Chapter 5

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackson stared up at his ceiling. It was a safe to assume that he didn't get a wink of sleep last night. The whole time he was busy dealing the dejected feeling from having his pack shun him.

When they got back, they all just kicked their shoes off and went to their rooms without even glancing back at him. Even Mark and Youngjae just brushed past him like he didn't exist.

But Jaebum had pulled him aside and talked to him again. And honestly, Jackson didn't know which was worse.

"I just can't wrap my head around why." Jaebum said as he led Jackson into the kitchen.

"I don't know man. It's the full moon."

Jaebum frowned and shook his head, "See, that's what I don't get. You've dealt with full moons ever since you were 16, you never used another woman to deal with it. And a human at that. You hate humans."

Jackson looked away. He had no answer when he didn't know himself. Jaebum saw the crease in his brows, and sighed.

"I know I'm going to regret asking you this, but did you…like it?"

Jackson jerked his head up, "Excuse me?" He balked.

Jaebum sighed, not enjoying this either, "Did you like kissing her?"

Jackson stared off over Jaebum's shoulder and thought about the way he felt like he was having an out of body experience when he kissed her.

How it felt like golden fireflies were floating around his head. He felt dizzying and addicted.

And he always felt like he needed more.

From her.

"No. I didn't. I hated it." He said as he turned a steady eye at Jaebum.

It was one night. One night where he was just over stimulated with the people and the music and the full moon.

It was a mistake and he never wanted to see her again because he would only get angry.

He wished he never went.

It was one night that he had regretted the minute he first saw her.

Jaebum stared into his eyes before looking away. It was hard being the Alpha, but it was harder to be the Prince.

"I'm sorry." Jackson mumbled softly.

Jaebum sent him a look before walking away. "Actions speak miles."

It hurt.

They were his pack, and it broke a part of him when they acted like he was invisible. They were as good as his blood brothers and the fact that they'd look at him with disdain hurt more than any spar session he'd ever had.

He disappointed them.

He felt lost.

A growl left his lips.

It was because of that woman.

He couldn't believe, that even for a second, that he softened on humans.

They did nothing but cause more problems. If he didn't see that woman, he wouldn't have reacted so unnaturally and he wouldn't have been on the offense with his pack mates.

He held his pack above everything and everyone. He was furious at himself for acting so recklessly and at her for ruining everything for him.

Humans were useless and troublesome. He couldn't think of a species more selfish and weak than them.

If he saw her again, he'd probably rip out. If it wasn't for her, none of this would've of happened. He would've still been on good terms with his pack.

He would've been happy.

But she took that away from him.

She was probably sleeping in her room, content, completely unaware that she destroyed his relationship with his pack.

He could still taste her on his lips and his heart was reacting strangely, but if anything, it made him angrier.

Why did I kiss her? Why would I do that?

Hate was a strong word, but he'd probably still use it to describe how he felt towards the stranger.

He hated her and he didn't even know her.

Jackson suddenly sat up in his bed with a start. He tilted his head in the air and sniffed. He recognized the scent that was wafted through the house.

He threw off his covers and ran to the stairs, he jumped down them until he was greeted by three familiar faces.

"Ma? Pa? Mason? What are you doing here?"

Jackson's parents smiled warmly as they stood in the foyer.

James Wang.

His father was the last prince of the wolves. His eyes shone a bright royal blue. He was the wolves' most respected and honoured prince.

James was the reason that Jackson was the man he was to that day. He taught him what it meant to be a prince, what it was like to be a leader in a different sense.

He raised Jackson with love but helped him fight and grow into one of the strongest fighters.

He was the reason why people expected so much of Jackson.

He was also the reason why the elders didn't understand why Jackson didn't want to mate.

Not when his father found the most perfect one.

Alison Wang.

She was rumoured to be the most beautiful wolf in all of the White Fang.

With her long blondish brown hair, slim figure, enviable features and striking red eyes, every female wolf wished to be her.

She was the epitome of elegance and grace.

She coddled Jackson when he was a baby, fussing over him, never letting him out of her sight. She would be the one that would bark at his dad when they fought a little too hard or went hunting for too long.

She was also the one that helped Jackson control his powers.

Mason Lee.

He was the eldest wolf of the White Fang. With decades of wisdom, knowledge and power, he was the one that even the strongest Alpha's would go to. He had the respect of every wolf in every district and had powers of foreshadowing that never failed.

His skin was tan and aged creases defined his time on this planet. His long white hair was tied in a braid as he stood with his parents.

"My son! I missed you so much! Japan isn't fun without you!" Alison exclaimed as she smothered her little prince in her arms. Jackson chuckled and hugged his mother back, basking in the nostalgic smell of roses. His father smiled and stepped up to him, ruffling his hair like he would when he was just a pup.

He forgot how much he missed his parents.

"You've grown well. I saw the dents in the side of the cabin. I see you've been giving Youngjae a run for his money."

Jackson snorted, "He didn't stand a chance."

"That's my boy." James said proudly.

The rest of the pack ventured down the stairs to see what the voices were about. When they saw the three elders, they raced down to greet them properly.

"How's the alpha, these punks giving you a break?" James said as he patted Jaebum on the back. The pack chatted politely with his parents. They didn't get to see their own that often, so Jackson gave them all a moment to catch up.

"Don't fight." Mason said gruffly as he slid up to Jackson.

The prince blinked at the elder, "What do you mean?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter