♔ Sadness

✯ Realms of Layout ✯ Restoring Images :}
pinkbackground_zps6a79039d.jpg
pinkwave_zpsd84f499e.gif

Chapter One: Sadness

That our encounters could only be this ordinary, I should've realized it sooner.

Anime ▸ Naruto OST

 

Song ▸ Sadness

A slender young girl, who looked effortlessly attractive while just wearing a black loose shirt paired with navy blue denim jeans appeared at the entrance. She tucked her shoulder-length black hair behind the ear as she walked carefully ahead. She possessed an almond-like eyes, and an oval-shaped face. The moment she entered the gate, twirled of emotions spread inside Kayleen.

“Is she your friend?” Officer Tifa shifted her eyes to Seon. “No…” he answered absently. From the second she entered the gate, he wasn’t able to look away. There was something so familiar about that girl. He was certain that this wasn’t the first time he had looked into the intensity of those icy brown eyes.

“My name is Mio,” Mio wasn’t looking at anyone else aside from Kayleen. A stony-dull expression had warped her face since before. “You must be Kayleen Alice.” Mio stopped short in front of Kayleen. Coldness tinged in her voice.

Kayleen felt the rapid breathing of her own heart. The way Mio looked at her seemed to bore through her. Officer Tifa felt the tension built up between them. She gave Kayleen a firm grasp over her hand and continued to pat at the small of her back. Mio gave Kayleen a deep, and penetrating look. There was no hint of smile on her bare face. There wasn’t any warmth from her.

Kayleen got a strange vibe from Mio ever since she came; the pit in her stomach grew just by being near to her.

“I’ve been waiting for you.” she said tonelessly. Her eyes emitted a glint, vaguely indicate something. Officer Tifa held Kayleen firmly as she sensed her body tensed up. Officer Tifa wanted to issue a warning toward Mio but it didn’t happen as she wished. Mio clenched her fists. “The victim of the murder that you saw two years ago…was my sister.” she said sharply, and painfully clear.

In an instant, everyone was in dazed but no one had said a word. Kayleen staggered as though she had been slapped in the face. The world in front of her mind’s eye had turned darkly as Mio’s words sink inside her. The cruel memories upon that day whirled in her head. Everything flooded her at once. She couldn’t breathe, or rather, she refused to – the sudden feeling of nostalgic was almost as painful as before. She dug her nails to her hands and squeezed her lower lips. The package of marshmallows which gave by Officer Tifa earlier had dropped onto the ground. The marshmallows scattered all over the ground, causing Mio's eyes to widen in shock. Briefly, she almost lost her balance as her vision blurred; the sight of the marshmallows had stirred up her past. With every blink, her sister, Hana's images appeared in front of her mind's eye. She closed her eyes and refused to shed a tear. She inhaled deeply, then breathed out slowly, which had always worked to calm herself down. She swallowed the sadness as if it didn't affect her, and in no time, she was able to portray her usual cold attitude. It wasn't the least hard for Mio. Acting was her second nature ever since her sister's death.

“I’m sorry…” A note of sadness tinted Kayleen’s voice. Kayleen stepped closer, eyes were b with tears. “I-I…didn’t…know…” she clamped and moments later, a steady stream of tears dripping slowly down her cheek.

Two years ago, in the hospital, when Kayleen accidentally entered the dark room, she had witnessed a murder but she didn’t aware of it. For once, she never thought it was a murder. Her thoughts were filled with so many things that she wasn’t able to grasp a hold at the situation. And so, the awful pain growing inside her throughout this two years. The girl she saw, her face, her voice, her last gaze…it all lingered in her heart, vividly painful. But, there was more to it…A secret that she had never told anyone ever since that day, or rather, she couldn’t.

Seon's eyes darted between the two girls as he stood in the middle. "Kayleen Alice...and Mio..." he muttered under his breath, then his lips curved up for a smirk.

Author's Notes

Hey, how are you? It took me two days to re-edit "pilot" chapter, so I hoped it turned out pleasantly. There was alot of explanation inserted in this chap, and less interaction, I would say. Anyway, please leave me some comments below. Your opinions are preciously precious for me, as a writer.

Thank you for reading, and have a blessing day :)