Yongguk and Claire

Interlinked

"Claire! How long does it take to reapply your lipstick?" Yongguk yelled up the stairs. "You've been up there for ten minutes!"

"I'm coming!" His wife yelled, hurrying down the stairs, being careful not to mess up her carefully done hair. "I couldn't find the lipstick I was using and then I didn't think it went well with my dress and I had a perfectly better one somewhere in my old make up box and then it wasn't where I thought it was and by the time I'd found it I..."

"Honey, you're babbling." Yongguk smiled at her and s his arms round her hips and looked up at her adoringly. "You look beautiful. I think that lipstick looks lovely, it compliments your cheekbones." Claire laughed and pulled a face. He leaned in to kiss her and she smiled and leaned her head back.

"Hey, Gukkie, that's how my lipstick got messed up last time, I want it to look nice for our anniversary." She ruffled his hair and her heels clicked as they made contact with the wooden floorboards and she wandered into the kitchen to get her phone.

"You always look nice." Claire turned to him and smiled as she laid eyes on her husband. He looked gorgeous, as always; his charms hadn't worn off since the beginning of their marriage five years ago. She still loved him just as much.

"Where is it we're going?" She said, scrolling through her emails. Being manager at a designing company meant she had to be available, constantly. That meant being on top of her emails, constantly.

"The Anchor, you know the one near the leisure centre? Peter really recommended it, he said their steaks are delicious."

"I've not had a steak for such a long time. I might push the boat out tonight and order a sirloin. Sack the diet."

"You don't even need to diet, you're perfect." Yongguk hugged her from behind and kissed her bare shoulder, where Claire's stylish black jumper had slipped slightly.

"Would I be a perfect mum?" She whispered after a few moments. Yongguk tensed and turned her round to face him.

"Claire, you'd be a great mum." He replied, his eyes gentle and sincere.

"Really? You think...you think we're ready?"

"Yeah. After what you said last night, I think we are. I'd love to have little ones running round here. I think it'd be a lovely thing. I know we're not so well-off but my pay raise is from next month and we've got money saved...I think we could do it. I would love to be a daddy."

Claire smiled at her husband. "Oh, Yongguk, I think we're ready too." She kissed him on the lips tenderly, forgetting about her perfect lipstick.

Yongguk smiled into her kiss. "Well, I will look forward to the first step when we get home. Let's go and enjoy our anniversary meal." He took her hand and they walked out of their door.

"Ooh, it's chilly." Claire clung on to her husband's arm.

"We just need to stop by work to pick up a few things. I don't want to keep them files in the office."

"OK, I can get down to Orbit Street."

"You can?"

"I'm driving."

Yongguk sighed. "No you're not. I'm driving."

Claire smiled. "If I'm gonna be driving our family car around dropping our kids off at their clubs while you're at work soon, I need to get used to driving more!"

He grinned his gummy smile back at her. "OK, you can drive."

She punched the sky in mock victory. "You'll see, I'm a better driver than you."

"We'll see."