XI

Courage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XI

The first sound that cut through the silence of Eunhyuk's room the next morning was a loud groan. Cause of that groan was Eunhyuk himself as he lay in his bed, one arm thrown over his face to shield his eyes from the horribly bright light that had been switched on mere seconds ago.

"Come on, get out of bed", he heard Kyuhyun's grumpy voice from the door and for a second he wondered where he was. "It's late already and it isn’t my job to drag you out of this room."

There was a moment of silence which Eunhyuk used to let out another pained groan and he was completely unaware of how this made the younger quirk an eyebrow.

"Hyung", he said and a devilish smirk appeared on his face. "Are you hung over?"

Eunhyuk let his arm slip from his face and glared at the other through narrowed eyes. "What the hell, Kyuhyun? Of course not, what makes you think that?"

"Well, let's see… You don’t get up in the morning, it looks like you're having a terrible headache and you're still wearing the clothes I saw you in last night. Oh, and the most important fact: you went out to drink last night – or did you forget that already?"

With another growl Eunhyuk carefully propped himself up on his elbows. True, his head felt like it was about to explode and only a short glance was needed to assure himself that he really wore the clothes of last night. Well, at least his jeans; his shirt he found lying on the ground right next to his bed. He couldn’t remember taking it off; in fact he couldn’t remember anything about last night. But a hangover? That would mean that he had been drinking – and that was straight away impossible.

"I'm sure there's a good explanation for all of this", he mumbled while ruffling his hair and made Kyuhyun roll his eyes.

"Yeah… Of course there is. Now get up, we have a hell of work to do today."

The younger left the room and left Eunhyuk behind who barely managed to bring himself into a sitting position. Groaning, he brought one hand up to his head and held it; his own statement inwardly started faltering because he had never experienced waking up like this. Why didn’t he have any memory of what had happened the night before? The last thing he knew was bidding Kyuhyun goodbye, everything else was deleted from his brain. How could that be?

He slowly swung his legs out of bed and immediately came to a stop as he felt a strange sensation between his thighs. Okay, maybe it wasn’t that strange because he instantly knew what this had to mean, but… How?

Quickly patting down his thighs, he found his phone in one of his jeans' pockets and pulled it out. There were only two people that were able to tell him what had happened the night before and he found himself speed dialing one of their numbers before he had the chance to think more about it. It took rather long before he finally heard someone picking up and as he heard the annoyed moan on the other end of the line, he knew that he wasn’t the only one feeling like crap that morning.

["What the , do you know what time it is…?"] was what he was greeted with and a short glance to the side made him become aware of the fact that it was barely six in the morning. That was pretty early – especially for the other.

"Indeok, what happened last night?" he blurted out after deciding that he didn’t care enough about the time to talk about it. There was a moment of hesitation and as the other's voice broke through the speaker again, it sounded a lot friendlier than before.

["Hyukjae, hey… How are you doing? Is um… Is everything alright?"]

"No, nothing is alright! My head hurts like hell and I have no idea what we did last night. What happened with me?"

["Yeah, well… This… Um… We were at that one bar and… after some time… Dongmin dropped his keys. Yes, yes, that idiot dropped them. You were closer to them and wanted to pick them up, but when you came back up again – bam! – you hit your head on the table pretty badly. You were immediately knocked out and we brought you back to the dorms. That's everything."]

Okay, that sounded strange. More than strange. But who was Eunhyuk to judge? He had no memory of what had happened so he had to trust the other. Indeok had no reason to lie to him, right?

"You didn’t call a doctor or something?"

["That wasn’t necessary. You were just… a bit off."]

"Ah… And at what time was that?"

["I think about… two in the morning or something?"]

Eunhyuk hummed.     
That early? Then this whole evening really had been a complete success, seriously…

"How did you get me inside? You don’t know the code, right?"

["We knocked. Donghae opened the door and-"]

"Donghae?" Eunhyuk furrowed his brows in confusion. "Why was he at our dorm?"

["Um… Well, we were at the wrong dorm. It was Dongmin's fault again, that stupid idiot told me you live at the 12th floor so we went there."]

"But you know where I live, why didn’t you-"

["We were drunk, okay? You should be glad that we even found your home."]

He hummed again, still not satisfied with this explanation. Why didn’t sound any of this familiar to him?

"Did Donghae say something or-"

["He was worried of course, but he didn’t say much. We explained to him what happened to you so you can go and ask him if you don’t believe me."]

"I believe you, there's no need for that… You wouldn’t lie to me after all."

Nervous laughter sounded through the phone. ["That's right, why would I do that?"]

Eunhyuk started nibbling on his lip. Maybe he really had hit his head, that would at least explain his headache and the blackout. "Okay", he mumbled. "Thank you."

["No problem. Uh… If you don’t have anything against it, I would like to go back to sleep now because um… It's still pretty early, if you know what I mean."]

"Oh, yeah. Sure. Well, see you then."

["See you."]

Indeok ended the call and Eunhyuk let his phone drop to the bed. He rubbed both hands over his face and didn’t dare to feel for a bump or something on his head to not make his headache any worse. He didn’t know that he wouldn’t find anything like that if he really would start searching.      
Now the only mystery left was what had happened to make him feel that uncomfortable in the crotch area. He knew now that nothing could have happened during their stay in that bar and even afterwards because he had been unconscious how it seemed. Donghae most likely had just stripped him from his shirt and dropped him here so why was he-

", no."

He hadn't been dreaming about him, right?          
The thought of Donghae triggered something in him and he suddenly had low moans in his ears that made him bite his lip. A wet dream about Donghae after knocking himself out on a table – great. Really, really great.

"Good job, Hyukjae", he muttered to himself and carefully lifted himself up. "Good job…"

***

Eunhyuk needed hours, meds and some cups of tea before his head stopped throbbing and he was able to actually start his day. They had a meeting at the S.M. building in the morning that he only understood half of because his mind flew back to those moans every so often and he had to keep himself from thinking too much about them to not maneuver himself into a position he couldn’t get out anymore by himself.          
Had that really been a dream? It had to be one, there was no other explanation after all.

"Hey Donghae", he called after the meeting had ended and with that made the other stop walking. They were on their way to the studio for practice and Eunhyuk held the younger back a bit so that the others wouldn’t hear what they were talking about.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter