Problems

Interlinked

It was cancelled. The meeting. It had only been arranged two days ago; what had changed that was so urgent the meeting had to be cancelled?

Jongup shook his head and thought nothing more of the matter. He was used to people letting him down.

He tossed his phone on the side and went back to eating his pizza and watching Jeremy Kyle. Jongup scoffed as yet another man was discovered to be the father of yet another baby. Watching other people's problems unfold on the small screen took his mind off his own.

Jongup knew he should get up and try to fix this mess he was. But he didn't.

Perhaps he was scared, nervous; or maybe he knew the inevitable would happen one day - what's the point in speeding it up?

The woman on the telly ran off crying after her boyfriend (not the father) and Jongup found himself shaking his head in disgust again at how pathetic these people were. He sighed and took a swig of water before freezing. His eye had caught on a picture frame on which the light was reflecting off. That particular frame had been bought to the front of the cabinet, in front of all the other pictures.

He set the glass down on the table and got up to look at the photo. It was becoming habitual of Jongup, but he couldn't help. It was a collage of photos of Jongup and Minah that she had made him for his birthday a couple of years ago. It had a photo for every stae of their lives - babies, toddlers, teenagers, Jongup's graduation, day's out - everything that perfectly portrayed the big brother-little sister relationship they had.

Had. 

Jongup sighed and set the frame back in its place, before returning to his position on the sofa. He saw his phone light blinking and picked it up.

Spam. That was all he ever seemed to get nowadays. He missed ignoring Minahs meaningless texts. But honestly, she sent the most random things. And Jongup had saved every single chat. He would find himself reading through and laughing to himself when he missed her too much.

Jongup opened the keypad and dialled an all-too familiar number. He pressed the phone to his ear and waited for an answer, meanwhile drumming his fingers on his armrest.

There was a beep and then the voice he missed, loved, was speaking into his ear.

'Hey, this is Minah, 

Sorry I can't answer the phone right now,

But leave a message and I'll get back as soon as.'

BEEEEEEEP

Jongup stuttered. He had so much he wanted to say but his mouth wouldn't form words.

"I - Minah... it's me. I really - I think I really need to say sorry first,

I miss you. Um... I just wanted to hear you speak.

I need someone to talk to. Someone I trust.

So, urm, yeah. That's it really.

Bye... maybe I'll speak to you again, haha.

Well, yeah, bye."

Jongup hung up and slapped himself; why was he so awkward?! He didn't know what had happened to him. He felt guilty, like it was his fault.

Maybe it was his conscience. Jongup didn't believe in all that but maybe what goes around really does come around.

There was new couple on the telly now, arguing over someone cheating blah blah blah. It was all the same as the next.

But maybe now it was time to finally face his fears and sort his own problems out.

Jongup looked at the keypad again.

His thumbs began keying a number in.