Soul of Seoul

With Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen to : BAP - Coffee Shop

Minseok tapped his fingers on the steering wheel as he waited for the traffic lights to turn green. He took a glance at the trees by the roads and smiled lightly when he realized the leaves were starting to turn brown. Autumn will be here soon, he thought. Autumn was his favorite season. Summer is too hot for him and winter is too cold for him. He loved the colors of autumn, the tones of yellow and brown was calming to his eyes. Favorite thing to do? Just sitting down in front of the window of his cafe, sipping a warm coffee while he read and admiring the falling leaves of the tree in front of the cafe. 

The streets of Seoul was busy in the morning as it always have been. However, since's it's still summer for most people, he can see couple of kids here and there on the sidewalk, probably heading towards the nearest park to play. He can only catch that during the summer. When autumn rolled in, the kids and teenagers will be at school and also some of his favorite university students that worked in his cafes during the summer will be gone. 

Minseok parked his car in front of his unfinished shop. He immediately smell the scent of fresh paint stinging his nose when he walked in. The floors were covered by plastics and he can see some can of paints on the corner of the room. He spotted the new counters for the coffee bar. He already can imagine himself behind those counters again. He spotted his construction contractor inside the room where it will be the room for employess. 

"Good morning" Minseok greeted as he bowed. 

"Good morning, sir" his contractor bowed back.

"How is it?" Minseok asked as his eyes scanned the room around him. 

"Well, the lighting appliances will come this afternoon and we finished painting as you can see but that's not what I want to tell you. It's the kitchen area has some issues" 

Both of them walked towards the kitchen area. Minseok looked around and felt there's nothing wrong with it. "I see nothing's wrong"

"It's plumbing issues in the kitchen bathroom and also the dishwashing area"   

Minseok sighed, "Okay, run me through it"

As they were discussing about options, the construction workers came one by one. By the time they finished their improptu meeting, all of them came and Minseok has to go to his other cafe, his first one.

The drive this time was a bit further, considering this is his third cafe to be opened it was a bit length from his first one. He arrived at his coffee shop, Soul of Seoul just in time his oldest employee and cook, Jin was opening the cafe doors. 

"Hey, Jin" Minseok greeted.

"Oh, hyung! Good morning" Jin greeted back. 

While waiting Jin to open the doors, Minseok heard someone speaking English and he looked to side, there's Mark and Lucas, two of his summer time employee. 

"Good morning, guys"

"Good morning, hyung!" "Hi, hyung!"

All of them walked in and started to get ready for the day. His other employees immediately came one by one through the door. They got around an hour before the cafe opened. After putting their stuff and putting their apron, all of them started to either doing bread doughs, wiping tables, preparing coffees, or opening the umbrellas out in front. Some of them were even grabbing quick breakfast in the kitchen. It was just another morning in Soul of Seoul (서울의 소울) or some of the youngsters like to call it SeoSo (서소).

Minseok went behind the coffee bar counter and put on his apron. He started cleaning his station and making sure the coffee were there or he have to run to the storeroom. However, the door in front opened and came in the first batch of customers of the day. He smiled widely and greeted them welcome.  

It's another day in the job. 

“Oppa, how can you managed the shop successfully?” a girl, one of the customer who often came, asked Minseok while he is making her coffee in front of her. It was an normal afternoon. Some of office employees in the area were having lunch breaks, some students who are taking summer programs were here, and just other people in the cafe. It was a pretty crowded afternoon but not to crowded.

"Just some dedications and hard work. No need to elaborate more other than that because it is recipe for success. By the way, when will your semester starts again?"  Minseok asked politely. There was no mistaking that this girl fancy him, she always wanted to talk to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter