018

Throwback and the Future(Made in the USA part 3)

Fastforward a little here....

 

 

“It’s your first day today.” Mark stated as he walked in the loft’s kitchen, it was sunny Monday morning, Maia looked up from her toast.

Can’t I just stay at the academy, dad?” She asked, Mason looked up and grinned before sitting across her.

“Why?”

“I’m going to miss my friends, besides oppas’ school…it scares me. It’s too big.” Maia fiddled with the hem of her uniform.

Scary?” Saehee asked, she was dressed in a white Chanel pantsuit, ready for work.

“The twins?” She looked around.

“Matty’s showering, Sid is probably reading..somewhere.” Their eldest replied in his usual deep voice, Saehee smiled and patted his cheek before sitting down.

“Matthew? Sidney?” Mark called before joining his family on the dining the table, sixteen year olds appeared, already dressed for school. Matty grinned at Maia before messing her hair.

Maia rolled her eyes at him before finishing her bread.

Boys, it’s Maia’s first day, you know what to do right?” Mark looked up, the three nodded. Mason grinned at his sister.

“Pa, with Maia’s zero ability to make lady friends, I’m sure she wont have any trouble.” Sid nodded, Saehee smiled and looked at Maia.

“It’s not my fault that I only have brothers.” Maia stated, Mason nodded.

Come on, we’re going to be late school. See you later, dad, mom.” Mason stood up; he kissed Saehee’s cheek before heading to the living room. Maia gave Mark a quick hug before dashing after her older brother. Sid left quietly, with his phone in hand. Matthew looked at his parents.

What is it?” Mark asked.

Sid and I are taking are driver’s exam next week,

Saehee nodded.

Can I~

You can drive the GTR, if I don’t get a call from your homeroom teacher this week.” Saehee stated, Matty smiled cheekily before heading out.

You know Matthew reminds me of Jackson back when we were in high school.” Mark said as they heard the door closed.

Mason is just like you, doesn’t talk a lot.

Mark just grinned at her before drinking his coffee.

 

Saehee looked up as Mark walked in his office.

“I know, I’m sorry.” Saehee stated as Mark placed two brown paper bags on the table. He rolled his eyes at her as she stood up.

Lunch date, I know. But work….I have no idea where the contracts and other documents are.. Ugh.” She murmured, Mark just smiled and wrapped his arms around her.

I brought lunch.” He stated.

I know, can we ditch work today? Like the rest of the day.” She pouted before pulling back, Mark chuckled before making her sit down on the couch.

“Before you used to nag me for not being at the office, now look at you, Mrs. Tuan.

But it was different before,” She stated before slipping off her heels and grabbing the food from the table.

Mark just kissed the side of her head before eating.

 

“Oppa!” Maia winced as Mason pulled over in front of Poongjin High School, Lauren also went to the same school before, now she was already working at Tuan Motors, helping her dad and uncle.

Really, Mai, it’s okay.” Matty gave her one of his dimpled smiles, Mason nodded before the four of them slid down from the black Land Rover, aka The Kids’ Car. Mark bought the vehicle when Mason turned seventeen last year. The only rulee he had were, Mason was to drive them to school and pick up Maia if she were ever to go out. You could say that Mark was a cool dad; unlike Jackson who still had Lauren chauffeured until she turned twenty-three.

Maia walked with Sid, who was busily typing on his phone, she looked around, it was her first day to a Korean high school and everything was new to her. Her two older brothers were before her, chatting.

“Mason sunbae! Good to see you!”

Her brows rose up as girls and some guys walked to her brothers and greeted them.

“Matthew oppa! I heard you were playing for the team this year?”

Maia couldn’t take the crowd, she stepped away, peeved.

Well, the Tuan boys are popular.

 

Laur,” Saehee grinned as the young lady joined them in the conference room.

Mommy,” She mused before giving Saehee a big hug.

“Are you waiting for director Tuan?” Lauren asked, Saehee nodded.

Well yes, we have to go to see Maia’s teacher.

Ah, right, freshmen orientation. Is she going to Poongjin too?

Saehee nodded.

I heard your father chased away someone again,

Lauren rolled her eyes as they sat down.

He~

He’s not worthy of you, his breath reeks!” Jackson exclaimed as he walked in, Saehee looked up, amused.

Was he..drunk?” Saehee asked, Lauren looked at her father again.

No, but he looks like the type who would have bad breath.” Jackson stated while corssing his arms.

“Really, Mandoo? Really?

At this rate, I don’t know when will Lauren ever get married, right Laur?” Mark entered the room, clad in his usual business suit.

Oh no, she doesn’t need to get married. No man would ever make the cut.” Jackson nodded again, Saehee just sighed and stood up.

“We’ll see you later, say hi to Lina for me.”

 

Mark grinned before taking her hand and they left the room.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++