011

Throwback and the Future(Made in the USA part 3)

 

Jackson and Lina’s parents were already at the hospital, Saehee and Mark stood by, the glass windows. Jackson was inside, wearing a lab gown; he has Lauren in his arms.

Saehee smiled and waved at the two, then her eyes landed on Lauren. Her smile widened.

Welcome to the world, angel.” Saehee had said, Mark was also smiling at Lauren.

I bet she’s going to grow up spoiled and loved.” Mark murmured before the nurses came to take Lauren from Jackson.

 

Dinner was loud and happy at the Wangs home, Lina’s parents were also there, the Tuans and the Jungs. Lina was resting in the room with her baby as the adults chatted.

Saehee was at the porch, sitting on the white steps, her arms wrapped around her.

She felt someone sit beside her, Mark handed her a cup of cider. She smiled and took a long sip from it.

Sae, earlier~

She just shook her head and stood up.

Tell them I had a bad stomachache, I’ll be going first, Tuan.” She squeezed his shoulder before jogging towards her car.

 

 

Saehee leaned against the headboard with her textbooks on her lap. Her hair was still damp from the shower, but she continued to read, or was trying to study.

She bit her lip and looked at the ceiling. Her lips quivered lightly, she didn’t know what to feel. Namjoon frustrated her, but she knew.

They were over.

The door creaked open, revealing Mark who was clad in sweats and a loose shirt.

Hi.” Mark said as he walked in carrying a tub of ice cream and two spoons. Saehee looked at him, confused. Mark gestured for her to scoot over, Saehee followed. Mark gave her a weak smile as he sat beside her and pulled the blanket over her legs.

I know you’re supposed to do this with your girlfriends or whatever, but, I’m here. You don’t have girlfriends, though…” Mark trailed off as he put the ice cream between them and handed Saehee the spoon.

I think…we’re over.

I’m…sorry you had to choose.” Mark said as Saehee opened the tub and ate. Mark just tucked her hair behind her ear.

You would have done the same, Tuan. Don’t say sorry.” She shook her head at him.

And…I can’t just choose him over you, it wouldn’t be nice.” She finished; she pushed books away and lay flat down. Mark put the ice cream away, then he noticed the tears on running on Saehee’s cheeks. He exhaled softly before laying flat beside her.

Bad day?” He asked lightly, Saehee just shrugged, Mark opened his arm to her. Saehee just nodded and let him engulf her in his arms as she cried.

I thought it would work, Tuan.” She whispered to his chest, Mark just nodded quietly and rubbed her back until she slept.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++