Jongup

Interlinked

“Right, hurry up. Mum will be waiting.” Minah instructed while Jongup slid the car expertly into a parking space on the side of the road.

He sighed. “I don’t think…I don’t think I need to go.”

Minah raised her eyebrows. “What? What are you going on about you spoon. Your company needs that document for tomorrow!”

“They’re not really desperate for it. It’s their fault anyway, I wasn’t even told to get it. This company were meant to drop it off. They’ll be in trouble, not me.”

Minah looked at her brother. He wouldn’t meet her gaze.

“Gup, why don’t you want to go in there? You do need that document, don’t you? Are you scared?”

“No.”

“What’s wrong then?”

Jongup was silent and then spoke suddenly. “I never like going into that office, even in daylight. It just scares me, OK? They can get it in the morning, someone strong and not wimpy can go and get it.”

Minah watched her brother with sadness. “I’ll go with you.”

He looked up. “No, I really don’t want to go in. Let’s just go to mum’s.”

“I’ll go by myself.”

She already had the door open. “Minah, no, I don’t want you to go. Get back in the car. MINAH!” Jongup yelled, but there was no point. Nothing was ever stopping Minah when she was determind, especially helping her brother.

He watched her run round the side of the building until she was out of sight. He fidgeted in his seat, and suddenly, with firm decision, jumped out of the car and ran in the direction his little sister had gone.

 

The bang made Jongup jump.