I Hate Humans

To Catch A Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I will never understand why my father insists we live on Earth. 

He's the King of Demons. He's the ruler and he doesn't even live in his own kingdom. I'll tell you what the minute I inherit the throne I'm definitely not staying in this godforsaken place. The people are so superficial and stupid and the environment is crappy at best. 

We don't even eat human food (Demons do  not need food to thrive. We do not feel hunger or the like). Yet we're going to eat dinner at a pesky humans house? How am I supposed to act like I enjoy the food when I think human food is the most disgusting food in the world. Really it doesn't taste good to me at all. My best friend Jungkook will also agree with me.

Speaking of Jungkook, I wonder where that boy is. I sent him to the Underworld days ago. It can't be that hard to give me an update on my girlfriend, right? I wish that I could see her, but my father says that if I want to rule someday I have to learn the ways of humans. Whatever that means.

He'll know if I sneak off to the underworld too.

I tried my hardest to get out of this dinner. Really I came up with every excuse in the book, but my father said Mrs. Bang or whoever she was expects all of us there and that I should be on my best behavior. Even make friends with her daughter.

Pft. The day I EVER and I mean EVER form a relationship of some type with a human is the day that Hell freezes over. And that day would never happen. Therefore I will never care for humans.

I hopped in the shower and quickly washed up. The one thing I still couldn't get used to on earth is the amount of dirt and grime that sticks to my skin by the end of the day. I have to shower at least twice a day. To me it seems that Earth brings me more misfortune than anything. I don't ever feel this way in the underworld.

Changing into a nice blue polo shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans, I slipped on my black vans and waited in the living room for my mother to arrive. I didn't have much else to do anyway and I might as well make this as quick and painless as possible. I want to get in, get out, and then never have to associate with a human ever again.

Well, ideally anyway.

I heard my mothers car pull into the driveway and waited for my father to emerge from his study. It was go time. I met my mother at the door and we walked on over to the neighbors home, my father close behind. My mother smoothed out my clothes and fixed my hair. I swatted her hands away and regretably knocked on the door. A few seconds later, the woman from before opened the door and let out a big smile!

"I just finished dinner. Come on in." My mother smiled and we all walked into the medium sized home. The inside looked typical enough. To me all humans homes look the same.

"SeulMi-ah! Come down our guests are here!" I saw the girl from earlier practically charge down the steps. She was wearing the same clothes as before except I noticed that she put her hair up. She was definitely a common human girl. She didn't really have any outstanding qualities about her. Just a plain old water sac with features.

"Hello!" She bowed to my parents and they returned the bow. Likewise, I will o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter