XXXIV

Courage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXXIV

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

Eunhyuk sighed heavily and turned his head to the side. Donghae was standing beside him, leaning against the wall with one shoulder and lips curled into a soft smile. The brunet patiently waited for an answer, even if it took some time until the other spoke it out.

"Yeah, I'm sure. It's just that… Well, I wouldn’t have something against pushing it around for some more."

Donghae chuckled and didn’t hesitate before wrapping his slender fingers around Eunhyuk's wrist. He pulled him away from the wall, shackled Eunhyuk in his embrace and let his breath tickle the raven head's skin. The brunet chuckled again, his voice as soft as a breeze in summer. "We can wait a bit more if you want", he whispered and made the other smile. He closed his eyes, breathed in the younger's scent that kept his heart from racing.

"It's alright. I want to get this done." A short kiss was placed on Donghae's ear shell and his hands over the younger's sides. Eunhyuk wanted to forget time like this; he wanted to hold him for hours, weeks.

"Are you scared?"

"No." He surprised himself a bit with answering that quickly. But this answer rolled off his tongue like the question had been the easiest in this world – and somehow it really felt like this. "Are you?"

Donghae pecked the side of his neck. "You're with me. What should I be afraid of?"

Eunhyuk grinned and pressed a kiss against the younger's forehead. Donghae smiled sheepishly and answered him with a peck dropped onto the other's plump lips that Eunhyuk gladly returned. He kissed him a few more times and with every kiss the nervousness left his body a bit more. It was gone completely the moment Donghae's thumbs over his cheeks.

"Ready?" he asked and wanted to get this done as quickly as possible so that there wouldn’t be any more secrets left between them and the other members.

"Ready." Donghae kissed him one last time and it was visibly hard for him to keep his hands off the other's body as Eunhyuk pulled the door open.

The other members were gathered in the living room, half of them hanging around on the couch and the other half on the floor. It was already late at night and so most of them were drowsily lying around, yawning or even taking a nap. There were only a few members that looked up to them as they entered and those looked rather annoyed. This was the first moment of the day when they were all gathered in a safe atmosphere however; there had been no other possibility.

"Can you tell me why you wanted us to meet here?" Kangin groaned with his eyes half open. "I'm tired as hell…"

"I really hope for you that it's something important", Kyuhyun muttered from the other side and heaved a heavy sigh. "I could be sleeping right now."

"Don’t lie", Leeteuk scolded with a yawn. "We all know that you do many things at night, but sleeping definitely isn’t a part of that."

"Hyung, don’t be heartless. I need to relax after a long day of work."

"Shut up and spare me your whining", Heechul grumbled and set his eyes on Donghae, his expression visibly softening. "What is the reason for us being here?"

The brunet's gaze travelled to Eunhyuk and the smile returned to his lips, infected the raven head as well because it was so bright. "There's something we have to tell you", Eunhyuk said and reluctantly tore his gaze away from Donghae. It fell to the floor immediately however because saying this still was a big step. He maybe wasn’t afraid anymore, but he still had a lot of respect.

"What do you want to tell us?" Sungmin asked and it sounded just as understanding as it always did. Eunhyuk started chewing on his bottom lip. His eyes flitted over to Sungmin and as he saw that there were more members looking at him now, his heart stumbled in his chest.

"W-Well… Donghae and I… W-We…" He awkwardly rubbed his nape. "I really don’t know how to say this…"

Now absolutely all of them stared at him, everybody except for Shindong at least who was silently snoring, his head resting on Siwon's lap. Eunhyuk felt the heat shooting up to his head and he was sure to soon be as red as a tomato as he kept stuttering incoherent things.

"He… I… We… Recently… um… Well… We are-"

Donghae's fingers curled around his own and with this made Eunhyuk look back at him. The younger kept smiling and Eunhyuk could literally feel his heartbeat calming down as he lost himself in the younger's beautiful orbs for a second. Donghae intertwined their fingers and softly squeezed his hand; for a moment Eunhyuk thought that it would be easier if Donghae would be the one saying it, but he wanted to do it. He wanted to prove to Donghae that he was serious, he wanted to show him that he could be brave too. And when it was about admitting what made him so happy that he couldn’t stop grinning for hours then there really was no need to be nervous, right?

"We're dating", he suddenly said, almost blurted out because his mouth was faster than his brain. It took some time until he noticed what he had said and then his eyes widened in shock. Donghae squeezed his hand again, with the smile still on his lips, and with that stopped him from freaking out. Yet his gaze quickly travelled over to the other members after a moment because it stayed so deadly silent.

They were gaping at them, some with such wide eyes that Eunhyuk could barely take it. He saw open mouths and shocked faces; Eunhyuk wished somebody would finally speak because this silence was so heavy that he thought his legs would give out soon.

"Since when?"

It was a whisper and he couldn’t even tell who had asked this. His heart was racing in his chest because he thought that this sounded like a question of betrayal, like he and Donghae had betrayed them with keeping their relationship a secret for so long.

"About two months now…" He almost whimpered as he spoke. "We-"

"What?!" Kyuhyun almost rose from his seat because he was so disappointed. He even looked like he was in pain. "How could you do this to me?!"

Eunhyuk ducked his head, feverishly searched for the right words. "I'm sorry! I-"

Mad laughter interrupted him before he could explain himself. "See?! I told you, Kyuhyun! I told you!" Kangin yelled and clapped his hands. "I knew that they aren’t dating for more than two months!"

Kyuhyun ruffled his hair with a pained whine. "No, why! I was so sure!"

"But you were wrong", the other sang. "And now give me my money. Bet is bet!"

The younger groaned again and reached out for his wallet. Eunhyuk's eyes were so wide open that he thought they would pop out of his head soon. "Wait a minute… You two made bets if we're dating?"

Kangin laughed out loud. "What are you thinking?" he asked and accepted some bills from a muttering Kyuhyun. "Not only we were making bets."

"How long ago was your first kiss?" Ryeowook blurted out with an excited expression on his face.

"It was last year in May", Donghae answered with a blissful smile on his lips. Eunhyuk didn’t have the time to be scandalized at that as Ryeowook already loudly rejoiced.

"I was right!" he exclaimed and hit Henry's shoulder so hard that the other almost fell down the couch. "Give me my money!"

"So Soojin was a fake girlfriend?" Siwon asked.

"Um… Yes, I-"

"Ah, that one was easy." Yesung mumbled. "Is there even someone who held against that?"

"When was your first time?" Leeteuk asked like he had put his shirt on a horse. Mouths dropped open and seemingly everyone wanted to know the answer. Eunhyuk couldn’t believe what was going on.

"Why the hell would I-"

"On his birthday", Donghae whispered and made most of the others groan in defeat. Heechul however rose from his seat like a king and dramatically flipped his hair.

"I told you so", he sang like he wanted to rub it in all their faces. "I told you all the way!"

"But that's unfair! They were like crazy months before that!"

"Yeah, if that wasn’t than what was it?!"

"Um…"

"Who cares? Give me my ing money or I'll chop off your balls."

While Heechul was going round and collecting bills from almost every member, Shindong raised his head and confusedly looked around. "What's going on?" he asked sleepily.

"They ", Kyuhyun muttered and pushed some more banknotes into his hyung's hand. Shindong's gaze travelled over to the both of them.

"That's it? And you wake me up because of something like that?"

"No, I woke you up because you owe me money, you retard", Heechul growled and ripped said bills out of Shindong's hand right before the other continued his nap.

Eunhyuk still couldn’t believe his eyes. He thought he was dreaming; he really couldn’t explain this to himself in any other way. It seemed like the only thing the others cared about was the money they had made or lost because of their bets; the actual fact that he and Donghae were a couple was literally ignored. "How did you know that? I mean… Aren't you shocked?"

"About what?" Sungmin asked casually. "We knew that there is something going on between you right from the start. And those that didn’t know it understood it after filming Full House."

"Oh, Full House…" someone mumbled.

"Yeah, we knew that you are madly in love. Everyone with eyes in their head knows that", Heechul said while counting his money. "And you are dumb to think that we didn’t know what did go on between you during the last couple of months."

"How?"

"The walls are thin", Yesung said. "And Donghae talks in his sleep."

"Oh…" Eunhyuk paused for a moment. "But wait! You rarely shared rooms with him."

Yesung shrugged his shoulders. "I like to walk aroun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter