark said as they started to eat, Lina nodded.

I don’t think he’d understand.” Jackson said.

What are you~

Quiet down, they’re coming here.” Jackson hushed Lina. Saehee was smiling as they stepped towards the table.

So, I’d like you to meet Namjoon.

Mark looked up and offered his hand, the other male smiled and shook it.

This is Mark, Jackson and Lina. Guys, Namjoon.” Saehee stated, Jackson just nodded without looking up from his sandwich, Lina smiled at him before they sat down.

What are we~ Oh.” Saehee paused as she looked at her food, Namjoon looked up curiously.

Tuan, you’re suffering.” She chuckled as she took Mark’s sandwich from him, Mark smiled at her before taking hers.

Switch.” Mark murmured before Saehee took his half eaten sandwich, Namjoon blinked.

Oh, he can’t eat olives and herbed bread.” Saehee explained, Namjoon nodded slowly.

Jackson rolled his eyes.

He won’t understand. Ever.

 

“Pregnant?”  Mrs. Jung smiled, Saehee nodded.

“So, what are their plans?” Her father asked.

“Well, since, class is almost…well halfway there, Lina can finish senior year but has to delay college, other than that, the baby is healthy.” Saehee smiled as she ate dinner. They heard the back door open, Mark appeared by entryway. He paused and blinked.

Mark, sweetie, what brings you here?” Mrs. Jung smiled and ushered him to sit.

Saehee left her phone in the car.” Mark said as he put the phone on the table.

Thanks, have you eaten?

Mark nodded.

How did you get in the backdoor?” Saehee blinked, Mr. Jung chuckled at his daughter.

The question is, I didn’t know we had a backdoor.” He stated before standing up and leaving the two, Saehee balked at her father.

I came here for the phone and with AP Calc, why did I let you talk me into taking it?” Mark mumbled as Saehee stood up and gathered the plates on the table.

Ma? I’ll do the dishes, Mark offered to help too!” She hollered as Mark grabbed the glasses and followed her to the kitchen.

They heard the doorbell ring.

I’ll get it!” Mrs. Jung said, Saehee nodded and grabbed the gloves.

It’s easy, Tuan. Maybe less practice and more study?” She offered, she knew Mark had good grades, but she felt better if they had the same classes together.

“Really?” Mark deadpanned as he soaped the dishes, Saehee just smiled and leaned her head against his shoulder.

That..Joonnam guy, you…like him?

“Namjoon. I don’t know, but he makes me happy.” She whispered before pulling away from him, Mark smiled and nodded.

Well, I trust that you know that if you’re happy and..safe, then I’m good with that.” Mark nodded, Saheee smiled and took off her gloves, she pinched his cheeks.

Oh you can be so adorbs at times.” She mused, Mark just glared at her.

Uhm..

Saehee paused and looked away from Mark, Namjoon was standing beside her mom by the doorway.

Oh.” Saehee blurted.

Honey, let go of Mark’s face.

Saehee put her hands down, Mark winced and finished washing the dishes.

Well, Namjoon here, wants to take you out for some…coffee, since it’s a Friday night. And I said it depends you. So, yeah.” Mrs. Jung nodded before leaving the three. Mark took off his gloves and turned to them.

I should go, see ya.” Mark kissed her cheek before leaving. Namjoon nodded before walking to Saehee.

Best friend?

You already know,” Saehee mused before they headed out of the house. Namjoon saw Mark walk up to their house across the street.

And neighbor?

Yeah,” Saehee nodded as they walked.

 

Namjoon’s brows furrowed but he just nodded.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++