Your name is..

Nine Angels on Earth

Krystal was just at the door of her sister’s place when she heard a very beautiful voice resonating the whole place. They are practicing at this time? She thought it’s a bit strange for Jessica’s group to practice at midnight and she was even thinking they already all went home after practicing in their company the whole day today. She stepped inside the flat only to hear the singing louder and she realized that it’s more beautiful when it’s resonating inside the closed walls. She looked up at the piano only to realize that someone she doesn’t know is singing. Her voice is heavenly. Who is she? 

 

As the song comes to an end, she heard her sister’s room open and close and the stranger’s gaze meet Jessica’s eyes. Oh? Krystal Jung noticed the slight shift in her sister’s eyes and then it changed into a hard stare again.

 

Before anyone can react, Krystal clapped her hands as loudly as she can which caused everyone to turn their heads towards her. She made her way towards the leaving room and in front of the stranger who is looking at her with a puzzled expression.

 

”That was lovely! You have a very beautiful voice!” Krystal complimented the stranger with a smile. “Really impressive.”

 

”Krystal, what are you doing here?” Jessica asked after recovering from her shock. 

 

“Oh. I have something to discuss with you unnie.” Krystal turned her head towards her sister as she answered the question then back at the stranger. “In the meantime, she’s really good. She has a very beautiful voice worthy of a singer.” She smiled and then added, “My name is Krystal Jung. Jessica’s sister. You are?”

 

“Krys, she, uh, she doesn’t know her name. We had a little incident after driving out if the company and we found her after Yuri almost hit her.” Tiffany answered on the stranger’s behalf.

 

”Yah! How many times do I have to say that I did not hit her?” Yuri whined.

 

“I said ‘almost’.” Tiffany defended herself.

 

“She doesn’t know her name?” Krystal looked at everyone in the room and realized that Tiffany was saying the truth when everyone nodded. 

 

She frowned and looked at the girl standing in front of her. She’s such a beauty and has beautiful voice. Such a waste. Oh! Her eyes widened in realization when she looked at the situation in front of her.

 

“Hey, you don’t know who you are right?” The girl nodded. “And I’m guessing you don’t have a place to stay?” The girl tilted her head to one side as if she did not understand the question thrown at her. “I should be right because you can’t remember anything. Let me help you. I’ll hire someone to check who you really are so we can find your family or where you were before this happened.” She offered. 

 

“In turn, please join my sister’s group. Your voice will be really helpful.”

 

Jessica Jung blinked several times before her sister’s words sinked in. She was only able to utter one word after. “What?”

———————————————————————————-

 

“420 years.. We have lived 420 years in peace and we have ensured that Heaven and Earth is as peaceful as it was prior to the nine of us being entrusted of these responsibilities and yet one miss and our lives are now in huge uncertainty. How did this happen?” The goddess of love is still unsure on how they should all be taking their current state.

 

”We have no other choice but to entrust our lives with the goddess of dream. I have put in all of my faith in her and you all have to do the same.” The goddess of wisdom stated which received a unanimous nod.

 

“I am aware of her capabilities. This will be done in no time. In a blink on an eye, the goddess of dream will be back with us here in Heaven.”

 

Silence engulfed the big white room as the goddesses thought of their best recourse for the situation.

 

“If I may ask, is anyone aware of what mission was given to the goddess?”

 

Oh. Right. The most important question of them all.

 

”Bring the archangel here this instant!” The goddess of war declared.

———————————————————————————————-

“Krystal Jung! What nonsense is this?” Jessica Jung flared. She can’t believe what she just heard.

 

”Sica unnie, she has a heavenly voice that can really be useful right now.” Krystal turned around so she can see almost everyone. “I came here from the company to discuss a situation with you. We had critics listened to your songs, don’t get me wrong, they are all good and we all agreed that they would be hits however, since we are aiming a group wherein perfection is the standard - they have told me one critical miss. Vocals.” She looked at her sister straight in the eyes to get her point across. “The eight of you have beautiful voices, 4 are extremely impressive even. But one main vocalist for a large group does not really sound that ‘perfect’ especially for critics.” 

 

Yoona chided in. “That’s actually a good point.”

 

”I came here to tell you this, Unnie. And as the acting President of the company - given your hiatus as we prepare for your group’s debut - I am concerned of this. We have to name another person to be a ‘main vocalist’.” Krystal explained further. “I was honestly thinking to change the title of one of the Lead Vocalists instead to Main Vocalist as the easiest solution however this would be risky seeing in the songs we planned, you are the only ones doing the high notes. People would question it.” 

 

“Why am I just knowing this problem now?” Jessica asked.

 

“I’ve know of this fairly recent too.” Krystal shrugged. “Anyway, she would be the answer to this problem. You’ve all heard her sing and I believe no one would question her ability now. Her voice could even be ‘the’ voice. No offense unnie.”

 

”But Krystal, we do not know anything about her.” Hyoyeon commented.

 

”I’ll work on that right away unnie. We need to cover all our bases too. If she turned out to be a not so ‘rich’ girl in relation to the group’s image, something has to be done.” Krystal decided.

 

”Unnie, are you okay with this.” Seohyun carefully asked the stranger beside her who has remained quiet throughout the whole ordeal.

 

”She’s surprisingly very calm despite all this.” Sooyoung commented.

 

”Yeah. She’s quite calm.” Yuri reacted.

 

Calm..

 

”I got it! Since you’re extremely calm.. I’ll call you that.” Krystal exclaimed. “Your name is.. Taeyeon.”

 

—————————————————————————————-

It’s been a really long while since I last written something. But I feel like I should revive this story. It has such potential but I wasted it so.. here we go again. Thank you for your time reading the story! :) Long live Taengsic!