♔ Attraction

✯ Realms of Layout ✯ Restoring Images :}
purplestone_zps0dae441a.png

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

 

Author's Notes

Thank you for reading.

Please leave some comments before you go.

Have a nice day :D

greydivider2_zpsc48dd4b2.png
greydivider_zps0ce56898.png

“Oh crap.” I squeezed my eyes and gritted my teeth. 

On the spur of the moment, a rush of cold air blew over me, causing the hair on the back of my neck stood up. My skin crawled as a weird sensation ran over me. Restlessly, my hand pressed the lift’s button, prayed earnestly that it would open on the next seconds.

"Why didn't it open already?" I gasped, purisng my lips. I was crazy - beyond crazy. Was this a dream? A nightmare? Then please, get me out of here. I want to wake up, I want to leave.

"Song Hyuna-ssi." "Hyuna yah,"

I closed my eyes and prayed. I won't open it, not until I die. No.

"Yah." The urge to open my eyes was greater than ever, but deep down I knew that I wouldn’t be able to deal with the aftermath. Moments later, an odd surge filled my chest; there was not a single sound to be heard.

"Song Hyuna-ssi, why are you closing your eyes?” My eyes flickered. It sounded like Madam King’s voice, so my frenzied heart calmed down a little. I opened my eyes, turned to the side where the voice came from. I gasped in big gulps of cold air that filled my lungs.

“Ow...wow! Yay!” I gasped in big gulps of cold air that filled my lungs. Every system in my body threatened to shut down as my eyes traveled up meeting with her smoky gazed. Her spine—chilling stare seemed to bore into the depths of my soul, trying to me in.

"Yo-You..." A little eek escaped my lips as I pressed my hand against it.

I felt like throwing up when I noticed her transparent feet, barely touching the floor. The white dress she wore was stained with blood and dirt. Something dripped off the floor and my brain was quick to register it as the liquid that leaked through the bottle at that time. The déjà vu smell sneaked into every pore in my body. Squeezing my lips hard, I tried not to scream, but the outburst in my chest just couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Argh!" There was no question that the thing I was wasn’t a human. I swallowed hard as my body ricocheted from the floor, twisted my body onto the back and I was on my feet instantly. My heart reared up like a startled horse on its mid-gallop. Oh God, did I really lose my mind? I rushed straight up front and ran for my life.

"Oh gawd...Oh gawd!" My steps halted as I already reached at the end of the hallway. "..." The images I saw beforehand kept flashing in my mind. Countless of queries popped out in my mind; my head throbbed painfully.

For one terrifying second, I somewhat knew that creature – It looks familiar to me. Shortly, an image snapped in front of my mind's eye and so, my step halted.

"Eunjung-ssi?"

My mind was distracted by the sudden realization. I wasn't sure why that name had to come out from my mouth but still, I e small step at a time, all the while keeping my gaze on the floor. Sweat soaked every piece of clothing on my body, like I was in some kind of race.

"Eu-Eunjung-ssi?"

To shed the fear that spreading through my veins, I raised my voice deliberately. Mentally, I was doing the counting – one, two...and three. With great determination, I managed to look up front and a breath of relief escaped via my lips. Not even a strain of hair was seen, there was nothing in there. I must have been a real psycho if even for a second; I thought that figure looked similar to Eunjung. I shook my head hard to ward off the uneasiness that seeped in. Next, I clutched at my bagpack and opened it in haste. My hands were still shaking from the aftershock. Perhaps after eating my medicine, things would get better. Perhaps everything was just my imagination.

“Not again.” I sighed dejectedly. How could it be not there? For sure, I had shoved it inside my bag this morning. My mind went blank. Series of unfortunate events plummeted on me, tormenting me severely. “When would everything end?” Slowly, the feeling started to kick in and thus closed my eyes, prayed that I would get a resolution sooner.

‘Tok.Tok.Tok.’

No.No.No.

After a several encounter, the nostalgic sounds inevitably remained in my head. I had no inkling of what about to happen as I stood there, struggled with every breath. Something just makes contact with the tip of my feet; I sort of get the vibe from it. Hesitantly, I glanced downward and my mouth gapped instantly. My eyes blinked away with tears as the terror crawled inside me.

The bottle.

I gulped and my mind was doing the countdown. One, two…and three. I let out a shaky breath and turned around wearily. The heart that had kept me alive until now felt as if it was pounding in my throat; every joint in my body weakened and with just one more, one more blow and it would split up.

“If you hadn’t found me I would have found you…” The breathless voice totally knocked me out of the comfort zone.

Gushes of blood rushed to the tip of my head as I confronted with the ghastly sight of the similar creature. “Oh gawd.Oh gawd. What was happening…why…” All muscles in my body clenched at once. Mindlessly, I shrieked in fear and began to sprint like life depended on it.

“Youuu…areee…mineee…” The hoarse, grumbled voice reverberated within the whole area. I kept running ahead, skipping through the flight of stairs and with one wrong move, I tripped over and collapsed backward.

“Ouch…” Pain impeded my next movement. If previously I couldn’t feel my legs, now the feel started to kick in, and the pain was awfully terrible. Briefly, everything went white and the malicious laugher rang in my eardrum.

“Oh God…help! Help!” Reflexively, I dragged myself up with one hand while the other one clutched at my sprained ankle; though it was deadly painful to move, there was no way I could just wait and get caught. The usual me would have already given up amid all this ruckus but no, not this time because there was a force in me kept pushing me forward – Survive. Survive. Survive.