Hiding And Just One Date

The Art Of Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

056

 

You are sitting on your desk, waiting for a specific girl to enter the room. Kris makes a face. “Are you looking for someone?” he asks, leaving his desk to sit on top of yours and block the view of the door.

You send him a small glare, “I can’t see.”

      “That’s the point. Who are you looking for, babe?”

You huff, “Well, babe, if you want to know that badly, I’m waiting for Eunsul.”

Kris frowns, “Why?”

      “Because,” you blush. You don’t want to tell Kris why because he’ll joke about it. A day ago, you found her Christmas gift under your bed, having completely forgotten about it. You expected something cute and overly cheesy from the girl but instead you were flustered to find out that the little trouble maker had given you a pair of black lace with a matching bra. It wouldn’t have surprised you as much if it wasn’t for the letter you found with it, saying, “From me, to you, for Kris!” and a small little heart at the end.

      “Because?” Kris smiles, amused. You shrug your shoulders. He makes a face. “You’re suspicious, Hana. What are you hiding?”

      “If I tell you, you’ll tease me.”

      “What? Why?”

       “Because I know you and I know you will.”

Kris sends you a challenging glare. “Try me.”

You stare at him for a minute. It’s not a big deal. At all, you telling him is nothing; however, you love making Kris doubt everything. You love making him think. It entertains you. He looks so into it, too. As if anything you do, will make him excited. Which is funny because it is kind of true. He gives big reactions to small situations as long as it is you that is telling them. For example, you told him you painted your nails during New Years and he wrote you a note that night, sliding it over the dining table during dinner, telling you that the color you painted your nails with reminded him of the color of your cheeks when you blush.

You had blushed harder that moment and he had smiled his stupid gummy smile and said, “That’s the color!”

You kissed him breathless in the bathroom that night when you were supposed to be brushing your teeth before going to bed. He deserved it, you figured.

You shrug, “Fine.” You cross your arms, leaning back against your chair, “Eunsul gave me lingerie.”

Kris’ eyebrows shoot up in interest and you’re surprised there is no immediate teasing. “What kind of lingerie?”

“Lace.”

He gasps, holding a hand to his chest.

“Black lace.”

Another gasp.

“The are actually a thong.”

A louder gasp.

You smirk. Kris ends the act of being surprised and instead he laughs, leaning in to peck you in the cheek, which makes you hold in a giggle. This is the first time he has kissed you in public. Even if there is barely anyone in the classroom. There’s only three people and they’re not even looking. You regret waking up early just because it is a Monday.

      “Is that why you’re waiting for her? To give it back to her?” Kris asks, now sitting down on his own desk since the bell will ring in seven minutes.

You shrug, “I’m not sure. I was just hoping to question her about it.”

Kris smiles, “So you’re planning on keeping the underwear?”

You grin, staring at him with mischief. “You see, Yifan, I was gonna give it back because it is not something I usually wear but….”

      “But?” Kris raises a perfectly thick brow.

      “But, I tried it on and let’s just say, I don’t look so bad.”

Kris is once again interested. “Will I be able to see you in this garment?”

“Maybe in the future,” you say, putting on a thoughtful face. Kris smiles, like a child. “Good enough! I shall wait!”

 

*****

 

You hunt down Eunsul as soon as you enter the classroom. She’s smiling like a cat after a good meal. You’re just gonna thank her about the gift and maybe a little, call her a ert maybe, but then you get distracted in asking her why she looks so happy and pleased.

      “I’m glad you liked it. Use it wisely.”

You frown as you follow her to her seat, which is still in between you and Kris. The bell is about to ring, with all students rushing in.

      “Why are you so happy?”

      “Why aren’t you?” Eunsul asks.

You frown deeper. “It’s Monday and the senior trip was cancelled. There’s nothing to look forward to. Also, the college entrance exams are coming up and we need to start picking universities. I’m dying of anxiety. I don’t understand why someone would be happy.”

She groans, “You’re a party pooper. Anyway, I’m happy because one, I just gave Yixing a good time in the janitor’s closet and two, there’s a university convention next month.”

You ignore the part about the janitor’s closet and focus on the university part. “You’re excited about universities?”

     “Yes, ma’am. I’m gonna go look into any art programs or social studies programs.”

You smile, “Interesting. Can I come with you?”

      “Sure,” she smiles, “maybe you find a school that interests you.”

You shrug, “maybe.” You turn to Kris and poke him on the cheek. You can’t believe he’s already napping on the table. “Hey, loser, you wanna come to a university convention?”

      “A what?” he groans, trying to get sleep off his eyes.

       “It’s like a small event where different universities set up stations so you can get information about them. Students from those universities answer the questions you have for them and try to convince you to go to their school.”

      “Sounds boring.” He yawns, “Hana, I’m not even going to go to university here so it’s pointless. I’m going to study in China, remember?” He smiles and raises a hand to rub your head, messing up your hair, but you don’t really care. After he ruffles your hair with affection, he lays his head on his desk and continues his nap. Your heart is beating like crazy, but not because of him touching you (which is the usual reason) but because of the words he just said to you.

You look back at Eunsul and she looks just as surprised as you. Kris is going back to china?

She opens to say something but the bell rings and her lips close again. You smile at her for a second as if to confirm that you’re okay but she sends you a worried look as you sit down.

You don’t even see Chanyeol enter the room because you’re still thinking about Kris’ words.

 

*****

 

     “Luhan,” you call the boy who’s currently walking towards the cafeteria with Yixing. Said boy turns around at your voice until they’re both coming to a halt.

     “Hey, Hana,” Yixing smiles at you. As always, the boy is kind and welcoming. “How are you?”

You smile at him, “I’m great, Yixing. Thanks for asking. Do you mind if I speak to Luhan in private?” You turn to look at Luhan and the boy raises an eyebrow, obviously surprised. Yixing shrugs, “Not a problem. I’m going to go meet Eunsul.” He smiles at Luhan and then at you before leaving.

When he’s gone, Luhan looks at you with an amused expression. “What’s wrong? You look anxious.”

      “I am anxious!” you hiss at him.

Luhan frowns, “Why?”

You bite your bottom lip and slowly take his hand, pulling him to the side of the hallway to give space to the people passing by. Luhan gasps suddenly. “Oh my god! Are you gonna confess you’re undying love for me? You can’t do that! You’re dating my best friend, Hana!”

     “Oh my god, Luhan, shut up!”

The boy giggles, “Sorry! Couldn’t help it.” His smile falters when your face goes sour, “Unless…I am correct….Oh my god-”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter