XXX

Courage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXX

Eunhyuk pulled the door shut and made his way over to the kitchen. "Morning, hyung", he said and with this greeted Leeteuk, the only member he could see around. The leader was sitting at the table and looked up to him; he still seemed to be pretty tired.

"Morning…"

"Is Donghae doing better today?"

Eunhyuk knew that it was rude to ask about someone else first, but his mind had been filled with Donghae the whole night. He had been the last thing he had thought of before falling asleep and the first thing after waking up. That he had been acting this weird really was a mystery to him.

Leeteuk frowned. "Why, is he sick?"

"I think so. Didn't you read the text message I sent you last night? I asked you to have an eye on him."

"Oh." Leeteuk rubbed both hands over his face. "I didn’t turn my phone on yet", he mumbled against his hands. Eunhyuk hummed silently because he knew that caring much about phones or text messages was a hard thing to do after only a few short hours of sleep.

"Did he sleep at least? He was pretty messed up yesterday."

Leeteuk let his hands sink down and revealed the even deeper frown on his forehead. "I don’t know about that. He didn’t sleep in our room last night."

Confusion mixed with worry as Eunhyuk's eyes widened. "He didn’t sleep here? But… Where is he then?"

"I have no idea. I thought he was sleeping with you."

Eunhyuk shook his head and thought about who he had seen in his own dorm that morning. "He didn’t sleep at our floor", he said and made Leeteuk helplessly shrug his shoulders.

"And he isn’t in his own room either."

The raven head's thoughts were running wild in his head. Donghae couldn’t have disappeared. "What's with the other members? Did they say anything?"

"The only one I haven't seen here yet is Heechul. The others didn’t say a word about Donghae", Leeteuk answered, now visibly concerned as well.

With hearing this, Eunhyuk was seriously worried. It wasn’t like Donghae to leave the dorm overnight; he always told at least one member where he was going if he left alone. Usually he was that member, but this time it was no wonder that he didn’t know.

He was just about to freak out because he didn’t know what to do when he heard one door being opened. Heechul appeared in his field of view and with this the only person that could keep him from going crazy. "Hyung", he said as he saw him pulling the door to his room shut very silently. "Do you know where Donghae is?"

Heechul scoffed and crossed his arms. He kept standing in front of his door, glared at him like only he could do it. "Do I know where Donghae is…? Of course I know, stupid."

Eunhyuk was a bit taken aback because Heechul was so offensive, but because he didn’t know a reason for it and also was aware of his infamous mood swings, he didn’t think much about it. "Okay, that's good. Can you tell me where he is?"

Heechul scoffed once again. "As if… You better don’t care where he is because he ing doesn’t want to see you."

The raven head frowned and wondered if he had done something to Heechul that could've explained why he was so mad at him. There wasn’t anything he remembered.  
So Heechul didn’t have the right to act like this, did he? He was innocent. But he couldn’t count on Leeteuk to defend him either; he saw out of the corner of his eyes that the leader lifted his hands like he wanted to surrender and quickly left the dorm to step out of Heechul's line of fire. And this was what he honestly wanted to do as well – if it wasn’t for Donghae.

"Alright, fine. He doesn’t want to see me. Can you at least tell me the reason for that, please? Usually he doesn’t need a spokesperson after a fight with me."

"Usually-" Heechul stopped himself before he could have a tantrum and massaged his nose bridge for a second, tried to calm down before continuing in a somewhat calmer tone. "Usually you don’t get involved in such , Hyukjae."

"Such ?" Eunhyuk didn’t understand anything anymore. "I didn’t do anything as far as I can remember."

Heechul clenched his jaw. "Oh, really? You didn’t do anything?"

"No, I-"

"Do me a favor and just shut the up, alright? Donghae is a freaking mess because of you and your dumbness and instead of standing around here like an idiot you should rather start thinking about what kind of could've happened in the last couple of months!"

"But I don’t-"

"Spare me your nonsense, will you?! Donghae doesn’t want to see you and I don’t want to either. So you better just leave before I forget myself."

Eunhyuk's gaze fell to the floor and he couldn’t hide how disappointed he was by this, how disappointed he was by Donghae as well. He still wondered why Donghae couldn’t tell him what was wrong and why he needed Heechul to speak for him. And he had tried it, hadn't he? Eunhyuk had tried to get to know what was wrong, but now he didn’t want to anymore. If Donghae didn’t want to then it was like this, then Eunhyuk accepted it. He wouldn’t run after him anymore when this right here was the only thing he got.

"Alright then", he breathed and shortly looked up to him. Heechul still looked like he was ready to throw things at him and so Eunhyuk turned to leave. He was mad too and thought that this wasn’t the behavior of a grown man. Donghae was the one who had to come to him to explain what was going on. He really didn’t want to play in this game any longer.

The raven head sighed and left the dorm, was already out of the door as Heechul took a deep breath. Once again he tried to collect himself and only dared to enter his room again when he thought he was a bit more relaxed. With silent steps he made his way over to one of the beds and sighed silently as he noticed that his voice had been too loud when he had told Eunhyuk to leave. He placed his hand on Donghae's head, brushed his locks back and felt more than sorry for waking him up as he saw his pale face.

"How are you doing today?" he asked and hoped that it was better, at least a bit. Donghae didn’t look at him, chose to stare at some spot somewhere in the far. He didn’t look good at all, even if he had stopped crying.

"Hyung", he mumbled and blinked his tired eyes that still looked so sad. "I'm not feeling well…"

Heechul hummed silently and kept over the younger's head. "I think you should stay at home today. You can't do any schedules in your current condition… I'll call Junghoon-hyung, alright?"

Donghae softly nodded his head and Heechul forced himself to a small smile. He was just about to get up when Donghae's low voice made him stop. "What did he say?"

With another sigh he turned back to him, the smile on his lips painful. "He wanted to see you", was the answer that he whispered in a calming tone. "I told him to leave… I don’t think he knows it yet."

The breath Donghae let out was shaky and as he blinked his eyes a few t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter