Bubble Gum And Idiots

The Art Of Jealousy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  CHAPTER 017: Bubble Gum And Idiots     Kris still doesn't know why you're mad at him. Even if your anger has sooth down to just hurt, you still feel compelled to give him a hard time. Lunch has been over for about an hour already and everyone is doing their own thing. Mr. Nam says he's coming back in a couple of minutes to explain more about himself and what he expects from the class this new school year.    Chanyeol is talking to Yuri and you decide to ignore them. Erase their existence from your head for a while. Kris is on his phone, checking his Instagram most likely, if you know him well. The boy seems to be very popular on social media and spends most of his time on the Internet, anyway.   Eunsul is chewing gum and trying to blow the biggest bubble gum known to men.    You eye her subtly. She wears a lot of eyeliner and it makes her look intimidating and scary. Plus, she wears a lot of black, you note. It seems like she manages to add the color on any piece of clothing over her uniform.         "Why are you staring at me?" She ask, not even facing you.   Your body jumps, "Sorry!" You say it in a low voice and she chuckles.       "Calm down, Supermodel," she says and faces you, "I was kidding."   She seems a lot nicer than what you give her credit for, but something tells you she knows how to use a gun or has some knife collection at home.         "So, are you mad at blondie?" She says to you and her head towards Kris, who still seems lost in his phone. He has a big smile on his face and keeps typing on his phone.    You wonder if he's texting that boy from China, the one he was skyping with that one time you entered his room to kill him for stealing your chocolate.       "Maybe," you say and send a glare at Kris, one he's obviously oblivious about.   Eunsul blows a bubble and then it pops, "Why?"   You wonder if you should tell her a little about the situation. You don't trust people and it's weird to inform her about your thoughts when you haven't known eachother for long, AND you met her at a school bathroom.   She rolls her eyes, "Are you skeptical about my trustworthiness? Because I am very trustworthy."   You chuckle, "A lot of people say that. Doesn't mean it's true."       "I'm not like other people," She says, "At least not in this school. People here seem to talk a lot of , you know?"   You frown, "I guess?"   Eunsul chews her gum slowly, "You wouldn't know. It seems like your oblivious to why they say what they say or what they think. You know what they're talking about but you don't know why they're talking about it."   You are listening to her attentively. It's almost like she knows about the way you feel. You always think that people hate you, but you don't know why they do. Your face shows your thoughts, it shows the moment you understand her words.    Eunsul catches your expression and she smiles, "See, I am right."   You stay quiet.       "You can trust me, kiddo," she says, "And if you don't, that's fine. I'm not forcing you. But it seems like you need a friend, no offense." She puts her hands up in exaggeration as if to make her point, "And even if I don't need a friend, I want one."        "And you picked me because..." You trail off.   Eunsul laughs, "Duh, you are the only cool and interesting person in this school. Everyone else seems so boring and stupid. I noticed the moment I walked in. They all start gossiping about other people. Especially the good looking ones, like you and Kris. And that tall guy with elf ears with the girlfriend."   Chanyeol, you think. She's talking about Chanyeol.         "People gossip about them?" You ask because the information sure gets to you.   Eunsul rolls her eyes, "Yes, supermodel. And you're also part of the gossips. I'm not sure why but people seem extremely interested on what you do. It's as if you have stalkers, no exaggeration. Your moves are being watched."   You stare at her with a frozen face. It's kind of a surprise to think that people know about you. It's this how it is, gossips. People make rumors and gossip about a clueless person and then that person gets affected for life. In this case, the person is you. Clueless and clumsy, Song Hana.       "How do you know this? You're new here, Eunsul."   Eunsul shrugs her shoulders and leans back, "I'm good at reading people. Besides, Nobody is stupid enough to NOT realize the stares people send your way or the whispers. You're a big deal, Hana."   You don't know what to say because there's something itching inside you to get out. Maybe a scream or a cry. You don't want to be talked about around school. You're shy and get anxious easily and the last thing you want is people gossiping about you. It's worst now that you actually know about it. Have you been clueless this whole time?   Eunsul chuckles at seeing your now paranoid face. "Calm down," she pats you on the back, "We don't know what they talk about. It's probably good things, trust me."   You calm down a little at her words. Why is your breathing uneven? why do you feel like crying?       "Are you okay?" Eunsul asks and she seems worried.    You nod your head, "
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter