019

Throwback and the Future(Made in the USA part 3)

Maia walked out of the room; she had made few friends, Jinhee and Nayoung. The three were making their way to the cafeteria when a group of freshmen boys blocked them.

“Do you need anything?” Jinhee asked slowly, Maia looked at them curiously.

“Maia, right?” One of them asked.

She nodded, Nayoung looked at her friend.

“Yes, you are?”

“I’m Wonho, I’ve been observing you since last week, and I would really like to get to know you better.”

Maia just balked.

“Would you go out with me~”

“Observing? Are you stalking her?” A deep voice joined in, Jinhee and Nayoung looked up.

Mace.” Maia blurted, Mason walked to the younger male.

Wonho bit his lip worriedly.

“Mason sunbae.”

Mason crossed his arms.

“Tryouts start in an hour, move it.” He stated, the boys left. Mason turned to his sister, he smiled, making Nayoung and Jinhee melt.

“Oppa, he was just being~”

“Mom and dad coming for the orientation. You can ride with them, I have basketball practice. Be careful.” He stated before pinching her cheek, then he left.

Maia just sighed.

“So Mason sunbae’s your older brother?” Jinhee asked excitedly.

“Yeah, he is.” Maia nodded.

“Then you are also younger sister to Matthew and Sid?” Nayoung jumped.

“Please don’t fan girl over them when I’m around.”

 

 

 

 

The silver Mercedes Benz pulled over at Poongjin High’s parking lot. Saehee saw some parents already walking around the campus, she smiled before taking her Hermes purse and sliding down the car.

Reminds me of Arcadia.” She mused, Mark closed the door before taking her hand.

We had a very different environment back in high school, Sae. We were always at the beach.” He teased.

You mean I was always waiting for you after basketball practice just to get a ride home.” Saehee rolled her eyes at him, Mark just chuckled and wrapped his arm around her waist as they walked.

 

“Finally, my parents are here.” Maia stood up from the bleachers, Jinhee followed her gaze, she paused.

“Your parents? Those are you parents?” Nayoung echoed.

“W—Why? Is something wrong?” Maia tilted her head as she looked at her picture perfect parents.

“They’re so young. And chic.” Jinhee just chuckled.

Maia looked at her parents again, Mark and Saehee were walking together with the other parents as well, they stood out way too much, but not in a bad way. The other parents were already in their late fifties or early sixties. But the Tuan couple, now in their early forties looked like young professors, dating.

“Your dad’s….kind of hot.”

Maia groaned and grabbed her backpack.

 

Mason,” Mark stated as their eldest walked to them, he was now clad in a basketball jersey.

“Matt and Sid both have hockey training today, we’ll be going home together, pa. And Maia’s around here..somewhere, can she ride with you? I don’t like her staying at school during late afternoons.

Okay, that’s good.

As the two men spoke, Saehee noticed a bunch of girls looking at her son, she smiled. Then she noticed another girl, she was standing not far from them but she was holding onto Mason’s coat. She let go of Mark’s hand and walked to her.

“So, you know Mason?” She asked, the girl’s eyes widened.

“Don’t be scared, I’m his mom, Saehee, what’s your name?”

“…I’m Junghee, Mrs. Tuan.”

She chuckled.

“So…you’re my son’s girlfriend? You’re really~”

“Eomma,” Mason almost whined as he walked back to them, Saehee chuckled and patted the girl’s shoulder before walking back to her husband.

See you at home, honey.

 

 

“Why are you laughing, Sae?” Mark asked, they were at the villa for the weekend.

At the meeting,” Saehee bit her lip, Mark glanced at her, he was fixing dinner. It was a tradition now, every Friday night the house help would be relieved of their jobs  and the family would get some quality time together.

Someone asked me if I had Mason accidentally.” She chuckled, Mark eyed her quizzically.

Like out of wedlock, Mark. I think she was thinking that you got me pregnant first before were married that’s why we were the youngest parents there.

Mark smiled and walked to her, he placed his palms against the counter, trapping her in the process.

I don’t find that funny,” Mark murmured, Saehee just grinned before wrapping her arms around his neck.

It is, anyway, I’m hungry, I’m sure the kids are coming in a few.” Saehee nodded before kissing his cheek. Mark pulled away and squeezed her waist before getting some plates.

I told you we were too young to be parents for South Korean standards. But you just laughed at me before, you had it coming, babe.

Quit the babe, Tuan.

Mom? Jacee hyung’s here! Can he stay for dinner?” They heard Matty’s voice from the hallway.

Yeah sure!” Sae called out before walking to the kids.

Hi, daddy.” Maia walked in the kitchen and found her father cooking.

How was your day sweetie?” Mark asked.

I didn’t realize that Sid oppa, even though he’s a nerd, has girls actually following him around school. It’s so odd and amazing.

Mark just chuckled.

 

Hi, auntie.” Jacee grinned as he gave his aunt a quick hug.

How was practice?” Saehee asked, the youngest Wang just grinned at his cousin.

The freshies were tortured as per usual, auntie.” Jacee nodded before following Mason towards the living room.

“Eomma, we have a game this weekend.” Sid said as he followed Saehee to the living room.

“Ice hockey? What time?”

“Tomorrow, three pm, you and abeoji can come right?”

Of course we can~

They heard the doorbell resonate throughout the house; Mason stood up to get the door.

 

Mason walked to the door, he opened it and found a boy wearing his high school’s uniform, he was holding onto a bouquet of flowers. Mason shut the door to his face.

He went back to the living room.

 

The doorbell rang again.

Mace must not have answered the door, Sidney?” Saehee asked. The youngest twin nodded and walked towards the front door. Mason went back he turned to Matty.

Matthew, what’s the name of your teammate, the one with the number 18 on his jersey?

Matty looked at his hyung.

“Hyung..you mean Jaerim, why?”

Mason shook his head.

Nothing.

Sidney came back moments later.

Who was it?” Jacee asked.

Someone asking for directions.” Sid shrugged non-chalantly, Maia walked in the living room and plopped beside her eldest brother, Mason just grinned and leaned against her shoulder.

The doorbell rang again, Mason looked at Sidney pointedly. Jacee grinned.

Matthew stood up and walked towards the front door, Saehee’s brows rose before standing up.

 

“I would like to see Maia, Matt. To give her fl~”

The boy was about to get the door shut on his face for the third time when,

Matthew Tuan!” Saehee hissed behind her son, Matthew winced.

Mason and Sidney come here!” Saehee called, annoyed.

 

Mason and Sidney winced as they heard their mother, Jacee guffawed.

“Oh Maia, you suffer just like Lauren noona.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++