Friends?

Vixx Club

Kyungsoo felt someone tapping his cheek over and over. He slowly opened his eyes and looked around in a daze. Why was the swim captain Kai hovering over him and smiling?

" You must really love swimming like me to fall asleep next to the pool! Good luck in try outs Kyungsoo. I can't wait to see how the swimming champion does."

Kai gave him one last smile before walking to the changing room. Kyungsoo felt like melting, his crush smiled at him and even touched his face.

He heard someone sipping a drink really close to his ear.

" Hmmmm.....so that was your crush?"

Kyungsoo turned around and saw Hyuk drinking apple juice looking bored like usual.

" Hyukkie, why was I sleeping near the pool?!?!?!" Everyone around them were stretching and getting ready for try outs expect for vixx club who occupied all the chairs around the pool and were booing everyone who walked by them.

" Well after you started drowing we saw something that was amazing so we just left you be and when we came back you were sleeping."

" You let me drown?!?!"

Hyuk nodded. " You'll see, you have more talent than you think kyungsoo. Have faith in the vixx club. Just follow everyone else and stretch for now. And make sure you show off your cute to that crush of yours while you stretch."

Hyuk patted his head and went to join his friends in their favorite game of public bullying. Kyungsoo nodded and listened to his new friends advice and walked over to where Kai was setting up things for the try outs and bent down lifitng his in the air towards the other. He felt his face get super red and hot, realizing this was a stupid idea he quickly stood up and slipped on the water on the floor, falling into someone's arms.

He heard a chuckle. " You have a unique way of stretching. Will you teach me your technique?" Kai has such a serious expression, Kyungsoo almost felt bad for lying to him. He slowly nodded and Kai grinned helping him stand back up.

He spent the next 15 mins staring at Kai's pretending to teach him how to stretch. He could hear the teasing from the vixx club in the background and shook his head. They reallly are the best club ever.

 


Kyungsoo watched as the other students took turns in swimming to show off their moves to the coaches with Kai watching on the side. He fiddled with his fingers, his turn was coming up next and he still doens't know how to swim. He felt a head on his shoulders and gasp seeing that it was Ken.

" K-Ken?"

" Sorry for pushing you into the pool. I get crazy jealous sometimes."

Kyungsoo smiled and shook his head.

" Its cool. Hyuk is a wonderful person even if he's a little.....weird. You must really like him."

" Yeah I do." They both silently turned to watch Hyuk who was using Ravi as a human shield to avoid getting splashed.

Kyungsoo turned around and held out his hand to Ken.

" Friends?"

Ken grabbed the hand and grinned. " Friends."

Before Kyungsoo could say anything else, he heard the coach call his name. He sighed, feeling nervous and stupid.

" Well looks like its my time to embarass myself in front of Kai."

Ken chuckled. " What have we been tellilng you this whole time Kyungsoo? Vixx club will make all your dreams come true."

Kyungsoo wanted to ask how they were planning on helping him when its too late, he finally noticed the bat behind Ken's back.

" K-ken?....what are you planning on doing with that bat?!?!?!"

Ken chuckled and lightly tapped the other's head with the bat, knocking him out.

" We're gonna get your dream guy for you." Ken dragged Kyungsoo to the edge of the pool and when he heard the whistle he pushed Kyungsoo into the pool. The other members ran to the edge and cheered. They miracle they saw last night was happening again.


Kyungsoo could hear his name being cheered over and over while someone was tapping his cheeks again. He opened his eyes and met with yet again his crushing beaming at him.

" Damn Kyungsoo, when you said you were a swimmng champion i thought you were lying but wow, you're really good. Welcome to the team.....and ummm w-wanna grab some lunch after this?" Kai blushed and looked away a little shy.

Kyungsoo was still in a daze and just nodded his head. Kai smiled and ran back to watch the other try outs, looking back once with a shy smile. He stood up and wobbled to where his friends where sitting. They were clapping and hugging him.

" H-how did I make the team?" He was so confused.

" Last night when you passed out and started drowning, your body started swimming on its own and you were like a fish. You swam from one side of the pool to the other in like 30 seconeds. It was amazing. We weren't sure it was gonna work today or not but we decided to take the risk. We're happy for you Kyungsoo. You should have seen the way Kai was drooling over you when you were swimming."

Hakyeon yelled group hug and everyone squeezed Kyungsoo with all their might. Kyungsoo felt tears in his eyes and hugged them all back. He made 6 new friends and even maybe a boyfriend.It was all thanks to the one day he stumbled on a certain club that makes your dreams come true.