84. Valentines?

The Blood Brother Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyosocute made a gorgeous trailer for TBBC and I wanted to share it with you all.

You can watch it here.

 

The chocolate Minseok gave Semi the following morning was a bit of a life saver, as far as she was concerned.  He’d slipped the box into her hands as Jongin came to pick her up, and the production of it when Seulgi asked if her husband had anything romantic planned for the evening – Tao kept insisting that “steamy” was a better adjective – soon diverted their attention, and thankfully saved them all from Wendy’s scowls and hisses of: “Guys!  You’re being so insensitive!”

Instead, they each tried to steal a piece – Jongin nicked two – and Tao expressed serious disappointment that none of them were shaped like hearts.

“It would be weird if we were eating Semi’s chocolate hearts, though,” Seulgi pointed out around a mouthful.  “Chocolate musical notes doesn’t make me feel like we’re cheating on her or something.”

Tao tilted his head thoughtfully to one side.  “Yeah, chocolate hearts would make it kind of uous for Jongin, wouldn’t it?”

Jongin snorted and planted a loud kiss on the side of Tao’s head, causing the boy to shriek and squirm away.

“There.  Now you’ve had an affair with my brother too,” he announced.  “And by the way, we’re late.”

 

It was a very relaxed day.  Tao and Jongin spent a lot of the classes snickering over something that the others couldn’t quite make out, and so the girls eventually resorted to getting Wendy to touch up their nails, and then to chatting about the various obvious couples and who had approached whom with chocolate.

“Minseok got it the wrong way round,” Seulgi said as she ate one of the last of Semi’s chocolates.  “You’re supposed to be the one giving them to him and he’s supposed to be doing it next week.”

“We’re doing it the western way,” Semi mumbled, lying back on the grass of the small courtyard outside the cafeteria.  It wasn’t exactly warm, but there was no longer snow, and in any case, she was wearing her new red coat and a scarf.

Wendy threw her an inquisitive look, as if to ask whether she genuinely had given Minseok chocolates or something, and Semi scrunched her nose up in reply.  Wendy looked somewhat relieved.  And then alarmed.

“He’s hitting on you?” she demanded.

“Wendy, he’s her husband,” Seulgi murmured sleepily.  “He’s allowed to hit on her.  Especially when his chocolate is this good.”

“It’s fine,” Semi replied, and then again, when Wendy opened to object, “really, it’s fine.”

Wendy backed down a bit, looking nervously between Semi and Seulgi.  She her lips before carefully voicing her next question.  “What would he do if you rejected him?” she asked as light-heartedly as she could.

“Like she’d do that.”  Seulgi hit Wendy lightly.  “They’re married for a reason.”

Trying not to grimace at the irony, Semi gave a shrug, because it was all she could really do with Seulgi there.  Wendy had a valid point, though.  Xiumin had said that being rejected was something that he was prepared to take and that it wouldn’t change how he would view her or act towards her, but at the same time, she was pretty sure it wasn’t going to be fun to be around somebody you really liked when they knew that and were constantly shoving you away.  In fact, what was worse – being actively shoved away, or being friendly?

She was still wondering about it as Jongin accompanied her in the metro, and she ended up asking his opinion.

“Just go with what you’re comfortable with,” he decided eventually.  “I actually think he looks pretty happy just being near you and isn’t really bothered about anything else.  He could barely take his eyes off you during dinner yesterday.  Lay noticed it too.”

“He was looking at my nails.”  Semi flashed her hand at Jongin.

“Very pretty.  He actually spent more time looking at your face.”

Semi could feel herself flushing deeply.  Tucking her chin into her scarf, she tried to hide her reddening cheeks.  With a knowing smile, Jongin turned his attention to his phone, which had just pinged with several new notifications.  They continued on in silence as he checked through them, muttering to himself about disorganisation.

They had reached the street that intersected with the one Semi lived on when Jongin abruptly stopped short, chewing on his lip.  Semi turned, raising an inquisitive eyebrow.

“Junhong’s been seen,” Jongin told her without even bothering trying to hide it.  “Kyungsoo wants me to go find him if I can because I’m the nearest.  Are you okay getting back by yourself?”

Semi pointed to the turning she needed to take.  “It’s not far.”

“You’ve got your mace, right?”

Wordlessly, Semi reached into her bag for the can she’d so far never had to use.  Jongin gave her a quick thumbs up and started off, shooting a hasty “see you tomorrow!” back over his shoulder.

 

Absolutely nothing happened on the way back to the apartment, which almost made Semi snort at how overprotective some of the people she knew could be, but then again, she didn’t have the training Jongin did or the experience Xiumin had accumulated, so she had no idea whether or not she was being watched or followed.  But Xiumin had said that he’d ask Lay or Luhan to get rid of the watcher.  That meant the watcher was probably gone.  And hopefully hadn’t yet been replaced.

Hanging her keys on the hook by the door when she got in, Semi kicked off her shoes and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter