♙ The Search

✯ Realms of Layout ✯ Restoring Images :}

CHAPTER 3 : Are You Alone?

search.png

Quotes of the day

"You can keep walking, or turn back, or take a different road"

- Elliot Nightray [Pandora Hearts] -

Song of the day

play-b.png

Artist : Evanescence ft. Paul McCoy

Song : Bring Me To Life

Author's Message

Hello, it's been a tiring day, isn't it? I know. I know. Just relax and enjoy the reading :) Thanks for stopping by.


8 PM, I reached home. Both mom and dad had already moved into their respective families so there was only me living in here.

“I’m deadly tired.” I twisted open the doorknob of my bedroom. Once I was inside, I threw aside everything that was on my body, left with only undergarments. Some said, sleeping half- was good for health but as for me, it was because of the unbearable heat inside this house. I just don’t know, the air conditioner was switched on but still, it was awfully hot in here.

I flopped onto the bed, my eyes scanning through the messiness in my room and a deep sigh escaped my lips. It was a total mess with unpacked boxes all around, clothes and books stacked on a corner. In the past, I wouldn’t have to clean my room or doing house chores since we have maid to get it all done. Mom offered to hire a maid to come over the house for house-keeping, chores and all, but I rejected it. Now that I think about it, I was such a fool.

“Nah, I’m gonna do it later...later,” In a flash, my eyes felt weighted down.

One second, Two seconds, ...and three seconds. I grunted as I brought my hands closer above my forehead.

“Why am I still awake?” I mumbled. Moments later, realization hit me. “Great. Insomnia, here we go again.” I groaned inwardly and rolled onto the other end of the bed, reaching for the table beside it. “Let’s see. Where did I put those sedatives?”

Insomnia wasn’t a new thing to me since I’ve been experiencing it for almost half a year now. I had a regular appointment with a psychiatrist, who claimed to be one of my mom’s best friend. It all started a few months ago when I overdosed myself with sedatives and was re-admitted to the hospital for several days, which snapped my parents out of their comfort zone because all the while they assumed that I was joking when I told them I couldn’t sleep – after the accident.

I outstretched my arms to aim for the first drawer. “Oh? It isn’t there?” My touch recognized the bottle by its shape but oddly, it wasn’t in there. I don’t remember putting it somewhere else, it always there – the nearest to my bed. I reached for the second drawer, inserting the same hand and rummaged through the drawer. And still, it was not there.

“Oh? What happened? Did mom...take it?” Something eerie sparked in me. The night swirled in my head and each part of me grew more alert and sensitive.

“Wh-What the?!” I sat up, turned sharply toward my right, fixing my sight at the transparent window up front. I thought I saw something move around there. Thank God, I didn’t catch anything weird, but the feelings didn’t go away. I pursed my lips and lightly tapped over my chest.

‘Tok.Tok.Tok.’

A rather familiar soft tapping sound originated from the window had knocked me out from my boundless thoughts. And so, the adrenaline rush dispersed all around my veins. My eyes prickled as I turned to the side where that sound came from.

“Uh? The bottle...”

Something surge inside my chest when I saw the bottle settled just beside the window edge. I tipped forward and narrowed my gaze upon it. “Why was it there?” My voice echoed within the spacious room, and every muscle in my body clenched. I blinked my eyes for a minute or so, inhaling a deep breath and holding it in for a second. That was creepily weird. I hoped I still kept a saner head at times like this, and for sure I didn’t say ‘Why was it there?’ loud enough for my voice to echo. I muttered under my breath for God sake! So, the million-dollar question was: where did that voice come from?