S**t Happens

To Catch A Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You wake up everyday thinking that its going to be the same routine. You wake up and think the day will be normal, that you'll go through the motions like you always do and the monotony won't be interrupted.

Sometimes the same routine can bother a person and sometimes routine can be a persons lifeline. For me? Routine is my lifeline. I like waking up everyday knowing that nothing will surprise me and that I have control of my circumstances. I know what my day is going to consist of. Today I was supposed to wake up, go to school, and then come home like I always do. 

Unfortunately, today was not one of those days. 

You might be wondering what I'm talking about right? Why you wake up everyday thinking it's going to be normal but doesn't really turn out that way? Well today is especially notable, because today is the day that changed the rest of my life.

 

8 hours prior

 

I rested my head on my desk, my arms folded. I looked up at ChangMi who was babbling on and on about something I really didn't care about. Honestly, I don't even know what she's talking about anymore. I tuned her out the minute she said Demons.

Is she still going on about that myth? Why is everyone so obsessed with it? What is so great or fascinating about them anyway?

"Did you hear that we're going to get new students today? Oh I hope they're male! I hope its someone cute." Well, couldn't argue with her on that one. I may be practical but that doesn't mean I don't also have normal teenage girl tendencies. I do appreciate a good looking boy. I've even had a boyfriend before in case you didn't believe me. The relationship didn't last but it was my first one so it meant something to me.

Its been a year since I've had a boyfriend but I'm perfectly content on being single. I honestly don't think I'm ready to be committed to someone again. Relationships take a lot of work and I don't know if I'm willing to put in the effort at this point in my life. I just want to focus on school and getting into the nursing program at NYU in America. I want to be a nurse practicioner when I grow up and NYU has a great program! They offer a BSN for nursing and grad school for a nurse practicioner. 

"Well ChangMi speak of the devil and he shall appear." The whole class turned their attention towards the door as two fairly handsome boys walked into the room. I didn't recognize the first to enter the room, but I definitely recognized the second face that walked through that door. How could I not considering just 24 hours prior this boy was over my house with his family having dinner.

I could hear the whispers of the class, mainly the girls oogling the new boys. I definitely can't deny they're attractive, but like I said before I don't have time for all that jazz again. Nor do I think I'm ready to like someone again. I don't think I'd want to date a cold person, either. 

The teacher motioned for the boys to introduce themselves and the one I didn't recognize spoke first.

"Hello my name is Jeon Jungkook. Please take care of me." Pretty standard introduction and bow. I turned my head towards TaeHyung and saw the girls practically faint from him smirk.

"I'm Kim TaeHyung but you can call me V." The teacher felt satisfied with their introductions and sat them right in front of ChangMi and I. Wait...right in front of ChangMi and I? Oh great now I'm going to have to wipe the drool off of ChangMi's chin. Silly girl.

The way our classroom is set up is in tables made up of four desks facing each other. I don't know about other girls but I don't like making awkward eye contact. Our teacher insists that this is productive to your learning, that its supposed to strengthen the realtionship between peers, but really I just think its a bunch of bull and our teacher just wants to make our lives difficult. 

But yanno who cares what I think right?

"Hello Jungkook-shi! I'm ChangMi and if you need help with anything don't be afraid to let me know. I'd be happy to show you around." I blinked a few times at ChangMi. How is she always so friendly and happy like that? Isn't she weirded out by awkward eye contact? Am I just a weird alien or something?

"Ah thanks." Jungkooks short reply made me think he wasn't really interested in her offer at all. But it didn't look like ChangMi noticed, she was to busy making eyes at Jungkook. That girl goes through crushes like its nobody's business. Why last month she said she liked Changjo. And before that it was Peniel. I really don't get it. 

Now onto the other matter, the glare V was sending me made me extremely uncomfortable. What the hell did I do? It's not as if I wanted him in my room or anything. I don't even know him and I feel like our personalities would completely clash. We wouldn't get along at all. What did I do to deserve being glared at all quarter?

The teacher went straight into lecture so I thankfully didn't have to converse with either of the boys but it definitely didn't stop the glare. I nearly lost concentration twice during our pop quiz because his stare became so intense. It was almost hot, as if I was actually being burned. It felt like a burning gaze even though I wasn't actually getting burned.

You can't burn people with your eyes after all. I must have been imagining it!

"Is there a problem?" I asked not looking up from my notebook as I copied my lecture notes. TaeHyung seemed to immediately relax his gaze because I didn't feel the heat nearly as strong as it was before.

"Absolutely not." Ah so he's a fan of sarcasm huh? I'll have to keep a  little mental note of that. 

"So Jungkook-shi, where did you go to school before transfering here?" ChangMi smiled and fluttered her eye lashes a bit, anything to make him more likely to answer. I had to internally roll my eyes at her techniques. Its funny because even though they seem mediocre somehow they always end up working.

"It was a school in America. You wouldn't know of it." ChangMi looked fascinated. I giggled at her childish nature. I wasn't kidding when I said pretty much anything can excite her.

"Wahh! So you can like speak English and stuff?" Jungkook shrugged. Only a little bit, but she didn't really need to know that. The less she knew the better off things were anyway.

Lunch time rolled around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter