Chapter 1

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jackson Wang sped through the forest on all fours, moving like a blackened bullet through the trees. The rest of his pack, Got7, were close behind, but Jackson still moved the fastest.

"Slow down, your highness. Us simpletons need to catch up."

Jackson snarled at Mark's sarcasm, thunder crackling above them and lighting splitting the sky, and put more power in his leaps. Got7 was known as the 'royal pack' among the wolves around the world but more prominently in the district of the White Fang.

Districts were sectioned off, secluded areas where were-creatures could reside comfortably while still being in the vicinity of humans. Werewolves were the only supernatural creature who chose to live so close to humans while others lived in areas that were untouched .

When were-creatures shift back into human form they keep a distinct feature of their fauna even after they shift. That was the main reason that most were-creatures would stay away from humans, their features were too obvious to hide.

Some keep their tails.

Some keep their whiskers.

Some keep their ears.

Werewolves keep their eyes, but after centuries of living among humans, werewolves had adapted to being able to adjust their eye colour to change between their wolf colour and their human colour.

However in the presences of raw emotion, no matter how hard a wolf tried, their wolf colour will flash brightly. Their eyes were like a more powerful mood ring.

Jackson weaved through the trees and headed straight for their cabin which stood exactly on the dividing line between the White Fang and Seoul.

The prince was at it again.

Ever since the dawn of were-creatures, there was always one individual who shone brighter than the rest.

The royal one.

This was a creature with supernatural powers, who's abilities were far superior and far stronger than the average beast. They looked normal, but when it came down to combat, no pack wanted to fight a pack that held royal blood.

It would be a death wish.

The Wang's bloodline, held that blood, making Jackson the werewolf prince of the new era.

When Jackson saw the cabin appear he leaped up and landed gracefully on the porch, waiting for the rest of his pack to catch up.

The sky continued to thunder angrily, but no raindrops fell even as the night overhead slowly painted into a dark grey.

"Oh, you can't be that mad, Jackson. This isn't the first time that the elders pestered you about finding your mate."

Jinyoung linked in Jackson's mind as the brown and white wolf trotted to the house. The tall, all black wolf, huffed in reply, his purple eyes flashing brightly as another loud clap of thunder shattered the sky.

"You guys KNOW how I feel about that and now they're giving me a deadline too!"

"They just want to make sure the bloodline is secured for another heir."  The alpha, Jaebum, linked  wisely as he calmly shifted back  into his human form.

Soon all 7 of them followed suit and stood up, dressed only in their sweatpants and dangling collars.

" the bloodline. Have you seen the way these wolves act around their mates? Absolutely pathetic. It's not like the elders can take away my title. I'll still have royal blood and the powers so the deadline means nothing." Jackson sneered when the clouds above them darkened irritably to match the look on his face.

"Which reminds me, can you stop with the thunder already? You're scaring BamBam." Jinyoung said as he put his arm around the younger boy.

Jackson rolled his eyes and took a deep breath to concentrate. The clouds slowly started to part revealing the dark, navy blue sky. The thunder quieted down and the moon shined softly emitting a soft glow .

That was Jackson's primary ability.

Weather.

He was able to control any and all types of weather on his whim. He could make it snow in July or make flowers bloom in December. He could whip up a tornado in the palm of his hand or create a small raincloud to literally follow someone around for the rest of their life.

Safe to say Youngjae was not happy with that prank.

Jackson controlled it all, but his powers were also connected to his emotions so if he didn't focus, the weather would reflect the emotions he felt.

When the sky was calm, he opened his eyes and looked over at his pack, "Some of the most terrifying wolves I know act like fools around their girls." He entered the cabin lazily, in search for a t-shirt.

"Well yeah, it's cause they're in love. Love changes people." Yugyeom said softly with a smile.

Jackson stared at Yugyeom with an unimpressed look before snorting, "I'd rather get caught by a hunter than turn puppy whipped for a 'mate.'"

"Don't joke about that." Mark's face turned serious as he tossed Jackson a shirt. Everyone gathered in the living room, properly dressed.

Jinyoung came down the stairs while piggybacking BamBam and sighed, "You're going to mate eventually, Jackson. If you don't find her, she'll just find you. It's destiny, nothing can stop it."

Youngjae fell back o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter