♔ Paper Crane

✯ Realms of Layout ✯ Restoring Images :}
BouncingBlueBall.gif

Chapter Two: Paper Crane

BouncingBlueBall.gif
blue2_zpsb03c1253.png

Every morning, I would make a paper crane while pictured you beside me. Every time I've looked at your favourite blue paper crane, breathlessly, my heart was also...stained blue.

Author's Notes

Dear readers, subscribers, upvoters,

Thank You For Reading.

Please dont't hesitate to leave some comments below.

Any comments are welcome.

Have a nice day everyone :)

credit mmp-stock's

play-4-xl.png
divider-blue.gif

“Eunjung ah, try calling me Cha Hyuna for once.” My heart trembled as I took a deep breath. Outwardly, I might have sounded playfully but inwardly, I was hoping that she would fall for it – once was enough – Cha Hyuna.

She cleared and puffed heavily. “You dummy, why you want to follow me? I was an orphan, you were not, so don’t simply suggest silly things like that.”

When I turned to her side, we stared into each other’s eyes. Hers were the darkest eyes I had ever seen, and that pair of eyes was looking at me, echoed with sentiment. Wordlessly, I leaned closer and snuggled my head in her elbow.

“In our house, there was this big family photo in the living room,” I spread my palms as to illustrate the size of that picture being mentioned. “Everyone was smiling beautifully in it. My dad, mom, and me,” I counted my fingers one after another and upon the third counts, a tear slid down my cheek. It was hard to look into her eyes but of all the miserable events happened in my life, the thing that bothered me the most was when she said do not follow her because she was an orphan.

She looked expectantly at me while I continued, “But when I was crying, they weren't there for me…” I dazedly looked at her, barely remembering how to breathe. “Maybe they didn't love me as much as their other children. Maybe if it was their other children, they would have hugged them, patted at their shoulders, smoothed their hair and cried along with them.”

I was feeling the nostalgic vibe out of it and my tears were streaming down seemingly endlessly. It was then she leaned closer and pulled me in for a hug, patting at my shoulder, smoothing my hair and cried along with me.

“Now…now, stop crying. Did you forget to eat your medicine again, uh?” She tried to fill the silence, slowly pulling away from me. “Song Hyuna, don’t cry.” Wariness printed all over her face and I was left speechless.

I liked it, when she called my name. There was a feel in it, like when you called someone that was dearly precious to you; like when you were holding in your breath while saying it because you were afraid that you might screw up with the tone and the person would get the wrong impression. Eunjung was there when I was on the verge of breaking apart; she remind by my side when I was mentally unstable, and that I needed to see Psychiatrist to cope with depression. Ever since the accident eight months ago, she was beside, behind or even in front of me – accompanying, supporting and guiding me ahead – assuring me again and again that life was beautiful and that I shouldn't have given up on them.

She frowned. “Hyuna yah, was there something wrong?” Her voice was soft-spoken and gentle. I tilted my head at her and hummed in response.

“Say, why do you like clouds so much?” I twined her fingers with mine, comparing who had the better skin and giggled. She ran her fingers over my hair and said, “Clouds were like marshmallow – fluffy and looked yummy. During rainy days, someone would bring it for me. That was why when I was still in the orphanage; out of habit, I would look at the clouds to anticipate for the rain. I remember being so excited whenever it rains. He would be there, with his cheesy umbrella and tons of marshmallows...”

“That someone was...Kai?” I looked up at her and she forced a sweet smile. “After all he had done to you, cheated you with other girls and even accepted me as his girlfriend, you still...have feelings for-for that bastard?” Oblivious to those around us, my voice rose up an octave.

“I loathed him enough to cut my veins...but, it only proved how vivid my feelings were. No matter how hard I tried, in the end, the love that I believed had rusted, scarred and yet every time I closed my eyes, he was there, wearing the same gentle smiles, as though my brain won't forget.”

From time to time, she would tell me their stories – about how they met, how she was drawn by him, and many more.

“Every time I think of him, my heart wavered again and again. Every day, I pictured him and recalled our moments together, like he still there, loved me, and every morning I would wait for him to come back, waiting unconditionally for him. I was so stupid in love, didn’t I?”

I could tell that Eunjung tried her hardest to control the tremor in her voice. I know how that feels when you were trying to hide your feeling and pretending you were okay. I reached atop of her and gave her a peck on her cheek. We were facing each other and I could feel the uprising beats beneath my chest. Without a word, I wrapped my arms around her upper body and lay beside her again.

“Eunjung ah, I would be 100 times better than him. I would travel all around the world to find the best match for you, I promised. If looking at the clouds reminded you of him, then I would be the tender skies that forever sheltered your existence.” She put her hands on the small of my back and her expression softened.

“This world where you and I live together, isn't it nicer?”

“So, to commemorate this moment…let’s take a picture together.” I suggested and fished out my cell phone. Every now and then, we used to take pictures together, but I got the feeling that this particular picture we took today was the best so far.

“One.Two…Three!” Snap.

“Uh, we came out really nice in this picture. See, you were smiling foolishly as usual. I was prettier as ever. I was going to keep this one! Beat...me!” Eunjung uttered with a smile that almost reached her eyes.

I angled my face at her and both of us were smiling to one another. Except that despite everything, there was this awful pain growing inside of me because strangest of all, it kind of hinted to me that, this could be our last.

“Yes, it is.”

I looked into the intensity of her icy brown eyes. The heartfelt moments that I've spent with this girl could never be enough. Time would come when I might not be there when she needed me; that I would be the first to give up when things get difficult between us. “In an everlasting bloom, I would always be your friend.” I smiled while reaching for her hands, and placed it beside my cheek.