IV

Courage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IV

Eunhyuk thought that it was hard to admit, but he was scared less of Donghae's reaction.

He had avoided the younger for the rest of the day that the almost incident had happened, but living a life like they did it, it was impossible to avoid him for more than a few hours. What scared him even more was the fact that Donghae hadn't come to wake him up the next morning and so his thoughts were running wild in his head, fearing for whatever it had been that had happened the day before had changed anything about their friendship.

And so, as the dorm's main door swung open and some members of the other floor entered, Eunhyuk let his gaze drop to the floor, too afraid to even see who was coming in. With his heart thumping like there was no tomorrow and his cold hands clutching each other he felt like he was sitting on a scaffold, waiting for his execution. However, as the sofa dipped down beside him and a hand shortly patted his thigh, his fear turned out to be completely unfounded.

"Morning, Hyukkie", he heard a very well-known and tired voice beside him say and as he eventually dared to look up, he was met with one of Donghae's beautiful smiles that-

Had he just thought that Donghae's smiles were beautiful?!

"Are you ready, guys?" Leeteuk asked, looking at the usual fuss that took over the dorms early in the morning. "I don’t want us to be late for practice."

"Nobody cares if we're late for practice, Jungsoo", Heechul muttered, sitting in the kitchen and still in his sleeping clothes. "You're the only one stressing us about something like that…"

"Yeah, because I'm the one who has to explain to the managers why we are late if we don’t arrive on time."

Heechul sighed. "What do you think they'll do, rip our heads off?"

Somebody chuckled. "He really acts like-"

"Shut up, Kyuhyun."

"Would you please be so kind and get ready?" Leeteuk pleaded and his words made Heechul heave another long sigh.

"Fine", he said as he dragged himself up from his chair. "I won't do much anyway…"

Eunhyuk flinched slightly as he suddenly felt a weight on his shoulder. Looking to the side, he saw that Donghae rested his head on his shoulder which immediately brought a soft smile to his lips. It was the relief that the other wasn’t avoiding him that made it appear for sure.

"What are you doing?" he asked gently as he noticed that the other's eyes had fluttered shut already.

"Taking a nap…" was the silent reply. Eunhyuk's gaze fell down to their thighs that were so close to each other that they were almost touching. It seemed like staying up half of the night and worrying about everything hadn't been needed at all.

"Now? Jungsoo-hyung wants us to leave", he lowly said and slightly moved his left leg so it came in touch with the other's. Donghae stirred a bit, his body slightly moving closer to him and his cheek nuzzling against his shoulder.

"Starting from now, Heechul-hyung needs at least thirty minutes before he dares to leave the house. Let's just sleep a bit until then…"

Eunhyuk chuckled silently and rested his head against the younger's.           
It wasn’t a bad thing to be glad about Donghae's presence, was it? He was so used to him by now that he immediately felt like something was missing when Donghae wasn’t around. But that was normal for people who had been best friends for so long; maybe he should stop interpreting so much in such little things. Donghae didn’t seem to mind what had happened the day before so he shouldn’t mind it either. It had been practice, after all.

***

His body movements were slow and sensuous as he danced to the music, just like the song had been written only for him. It looked like the easiest thing in the world, professional and smooth. Yet those body waves…

Eunhyuk decided that it should be illegal how Donghae moved his body right in front of him, while at the same time being deeply confused by the fact that Donghae could even dance like this when he had been a ball of smiles and sunshine only mere minutes ago. He even had to avert his eyes now and then when the younger sent him gazes that simply had to be an act because there was no way in hell that they were actually meant for him.

Donghae's hand slid down his chest with awfully slow movements, something that Eunhyuk didn’t remember to be part of the routine. But he didn’t mind it, not at all. And so he didn’t even notice how his eyes were practically glued to the younger's hand as it made its way down his chest and firm stomach; Eunhyuk was almost a bit disappointed that it didn’t slide down any farther.     
His eyes were still resting on him when Donghae slightly turned around and he didn’t hesitate for a second before he immediately let his gaze drop to the younger's backside to stare at it without a bit of shame.

"And?" Donghae asked, panting and with a flushed face. He turned around to face him and it was only when Eunhyuk caught himself staring at the other's crotch for a good couple of seconds that he noticed what he was doing.

"W-What?" he asked, completely flustered and in search for the younger's eyes. When had the music stopped?

"Was it better this time?"

It took him all his might to understand that Donghae was talking about his dance performance and to keep himself from blushing madly. Then he quickly nodded his head which made the other beam at him; he had to avert his eyes once again as he saw it. "Yeah… It isn’t perfect yet, but… It's a lot better than before."

"Really? Ah, thanks, Hyukjae. I knew that practicing with you alone would do wonders!"

Right.             
That was the reason for them being in the studio all alone; Eunhyuk had been willing to help the younger with the routine. But his help wasn’t really needed. In fact, Donghae's dancing was as good as perfect, there were only some little things that he maybe could've done better and people most likely wouldn’t even notice them. That hadn't kept Eunhyuk from quickly nodding his head when Donghae had asked him to help him a couple of hours ago, though. He would never admit it, but he could watch the other dancing the whole day and then some without being able to explain to himself or to anybody else why it was like that.

"What's with the hip s?" Donghae asked and ripped the elder out of his thoughts. "Are they good that way?"

Eunhyuk didn’t answer immediately because the words hip and s somehow made his brain stop functioning when they came out of Donghae's mouth. That was reason enough for the younger to repeat said movements once again and whatever Eunhyuk had wanted to say: what left his mouth next was nothing more than a strange sound. It was a mixture between the first letters of some random word and a noise kind of similar to a moan. He felt his stomach drop to the floor as he saw the way Donghae started moving his body again and he quickly shut his mouth before any other embarrassing sounds could leave it.

"Are they good like that?" Donghae asked, seemingly completely unaware of the condition the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter