Chapter 54

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackson watched Areum hobble across the living room.

After an overly emotional reunion with the boys, Jackson had taken Areum back to her house and she had been getting used to moving around, bending over and eating. Anything that involved her stomach, really.

"You look like a penguin." Jackson snorted as Areum tried walking to the kitchen.

She shot him a glare, "The stitches still feel uncomfortable."

"Then why do you insist on walking around everywhere?"

"I need to get used to them sooner or later." She snapped.

"Alright, come here." Jackson said as he walked over to her.

Areum held her hands out to stop him, "No. I can do this myself."

She took a step before wincing. Her shoulders sagged as she turned to him, "Never mind, I take it back. Help me."

Jackson snorted and walked over to her and waited. Areum slowly slid her hands over his shoulders before he bent down and lifted her up.

Ever since Mino sneaking into her room, Areum had grown a complex. She would only accept skin ship if she initiated it first. Jackson was careful not to let himself get carried away and kiss her or surprise her with a touch.

It did a number on his self control, but it was worth it for her.

Jackson held her softly and walked her into the kitchen before setting her down on the counter. He braced his hands on either side of her body and tilted his head up at her.

"So what did you want from the kitchen?"

Areum grinned smugly, "Nothing. I just wanted you to feel bad for me and offer to carry me."

Jackson scoffed and curled his fingers into the table top. He wanted to touch her so badly. He wanted to slip his hand around her waist and kiss her.

But he couldn't do that to her.

He was lucky that she had even let him sleep on the same bed as her, even if she'd wake up every hour to make sure it was him who was snuggled up next to her and not someone else.

"If you just wanted me to carry you, you could've just asked."

Areum lifted her hand and touched his nose, "I just wanted you to offer."

"I'd offer to carry you around for the rest of your life, if you want."

Areum laughed, "That's disgustingly cheesy."

"I blame you." He snorted.

She blushed when Jackson's eyes started to glow and carefully put her hands on his shoulders and pulled him towards her. She tilted her head up and slowly pressed her lips against his.

Jackson's fingers dug into the counter, but he remained timid, letting her lead. She opened , just enough to coax his tongue in. Jackson let out a small sigh, was so warm and soft but just as he sunk into her, she pulled away.

His eyes opened up to see her staring at him, "You can…you can hold me if you want. You can touch me. I know you won't hurt me."

Jackson let out a stuttered breath and kept their eyes locked, "Are you sure?"

She leaned closer so that her lips were an inch away and look up into his eyes, "I'm sure."

Areum closed the gap between them, taking the initiative to slip her tongue into his mouth, making him grow weak in the knees. Jackson hands slow declawed from the counter and clamped onto her waist.

He stepped closer to her, pulling her closer to the edge of the counter as he kissed her slightly harder.

He wanted to kiss up her neck. He wanted to make her writhe under his mouth. He wanted to mark her.

But it was too soon.

He slowly pulled away from her and kissed her on the nose. "I love you."

Areum shivered before pressing her face into his neck, "I love you too."

"Are you being shy?" Jackson snorted.

Areum whined and punched his shoulder, "Stooopp."

", you're adorable." He whispered into her hair.

Areum hid her smile and felt her whole body buzz. She slipped her arms around his waist and hugged him.

This was getting almost unbearable.

-----

"That's great. That's ing great. You're a wolf. You and your friends are wolves." Yoomi balked as Areum and Jackson sat across from the recently broken up couple. "This whole time, you lied to us, acting like normal guys when you're really supernatural…beings."

Jackson cleared his throat, "Uhh…yeah."

He had shifted into his wolf form in order to finally convince them of the truth. Yang scoffed and threw his hands in the air.

"This is a ing Disney movie. Next you're going to tell us that there are human rabbits."

Jackson winced causing Yang to groan, "Seriously? Are you kidding me?"

"In their defence, the wererabbits are a pretty rare species."

Yoomi crossed her arms with a fatal glare, "Brilliant. I feel like an idiot."

Areum bit her lip, "But you see, it wasn't Yoomi at the school, it was Mino using his powers to make her do it. That's why she couldn't remember it."

Both of them sighed before Yang looked at Yoomi from the side of his eye, ", I'm sorry. I should've believed you."

Yoomi let out a snort, "Yeah, but why believe me when you can just jump to conclusions and assume the worst?"

Areum's eyes widened and she glanced over at Jackson who looked uncomfortable with the exchange. When she caught his eye she nodded to door.

Jackson got her message and they slowly slid out of their chairs and started moving out of the living room.

"Jumping to conclusions? Was I supposed to just assume that some mythical half human-half and half feline creature was controlling your mind? Why on earth would that be the first thought that would cross my mind?" Yang shot back.

"'I guess once a bully, always a bully,' isn't that what you said to me? Some boyfriend you are. Oh, I'm sorry, ex-boyfriend." Yoomi growled.

Areum stuck her hand out and Jackson slowly linked their fingers as they retreated from the room and snuck out to the backyard.

The minute the door closed behind them, Areum let out a breath, "I thought I was going to pass out."

"They'll be okay…right?" Jackson asked while glancing back at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter