Ramen And Groans

The Art Of Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  [This is the second update so please make sure you read the last chapter first. Don't get confuse!]     CHAPTER 023: Ramen And Groans   Kris is one of the people laughing the loudest in the bus. Soyeon, the girl he's with, starts telling him something that's not that funny, but he needs to pretend it is so she could be pleased.    She giggles cutely, laughs lightly and pretty.    He thinks of your loud and harsh manly laugh that sound like a bird screeching- not to mention that you snort like a pig, too.          "Tell me what's on your mind, Kris."    He looks down and meets Soyeon's eyes. She looks attractive.         "I'm wondering if we should go on a date," he says. Lies. But smooth. He was thinking about your annoying laugh and the way you snort.    Soyeon giggles again and adds to her answer a small shrug, "We should."    Kris smiles. "Okay, let's go on a date then."           "My house," Soyeon adds.    He nods and they stay close because she apparently really likes his hand. Kris knows by the way she plays with his fingers and holds it tight.          "Hey, Kris?"   He hums a response and holds onto the handles of the bus when it abruptly stops.         "Who was that girl at the stop with you earlier?" She asks, leans away for a moment, "I thought she could be family but you guys look nothing a like."    Kris grins, "She's a friend- a family friend? Its hard to describe."         "Oh," She steps forward again, as if to tell Kris a secret, "you do know who she is, right?"    He frowns because he has a feeling he knows where this is going. Whenever Hana is brought up, rumors and theories followed. And they bother him.    And it seems he was right.         "Her name is Hana," Soyeon says, "since you're friends, you obviously knew that, but she's more than meets the eye, trust me. She's fake and rude, too. That's what I've heard," she leans back and switches arms to hold onto the handle, "She's top student in our school, but people say it's because she cheats."    Kris stares. He kind of doesn't like Soyeon as much now.         "They call her Ice princess cause she ignores everyone and thinks she's so pretty and sophisticated," she sighs, "I heard she even slept with Chanyeol."    That's when Kris snaps.         "She didn't sleep with him," He says a little too loud, then clears his throat when Soyeon frowns at him, "They were just friends. And you shouldn't believe the rumors they say in school. Hana's an idiot."   Soyeon shrugs, "I guess you're right. It's not like I know her personality anyways- neither do I care."    Kris opens his mouth to speak but Soyeon clasps, "Oh! We're here! My house is close by!"    He shuts his mouth and follows behind her and off the bus. It's quite the tough job because the bus is crowded, too.    As they're walking towards where Soyeon says her house is, Kris realizes he forgot about you. He pauses, frowns and keeps walking, while the girl continues to tell him stories about her family. Even when he isn't listening.   He thinks that maybe you got in the bus but he couldn't see you. You're not dumb enough to get lost by yourself, you've lived here longer than he has. You take the bus as a normal routine, so he tells himself that you're fine.           "She's probably in the bus still, getting home," he thinks out loud.        "Who?"        "No one."    Maybe he should have told you that he was going over Soyeon's house.          ********************       It's awkward. Very awkward.    You kind of wish you hadn't said yes to his offer, but it's too late and here you are.         "This isn't the way towards my house," you point out after ten minutes, when the silence is too much for you to take.         "I know," Chanyeol shrugs.    You wait for a clearer explanation. But it seems like the boy doesn't plan on telling you until you pursuit the subject with questions.         "Then why?"         "I told you I was hungry," He keeps walking, hands inside his pockets, "We're gonna go eat something."          "But it's getting dark!" You hiss, pulling his sleeve to get him to listen.         "But we're here!" He pouts and you frown and look around. You two are still standing on the sidewalk of one of the busy streets of town. People are walking around you, stores are still open and the lights from inside and their advertisement signs illuminate the street.         "Where? There's no restaurant around here. Can you even afford food from a restaurant at this time?"   You're glaring at him, not enough to come of as rude but enough for him to know that you're annoyed.    And you expect him to be annoyed, too since you're complaining but all he does is show his big and creepy smile and put his hands up to signal to the convenience store next to you, "Ta dah!"    You give him a face, "Chanyeol."   He chuckles, "Can you please just stay and eat a cup of ramen with me? You know I don't like to eat alone. I'll buy you one too, if you'd like?"        "I have to go home."   You don't want to but at the same you do. You want to stay and spend time with him, but you also wish to leave to avoid trouble- either with your feelings or with Yuri.         "Please?" He begs, and his smile is small and hopeful. It makes your heart flutter and you want to grab his face and kiss him.        "Okay," you say, a little breathless because you adore him and you had forgotten for a day or two.        "Really?" Chanyeol jumps, "Yey! Let's go!" And he grabs your hand and pulls you into the store.          ************             "So how's your mom?"    You shrug, taking some ramen and letting it cool down, making sure it doesn't spill from your chopsticks.        "She's fine," you say, "Same old mom."    You're both sitting by the window, watching people pass by as you eat.    Some girls pass by and they stop and stare at Chanyeol- you obviously know why- before they keep walking. One of them has a huge red bow on her hair. It's ugly, you think.   Chanyeol twirls on his stool for a second, waiting for his ramen to cool, "What about your dad? When is he coming back from China?"    You look at him, stuffing some ramen into your mouth, your words muffled, "My dad came back from China two months ago..."    Chanyeol is a bit upset that so much probably happened in your life and he doesn't know it. You never told him. Or was it because he was never there?        "Oh," he mumbles and goes back to eating, "That's nice. I always wanted to meet him."         "He does too."          "Really? Maybe I should go meet him?"    You almost choke, "What? Why?"        "Because he wants to meet me and I want to meet him?" Chanyeol chuckles, "Unless, you don't want me to."    You put you hands up in defense, "No, it's just that there is no reason for you to meet him."         "I think otherwise. I'm your best friend."        "Was," you correct.    It doesn't take long for the atmosphere to turn thick again. You don't hear Chanyeol eating anymore. Just his regular breathing and the busy street.       "Was..." He whispers, "Right."    You shift on your seat, "Are you almost done eating?" And then try to stand up but Chanyeol grabs your arm. "Sit down," he says, serious, "Don't be rude."   You slowly sit down again, "I'm sorry." And you're uncomfortable.        "Why are you so awkward?" He says and puts his ramen aside to look at you, forgetting the hunger.        "Me?"        "Yes, you!" He groans, "Hana, I know you better than I know myself-"       "Not anymore," You say.   Chanyeol stops his words and sighs, eyebrows furrow, "You keep saying that- doesn't mean it's true." His hands are still against the table, his face serious.   You frown, "Oh really?"       "Yes!" Chanyeol yells, no one around but the cashier to shush him.       "What's my favorite number?" You ask. You stare and wait.   Chanyeol takes this as a challenge.         "Seven."        "Favorite color?"         "Black."         "Favorite animal?"          "Panda."        "Favorite artist?"          "If we're talking about painters then it's Salvador Dali. If we're talking about musicians, then you like every artist depending on the song but you have a soft spot for G.Soul."    You're angry that he's getting them right, "Favorite food!"        "Sushi And pizza!"        "Favorite cake?"        "Carrot cake! FYI- gross!"         "It's delicious!" You gasp.    Chanyeol smirks, "Admit it, I know everything about you. I know your strength and your weaknesses. I know you better than anybody else. You can't just pretend that I don't know you and that we weren't close. I am your best friend, Ice Princess."    The nickname makes your heart flutter and your stomach drop. Something about the way he says it the way he used to before makes you wanna hit him. Because it's not like before. You shouldn't hate the nickname when people call you it and love it when he says it. You shouldn't feel like punching him and embracing him at once.    You feel teary eyed, "No you're not."   Chanyeol's smirks disparages, "Why are you denying me?"        "Because I can," you say.         "What is your problem?" He says, looking straight into your eyes- expecting. He sees that your eyes are glossy.         "You're my problem!" You stand up, "I wanna go home."    You exit the store and Chanyeol follows you out into the night and busy street. You hate him and you love him and you hate it.         "Hey, wait up!" He says and tugs your bag to catch your attention. You walk slower but never halt.    He knows you're upset.        "Hana," he calls. You don't answer him, you keep walking faster, hoping he'll be left behind- but then again, no
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter