Jongup and Minah

Interlinked

"Jongup! Help me choose quickly! We need to go!" Minah yelled, holding two different scented candles. "I've not wrapped it yet!"

Jongup strolled into the kitchen casually, holding his cheeky smile. "Sorry Min, I was making myself look beautiful."

"Mammoth task." Minah rolled her eyes. "Come on, which one would mum like best; lemon zest and ginger or cherries in the snow?"

"Why did you buy two when you're only going to give her one?"
"I'll give my friend the other, she likes anything."

"Um, I don't know. What's lemon smell like."

Minah kicked him expertly with her foot whilst keeping hold of the two giant candles in her tiny hands. "You're a waste of space you are." She insulted him but smiled with love at her older brother. She offered both of them to sniff. He pulled a face at both and wrinkled his nose.

"Do people actually like this stuff?"

"Are you kidding, these are like £10 a jar. Quality stuff, it's very popular. Makes you relax in the bath and stuff."

"£10 a candle?! That's ridiculous. I don't understand you."

"I don't care. I don't understand men."

"Good job, you'll never be with anybody."

Minah laughed. After years of these type of insults with Jongup she was immune to be offended by anything he said. "Says you, womaniser."

Jongup grabbed her round her small waist and carried her, yelling, like a ladder under his right arm to the back door.

"Do you want me to throw you outside? It's dark and cold and the snails will get you."

Minah twisted as she thought of her slimy phobia. "Put me DOWN, Gup!"

Jongup sighed and grinned as he put her down with the ease of his strong arms. "You're such a wimp, sis."

Minah shuddered. "But snails, yuck, slimy." She shook her head and fetched the candles that she had luckily put on the kitchen worktop before she was 'tortured'.

"OK, I'll just give her the lemon one." She said, slapping a bow on the top of it and putting it in a little gift bag. She put on her coat and smoothed down her hair. "OK, ready?"

"Yeah." Jongup answered as he put on his jacket. "I just need to stop off at the office on Orbit Street. It's been working with the company I work for and they're lending us something we need for tomorrow morning."

"OK, well we can pass that way to mum and dad's can't we?"

"Yeah, I'll just nip in and get it. Parking is usually quite bad at this time so park round the other side of the buildings and I'll just run round."

"In the evening? Why would it..."

"I don't know, odd isn't it? Oh well. Come on, you got her present? I can't believe she's fifty. That was always really old when we were kids."

"Well Nanna was that age when we were born. Nannas are always old, then when you're that age you think it's young. It's all a mind game."

Jongup laughed as he switched off the lights of Minah's apartment and continued the carefree chat of their family, leaving the flat in darkness.