DAY 13-16: The Truth

House of 20's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

EPISODE NARRATIVE

Park Myungsoo (Voice Over): While the females strategized about the new noraebang scheduling, Jiyong was expressing his concerns for Taeyeon to his fellow male housemates. Our GD oppa became so uneasy the whole night, even forgetting to eat his dinner. And to the council's suprise, he even requested to speak with Elder Yoo Jaesuk in the Council Room.

Elder Yoo: Is there a problem Jiyong?

G-Dragon: Taeyeon is still singing outside. Someone has to tell her about the curfew.

Elder Yoo: Yuna already volunteered to let her know. She is now her roommate, so she took this responsibility. Don't you trust her, and the other female housemates, to deliver the news?

Jung Hyungdon (Voice Over): But it seems Kim Yuna got so engrossed in the dishes she forgot that the clock was now ticking. The other housemates were assured that Taeyeon's favorite dongsaeng would inform her of the curfew, and so they already fell asleep easily. At 8:34 PM, SNSD's leader was still singing outside, oblivious of the emergency curfew.

G-Dragon: I do trust them, and I understand that Yuna took responsibility. But Taeyeon's still singing and it's now almost nine. I don't want to leave anyone behind. Can I at least remind Yuna?

Elder Yoo: You are a great leader Jiyong, but sometimes you have to delegate, especially if doing this task yourself would result in the failure of the daily task. You are NOT to talk to any housemates from the opposite . Just trust Yuna, arasseo? I'm sure she wouldn't leave her unnie behind.

G-Dragon: N-neh Elder Yoo. Thank you for your time.

Jung Hyungdon (Voice Over): G-Dragon left the council room, still uneasy. Would he sacrifice the daily task just so Taeyeon would be alerted of the curfew? It looks like he would, but just as he was about the approach Kim Yuna, Yuna already ran towards the exit door.

"Unnie!" shouted Yuna, careful not to step outside.

"Yeah?" Taeyeon answered, pausing from picking another random song. She had been singing nonstop since 5pm.

"There's a curfew! You gotta be in by 10pm, arasseo?"

"Curfew? What do you mean? We never have a curfew."

"Tonight's special and the elders are strict on this. Just come on in now and don't start another song," egged Yuna.

"Ok. I'll just maximize the time left. We still have 40 minutes left into it."

Jiyong was listening to their conversation, and he got very frustrated that Taeyeon didn't seem to grasp the gravity of the situation. If he was in Yuna's place, he would immediately tell her the consequences of missing the curfew. But the figure skater wasn't doing such a good job getting her to come in.

"Are you sure?"

"We're 2000 points behind on this task. I'll come in before 10."

"Arasseo, just don't forget. Everyone's already asleep, and I took some sleeping pills because of my insomnia so I might be down soon too. We have to be on our beds by 10, no exception."

"Okay, I'll come in after five songs. Thanks Yuna!"

Aish. Why are you so hard-headed Kim Taeyeon?

Of course Jiyong knew that she was set to prove herself to the whole world. Taeyeon was very much concerned of what the people would say, always overthinking, always overanalyzing. This always strained her, resulting to her depressions and even ulcer. Jiyong worried all the more.

So he waited just by the windowpane, checking to see if she would really make it in time.

Park Myungsoo: Uhm, Taeyeon dear... this is already your sixth song. There's only a few minutes left until ten. Hurry up!

. She's still singing. Dang it. Jiyong watched his clock tick, and he argued internally whether or not to break the daily task and sacrifice himself just so Taeyeon could come in. He was about to turn the knob and pull the door open when the music stopped.

Thank God she stopped singing. Whew.

He listened, observed, and saw that she was already closing the machine and picking up her stuff. Afraid that she would see him waiting, Jiyong hurried towards Taehwan and Seungho's room. Due to the daily task of avoiding the opposite , he was told to sleep away from Taeyeon. There was still 15 minutes left before the cut off, and Jiyong comfortably crashed on the bed, assured that Taeyeon made it in time.

Okay, good night Taeyeon. Sleep tight baby girl. Wait, did he just call her baby girl? Yup, he just did. Unconsciously.

Jung Hyungdon: G-Dragon fell asleep immediately, probably thinking that Taeyeon made it to her bed. Or did she? Let's find out tomorrow night!


*


SOCIAL MEDIA VERSE

@kim_nam_gil:
Oh no, Taeyeon got locked out in the preview! Does that mean she'd be denied food and housing for one day?

@tommylee12:
Don't you dare starve her MBC, or Sones will have a coup against you!

@jen-dong-2445:
Whoa, G-Dragon was really pissed at Kim Yuna in that preview. How can he talk to our nation's fairy that way, all for the sake of Taeyeon?

@snsd_janghani:
Is that Tiffany and Taeyang in one chair, talking to Elder Yoo in the Council Room?!

@choohana4720:
IS THIS REALLY SOSHIBANG HAPPENING ON MY TELEVISION SCREEN?

@choisarangGD:
THE BEST FRIENDS IN THE HOUSE YO! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE! FRIDAY, COME BY FAST PLEASE.


*


EPISODE NARRATIVE

Park Myungsoo (Voice Over): Early in the morning, the instrumental of one of the most popular noraebang songs worldwide served as the alarm clock for the sleeping housemates. Whitney Houston's I Have Nothing successfully woke up the entire household.

Isn't that a noraebang instrumental? Hmmm... a staff is probably singing to Whitney Houston outside... Jiyong thought, remembering that all housemates were accounted for the curfew. He immediately got up and stretched, ready for the new day ahead.

Jung Hyungdon (Voice Over): The housemates moved rather slowly, no one thinking much of the music that was playing. Until a familiar voice began singing to the song...

Share my life
Take me for what I am
'Cause I'll never change
All my colours for you

That voice caused all sorts of fear to struck in Jiyong's mind. He got out of bed so quick and exited the bedroom. A quick peek out the window confirmed his fears. The , why is Taeyeon singing early in the morning? The curfew's still on...

"Is that Taeyeon unnie?" Suzy asked, exiting their bedroom with such a bare face.

"That's definitely Taeyeon. Shoot," Geunyoung confirmed, listening to the voice that was singing. "Can you check their room?"

Nothing was making sense to Jiyong. Last night, she had plenty of time to come in and be at bed. Unless she opted to stay out and think, like she usually did. Or maybe the curfew was lifted.

"Yuna's still asleep. She was put under sleeping aid for insomnia, and Taeyeon's bunk bed is empty too," Suzy reported. By this time, the other housemates already gathered in the living room.

Take my love
I'll never ask for too much
Just all that you are
And everything that you do

". Please tell me someone other than Yuna explained to Taeyeon everything about this curfew," Jiyong asked the clueless and confused housemates.

"I didn't."

"I thought Yuna would tell her."

"She probably doesn't know the punishment."

This greatly angered Jiyong. He wasn't angry at anyone but himself. He had the chance to save her last night, and yet he only thought about the daily task. Who cared about the daily task? It was Taeyeon's health and safety at stake!

"Sh*t. Why didn't any of us care to tell her? We all know how important this is!" he angrily muttered, losing patience now.

"Calm down Jiyong, there's no need to be angry at us," Park Soojoo just as angrily shouted back, unappreciative of Jiyong's outbreak.

"This means she stayed outside all night, she won't be given food all day, and she won't be allowed entry here today! Well of course I'm mad!"

"I SAID CALM DOWN KWON JIYONG!" shouted the feisty Soojoo again.

"We really messed up unnie," Suzy admitted, repulsed. "We should have made all necessary efforts.

"Yeah, we didn't really try, did we?" also admitted Geunyoung.

"I realize that, but let's not put blame on each other. Let's just calm down and think of a resolution. Jiyong, we don't need you here if you aren't calm."

Jiyong just eyed Soojoo with contempt, and then walked out. He realized his anger really did not have a place in this, especially since it was early morning. In the end, he decided to walk out and blow off steam somewhere, saying his apologies as he bowed to the other housemates, avoiding their gazes.

Park Myungsoo: Meanwhile, one housemate continued to earn as much weekly points as possible for the team. Our Taeyeon just loves the noraebang, doesn't she? Her connection to the music, the invisible crowd, and the lyrics, are undeniable. Even with a bare and bloated morning face, an empty stomach, and the cold weather, Taeyeon shrugged then all away and sang to her heart. By the middle of the song, Taeyeon has cried her heart out again.

I don't really need to look very much further
I don't wanna have to go
Where you don't follow

Tiffany: Annyeonghaseyo, So Nyuh Shi Dae's Tiffany imnida, Taeyeon's best friend. It's my honor to be invited to the House of 20's.

(CHEERS)

Jung Hyungdon: Omo, what is Tiffany doing inside the house?

Taeyang: Annyeonghaseyo, Big Bang's Taeyang imnida, G-Dragon's best friend. Thank you for inviting me to the House of 20's.

(APPLAUSE)

Jung Hyungdon: And Taeyang too? What's going on? Hmmmm... Let's hear what Jaesuk hyung has to say.

Elder Yoo: Hello Tiffany and Taeyang, thank you for coming. I invited you both here to help the Elders and the public understand the behavior of your best friends.

(OOOOOOOOHHHH)

Elder Yoo: Tiffany, why does Taeyeon cry for every love song she sings? Taeyang, why did Jiyong become so angry and unreasonably mad this morning?

(AAAAAAAAAHHHH)

Tiffany: That's a very difficult question Elder Yoo, but I will try my best.

Youngbae: I just hope Jiyong won't kill me for this.

(LAUGHTERS)

I won't hold it back again
This passion inside
Can't run from myself
There's nowhere to hide

Jung Hyungdon: Taeyeon-ah, while you move our hearts with your singing, an oppa of yours is also moving our hearts with his concern for you. Turns out G-Dragon didn't blow off steam somewhere. Instead, he went straight for the Council Room.

"The confession room is closed," the male crew member said, stopping Jiyong from entering.

Adamantly, Jiyong replied, "I just want to talk to the Elders."

"You have to wait. None of them are here yet."

"How about the PDs?"

"What's the problem? What's with the urgency?" pretty much more production members gathered around the frantic Jiyong.

"Taeyeon slept outside and didn't eat dinner. She also wouldn't be able to eat all day. I want to negotiate with the Elders."

"You can't do that. The rules are the rules, no exception," one of the female assistant director answered.

"Please noona, just let me talk to the Elders."

Jung Hyungdon: Aigooo, our gentle Jiyong is being awfully convincing. Do I see pity in the eyes of the female PDs? Surely, they would crumble with empathy. Meanwhile, outside, Taeyeon was midway into the song. For someone who hasn't had dinner and breakfast nor a proper sleep, she's singing her best ever.

Don't make me close one more door
I don't wanna hurt anymore
Stay in my arms if you dare
Or must I imagine you there

Park Myungsoo: The night before this splendor performance, our poor and unknowing Taeyeonie realized that she was locked out. And who was the first

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter