♔ Only

✯ Realms of Layout ✯ Restoring Images :}
darkframe_zps78ea9988.jpg

CHAPTER: PILOT

“I said, I’m here to fetch Kayleen Alice.” he repeated breathlessly.

Officer Tifa gawped at him unblinkingly. “Is she out already?” he asked impatiently. When there was no answer from the lady, he slanted a glance to his left, to where Kayleen was. Kayleen couldn’t hide her nervousness, not after knowing a strange guy blurted out her name, looking out for her like she had indebted something from him. The hoodie guy threw out his palms at her and said, “I was asked to bring her with me.” Officer Tifa’s eyes darted from Kayleen to the hoodie guy, all the while she tried to signal the guy to slow down, but he didn’t seem to get her meaning at all. Minutes passed and the hoodie guy began to walk toward Kayleen’s side and locked eyes with her.

Kayleen stood there like a statue. Her face turned from rosy pink to deadly pale. “Hey,” His eyes sparkled, which seemed to indicate something. A flirtatious grin was evident on his face as he leaned closer to the girl, who gaped at him astonishingly. Kayleen felt something surge beneath her chest. An outburst of fear was running in her when he leaned closer and closer to her. On the side, Officer Tifa hissed exasperatingly as she foreshadowed something bad. “N-No!” Before Officer Tifa could deliver her warning properly, the thing that she feared the most was about to happen.

Kayleen was off balance, and when the hoodie guy tried to hold her, she shrieked and elbowed him in the stomach as hard as she could but to her surprise, the guy didn’t flinch. “You’re Kayleen Alice, aren’t you?” his tone had gotten icy, and so Kayleen’s eyes grew wider than ever. “You look exactly like in the picture." He squinted and laughed humourlessly. "My name is Seon. I’m here to fetch you to our place.” After introduced himself, he exchanged glance with Officer Tifa. “Your mother was out of Korea at the moment.” he explained briefly.

Office Tifa took the place beside Kayleen while held her gaze on him. “Do you have document, or prove about it?” she asked warily. Seon gave a polite nod and dug out something from his pocket.

Kayleen gasped; stream of questions had emerged in her brain. Why would her mother ask a stranger to come and fetch her? Even if she had a job out of the country, but the fact that her only daughter would get discharge today, and after so long they hadn’t meet each other, how could she, why did she…choose today out of the rest of 365 days? Kayleen gulped a lumpy sensation in . How could she spent her days with some strangers? No, that would be, a big no.

Seon noticed Kayleen’s indifferent gaze toward him since earlier on, so he clicked his tongue and smiled slyly at her direction. “And you…” He transfixed his gaze on her. “Stop glaring at me like I’m some kind of bad guy.” He told with a smirk. Officer Tifa paused and turned to Seon. “Seon-ssi,” her voice tinged with warning. Seon tipped his head back and held out both hands in front with a folded papers on his palms. “Here, the document…or whatever you want to call it,” His sight never left the girl.

Kayleen’s face crumpled as time went by. He was not an expert in body language, but from his brief observation, Kayleen was indeed afraid of him. Not just afraid, she was exaggeratedly afraid of him. It bothered him a little that his usual killer smile wouldn’t make the girl squealed for him. She was kind of rare, and it strangely intrigued him. Officer Tifa leaned toward Kayleen and wrapped one arm around her. Kayleen tried to wiggle her hand away, but Officer Tifa held her securely this time. “Don’t be afraid, I’ll be here.” The lady whispered beside her ear. “He’s here to fetch you, not to kid-” Officer Tifa cursed herself inwardly for almost slipped off her tongue to voice the word “kidnap” out from .

Seon looked equally bewildered at the two persons huddled in front of him. “We have to move now.” He said absentmindedly. Officer Tifa turned sharply at him and grind her teeth. Seon mouthed “why” to her while spreading out his palms on the air.

“Are you alone? I mean, there’s no female with you?” Officer Tifa asked thickly. Seon grunted, then he let out a theatrical sigh.

“A female? Ah…sadly, but no.” He inhaled deeply and drew his brows together. He was able to grasp the meaning out of it. He should’ve known it. It could’ve been easier that way. Of course, female would’ve more appreciated since Kayleen was a female too.

“I will accompany her,” A voice was faintly heard from the entrance. The three of them turned their head over the voice.

 

*End*