003

Throwback and the Future(Made in the USA part 3)

 

Saehee stepped out of the doors and found Mark leaning against his car, he was now clad in jeans and a gray shirt.

Where were you?” Mark asked.

Had to show this new student around the school for a bit, we going?

Mark nodded and got in the car.

We have a new student? Senior?

Yeah, he moved from New Zealand, or something. He’s Korean.

Mark nodded and started the car.

What did your mom want us to buy?

Mark smiled at her, an awfully sweet smile.

Saehee just groaned.

He pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket and handed it to her.

Mark Tuan, this is a grocery list, you idiot.

 

Mark put the bags on the table and took out the items, he heard Saehee enter the house. She dropped the basket of fruits. Mark poked her cheek before he walked to the fridge.

I need to get some reading done, make me a sandwich will you?” She grumbled as she trudged up to his room.

“Hyung?” Jackson slurred as he walked in the house, Mark blinked.

Are you drunk?

Jackson smiled at him in a greasy manner, Mark shook his head and searched for the bread.

I’ll just be here, passed out on your couch!” Jackson announced before walking to the living room, Mark checked the time; it was just six in the evening.

Something must be bothering Jackson.

“Sae?” Mark said as he pushed the door, only to find his best friend lying on his bed, she had put her hoodie away, and was sleeping.

He sighed and put the sandwich on the side table. He knew this would happen, any form of shopping tired her.

 

 

What is that?” Jackson stabbed his fork towards a particular direction. It has been two weeks since school started, and two weeks since Saehee had been hanging out with the new student.

Mark followed Jackson’s fork, he was pointing at Saehee who was eating with Namjoon.

Leave her alone.” Mark shrugged, Jackson made a face.

No, why is he always with our Saehee? He is such a~

Did you tell them already?” Mark asked, Jackson made a face and slouched on his seat.

I..don’t know, Mark.

They have to know, Lina and the baby, they need you, you know that.

Hi there,” Mark felt Saehee wrap her arm around his neck before she plopped beside him. Jackson grunted.

So that…junior girl over there, asked for your number~

Mark cut her off and pushed a French fry to .

 

Saehee choked on her shake, Mark sighed and just rubbed her back.

“YA! How….How could…you?” She shook her head, the three were at the beach, enjoying some afternoon sun before heading home from school.

Sae, I had no idea the broke!” Jackson winced before Saehee could hit him again, Mark just shook his head at his cousin.

Ugh..too graphic, even for me.” Saehee shook her head and stood up, she brushed the sand from her jeans.

Where are you going?” Mark looked up, Saehee offered her hands to them. Jackson and Mark took it and let her yank them up.

There’s only one way to solve this,

Sae, abortion isn’t really an op~” Jackson winced as Saehee kicked his shin.

We tell the elders, what are you even thinking, you idiot? Mark get the car.

Mark looked at Jackson, he smirked before leaving them.

How do you get Mark Tuan to follow your orders?” Jackson grumbled as Saehee started to drag him towards the parking lot.

 

Saehee winced, Mark shut the front door behind him just as Jackson’s mom started shouting in Cantonese. Mark looked at her and shrugged.

My parents aren’t home, they flew to Korea this morning.” Saehee started as they went down the porch steps.

“I know.” Mark nodded and wrapped Saehee’s arm around his.

Tuan~” She warned before Mark started to tickle her side.

Thanks, Sae, I wanted to talk him out of keeping the secret too.” Mark smiled, Saehee shook her head and pulled away from him.

And my mom just texted me, we should eat out, it’s salad night tonight, and I feel like having burgers.

So you used me as an excuse...again?” Saehee asked suspiciously as they continued to walk under the stars.

I told her you were on your period, and that you were craving.” Mark stated flatly.

 

Huh.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++