Her voice

Nine Angels on Earth

"WHAT?"

 

Someone cleared from the surpised she got.

 

"E-excuse me. Did you just say 'who am i?'" Yuri asked, scared of the answer she will get. Different reactions filled the rooms when the stranger sitting in the couch nodded her head.

 

"Are you sure you did not hit her Yuri?"

 

"No I did not!"

 

"Then why can't she remember her name?"

 

"Ask her. Duh."

 

"Can you remember anything?" the girl shook her head after a while. "Anything at all?"

 

"L-ights? White light? I saw them, as if they were blinding me."

 

"Must be the car's'." the tallest of them all concluded. She stepped back to lean on the wall. The doe eyed girl folled her and leaned beside her. Some other girls sat on the floor rather lifeless while the red haired girl and the youngest sat on the stranger's sides, sandwiching her.

 

"This is.. "

 

"I don't know what to say."

 

"How do we deal with people who can't rememer anything? What is this called again? Anemia? Amenia? What?"

 

"Amnesia unnie. Oh my Gosh!"

 

"Seroiusly Hyoyeon?"

 

"What? You know i'm not a fan of studying. Haha."

 

"On a serious note, let me introduce ourselves first. We are scaring you all this time I think." the youngest suggested. "My name is Seohyun, i am the youngest out of us. The girl on your right is Tiffany unnie. This dork is Hyoyeon unnie. Sorry i have to say this, the smallest here is Sunny unnie, the tallest one over there is Sooyoung unnie. Next to her is Yoona unnie and then that's Yuri unnie, the tan one. Then right infront of you is our leader, Jessica unnie. As Tiffany mentioned, she owns this place and oh by the way, we are a group and we sing and dance and we will make our debut a month from now!" the youngest introduces enthusiastically.

 

"Group? Sing? Dance?" the stranger ask which makes all the girls' eyebrows furrowed.

 

"Uh- yeah. Sing and dance. Its the thing you do to entertain people. To.. how do i say this, make them happy? Relieve their stress?"

 

"S-sing.." the girls mumbled enough to be heard by the youngest.

 

"Y-yeah sing, Do you know how to sing?" 

 

The girl tilted her head upon her question.

 

CUTE! Jessica had to control herself from squealing when she saw the action. She cleared to get everyone's attention.

 

"You." she called the stranger with a blank expression and the hostility is evident in her voice. She had been quiet for long now and truthfully she did not like where all of this had come to. Seriously, how can someone forget her memories? Is that possible? Those stupid things only happens in dramas! This girl has to be fake. A spy maybe? Sent by other companies or tabloids to get all the details of their upcoming debut? The fact that Seohyun introduced all of them as the members of the group scared her, this girl has the scoop now! It enrage her that some lowlife creatures can be this well, lowlife! And the girl doesn't even have the face that could be mistaken as a scammer. But then again, thats why she's convingcing, she doesn't look like one and her acting is ridiculously good! Damn.

 

And what enrages her most is the fact that though this girl is not to be trusted, she still finds her every move cute. From the moment she opened her eyes, to the way she looks, to the way her eyes got scared, the way she shifted her eyes right away when she gave her a glare, to her cute childish voice, to the painful face that she had that almost made her heart jump in horror - she was too concerned about what happened awhile ago to her liking and now to the way she tilted her head right away when she called.

 

Nevertheless, she still give her a cold stare. Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to the greatest actress of all, Jessica thought of herself.

 

"I don't know why you are doing this but stop it right away. I am not falling for your tricks and so is my group. You are a spy aren't you? From what company? GY? PYJ? Or are you from the media? Paparazzi? How much do you need? Tell me your price. I'll give you anything you want."

 

"I-"

 

"Cut the crap! I don't have time for this!" she uttered. Her voice not loud but enough to send shivers to anyone,

 

"Jess- I think you are a bit too much." Tiffany states softly.

 

"Hush. This girl is obviously making fun of us."

 

"Jess-"

 

"Don't tell me you believe her Tiff?" her deathly glare turned towards the red haired girl who retreated by shifting her eyes.

 

"Sica. It's not that we believe her but what if-"

 

"Not you too Sunny."

 

"Can we atleast give her the benefit of the doubt? She looks so innocent to be lying." Sooyoung said.

 

"That's what she's supposed to be to lessen the suspicion. AM I RIGHT?" her eyes were back on the stranger, She saw her shifted on her seat. Her fingers playing the hem of her shirt. "Amnesia? What an awful excuse. You could have thinked of another one kid." she stated. Okay. The kid part was because of the girls action towars her shirt. Hell, this girl is really cute.

 

"I don't know-"

 

"Again, how much do you want? Don't make me ask again!"

 

The girl flinched when she raised her voice a little this time. Fear is now showing on those beautiful chocolate eyes again.

 

"Jessica unnie."

 

"What?!" accidentally, she raised her voice to the youngest which she regretted right away. Her temper is getting the best of out her.

 

"Jessica unnie, I'm sorry but I would have to agree with the other unnie this time. We.. we don't really know her. What is she's saying the truth? What if she doesn't really remember anything? If i were her, i am not sure what i will do anymore. I mean, its like living with a blank sheet of paper on your mind. Years of years of knowledge and experiences went to waste. I think she needs people with her atleast so she can be comfortable, atleast while she can't remember."

 

She almost gave up upon hearing Seohyun's words but she did not when she rememberes that she could be fraud.

 

"I still don't believe her! I want her out of my place in 5 minutes! Arrrgggh! I'm going to bed. You guys can all go home." she said as she walked to her room and the door was slammed shut. The remaining eight girls in the living room all released a sigh of relief. All with one thing in mind, that girl is really scary.

 

 

Two minutes of silence was broken when Sunny spoke first.

 

"What are we suppose to do?"

 

"Jessica's really mad. Seriously, we need to get out of her."

 

"Right. Yeah, come on."

 

"Unnie. About a while ago, so yeah, do you know how to sing?"

 

"UNNIE?" six girls screamed at the new term by their youngest towards the stranger.

 

"What? I feel like she's older than me."

 

"She looks like 17 years old Seohyun-ie, can't you see?"

 

"She small and cute but that doesn't mean she's younger. Look at Sunny unnie. I think they are the same, besides i refuse to not be the youngest anymore."

 

"Wow. You are enjoying insulting me today Seohyun-ah!"

 

"What? That's not what I meant."

 

"Whatever."

 

"I'm serious!" she stuck her tongue to tease the older girl and then her eyes focused on the stranger once again. "About my question unnie?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Can you sing?"

 

"I don't know."

 

"Let's find out then."

 

The six girls found themselves dumbfounded as they saw their youngest dragging the stranger to stand next to her as she sat infront of the piano. Handing a paper to the stranger, she said, " that's the lyrics, I'll take the lead first okay?"

 

Without waiting for a reply, those trained fingers started its magic among the black and white music tiles.

 

A beautifully sad melody filled the air as Seohyun continously those black and white tiles and soon her voice joined the beautiful melody that doesn't went unnotice to the girl fuming inside her room.

 

Why is Seohyun singing? Jessica thought.

 

I wasn’t even ready but you are before my eyes, about to leave
I couldn’t say anything so I just waved
So long, I wave, toward the shining you

Goodbye my love, my precious person
You always warmly hugged me
I fill my eyes with you as I say goodbye
I look at you a little bit more as I say goodbye

 

Seohyun nodded her head as a sign given to her new found unnie to start singing. The stranger, though doubtful and hesitant, gave in after she gave her a warm smile.

 

I hope you will be happy
I hope you will always be a shining person
Goodbye with a smile, let’s be a bit stronger
Goodbye now, so long now

 

Jessica had to stop herself from falling asleep when the lullaby that she is hearing from Seohyun's voice was replaced by a not-so-familiar-breathtakingly-beautiful-soft-soft-voice. Her mind rushed to gave an answer as to who this voice belongs to, she knows her members and she doesn't - Tiffany? No. Her voice is too powerful for a very calm voice. Sunny? No. It doesn't sound the same. Yuri? I don't think so. Its not Sooyoung, Yoona or Hyoyeon either.

 

She let herself listen to the voice some more.

 

Goodbye my love, my precious person
You always warmly hugged me
I fill my eyes with you as I say goodbye
With a bright smile

 

Her eyes shut wide open with the realization. Could it be?

 

Goodbye, so long my precious person
You, who beautifully dazzled and shined on me
Goodbye my love, as I look at you, goodbye
As I look at you a little more, goodbye

 

As the song ended and seven awe-strucked girls are not moving in the living room, two doors opened making the stranger looked towards the girls who just exited her room and their eyes meet for the longest time that night.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Song reference: Taeyeon - Bye English Translation

 

Till next time. Goodnight <3

-SeoYeon07