♙ Momento

✯ Realms of Layout ✯ Restoring Images :}
L_zps465e5d07.png
o_zps46e62b8e.png
v_zps71a9e6ae.png
E_zps7c2db21f.png

Song: Ib OST

Title: Memory

CHAPTER XII : TRAPPED

A voice from the past, joining yours and mine.

Was it fate that brought us together and now leaves me behind?

Ever since that day, my heart hadn’t been able to feel at ease – I couldn't move on. Everywhere I went, there was this stuffiness in my chest, accompanying me. Normally, sedatives could be handful at times like this but contrarily, I keep having nightmares about something, or rather someone vaguely until it got to the point that I dread going to bed.

Eunjung had been missing in action for two weeks ever since our last encounter. I hoped school could’ve bring some resolution to all this but I felt utterly miserable when she even didn’t attend any of her regular classes; also, her cell phone was unreachable. If worse comes to the worst, I had actually planned to pay a visit to her house but the funny realization was, I didn’t know where she lived at. I felt incredibly defeated that there wasn’t anything about her that I knew for certain. And that alone would’ve picture me as what kind of a friend I was to Eunjung.

I was expecting that she would’ve come to our commonplace and so, from time to time, I would go there to wait for her. A knot grew in my stomach every time I laid there, under the vast blue skies but nothing felt the same anymore. The incident upon that day whirled in my head though it didn’t change the fact that she was no longer beside me, and the place that once belonged to her was now empty. It was me who ruined everything – Song Hyuna.

‘Eunjung ah. I missed you.’

The bird chirped on the nearby trees; water spurted from the fountain at the center; clouds serenade upon the big blue skies and I, pondered whether I was truly at fault. Throughout these years where I barely had any friends that stick around with me for more than three months, I had come to realize my ultimate flaw – apologies. Albeit sometimes I knew it was my fault but I never made the first attempt to do it. That was why I tended to be alone because once I got used of it, I wouldn’t have to mingle with others and fall into the dilemmas. But, everything started to change when a person goes by the name of Cha Eunjung walked into my life. She was the reason I have changed and because of her – my frosty heart learnt how to settle down – to feel.

‘Eunjung ah. I really, really, really missed you.’

I messed up real bad and I had nothing in hand to defend myself. But still, I was eager to let Eunjung know that the thing with Kai was an inevitable-turned-misunderstanding sort of happening. He was happened to be there just when I desperately in need of someone. Anyone in my shoes would've done the same shameless thing I did to Kai, though I had to also admit that there was indeed a part of me that selfishly desired for his attention, then again, under those uptight circumstances, I just couldn't help it – I was too afraid, confused and mentally unstable. I did learn a lesson from it– never skipped my anti-depressant medications ever again. Perhaps skipping it could been one the factors inviting all these myriad of problems.

“Excuse me, Song Hyuna-ssi?" Someone lightly tapped me over the shoulder while I was waiting for the lift to open. Startled, I pulled out one of the earphone from my ear and abruptly turned to the left.

"Ye-Yeah." I nodded politely. My eyes scanned her from head to toe."Madam King? I'm sorry that I couldn't recall you just now," I explained in a soft muffled voice. As I tucked the hair behind my ear, I bowed again.

Madam King was the landlord of the house that I was currently living at. I met her several times before when she came to my house during the first few days I moved inside this building. She kindly offered me any help that I needed of. She had this stony expression on her face whenever she talked to people but inwardly, she was a kind, gentle and considerate person one would ever meet in their lives. I wasn’t sure as why I couldn’t recognize her at first glance because she had this distinct feature with her that seemingly made her memorable to others. She imparted the vibes of a refined lady in her mid-forties, and albeit her skin was pale as porcelain, but she still looked effortlessly beautiful with it. As of today, she looked completely different from her usual appearances. Her hair had turned into a frizzy mess, she had lost some weight and more than that, she was wearing sleeveless pyjamas around during early morning. Maybe it was my imagination but from the last time I had seen her, she really did change a lot – both the appearances and the “feel” from it.

Author's Notes

Hello, enjoy this freebies. I've added music this time. Be sure to hear it out.

:D