#006 Partners

She's My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TOP looked at the guy who was sitting on the chair facing the window. He was anxiously waiting for an answer. “Are you really sure about that?” TOP asked again for the nth time. He was obviously against the decision made by the guy.

The fair skinned guy with black hair turned to him with a smile on his face. “I’m sure. Why? You don’t think it will work?” he asked in return. He clasped his hands as he rested his chin on them, looking at TOP.

“I think it will be hard for the kid. Pairing her with-”

“You’re afraid that she’ll be hurt? I am too but I trust her” the other guy cut him off, leaning on his back. “How can you be so sure? We’re still not sure about her ability or her level” TOP defended himself.

“I can just sense it. As for her ability or level, that’s your job as their teacher. Am I not right?”

TOP sighed. Their conversation will not come to an end because of their own stubbornness. “Of course that’s my job as their teacher. As the principal, don’t you think you also have a responsibility over the students? Look, Jaejoong…I’m just afraid that it will have a bad ending and-”

“Seunghyun, why are you assuming that it will be bad? The past won’t repeat itself. As principal, I weigh the whole department on my shoulder. Supporting me as an old friend will really help me with the load” Jaejoong cut him off again. “All I need is your support and trust”

TOP couldn’t help but just sigh. “You always get me with that line of yours. Okay, what can I do if that’s your decision anyway? I will step up when I think it’s time to” he said, turning his back on Jaejoong.

“Thanks” Jaejoong thanked him before he closed the door.

Not long after TOP left, an older male teacher entered the room. “Teacher Jung, what can I do for you?” Jaejoong asked the older teacher. Teacher Jung fixed his glasses then cleared his throat. “Don’t you think the punishments are a little lacking? We need to tighten our grip for the students to learn” he suggested.

Jaejoong thought for some time. “Teacher Jung, if you tighten your grip on a pigeon whose wings were broken, what will happen? It will die right? If we put harsh punishments that can lead to death to students who did something wrong, they will die or worse turn to monsters. They’re kids. They’re vulnerable to mistakes. We, as adults, should lead them and not destroy them. Am I not right?”

The older teacher cleared his throat. “I know what you want to say but isn’t your way of leading a little idealistic for what’s really happening?”

Jaejoong smiled. “I want to be positive if possible. Positive but ready for the worst. I know where you’re coming from but we can’t impose harsher punishments for students” he replied, keeping his cool. The older guy shook his head as he chuckled dryly. “If this is our generation, students like Kai and his friends will be held in a dungeon for them to reflect on what they did wrong”

“That’s your generation, Teacher Jung. It will not help in this generation. If you want to impose that kind of punishment, the children will break into pieces. And if I’m not mistaken, your generation produced a monster because of such strict punishments. And I’m not planning on producing another monster” Jaejoong said, seriousness on his tone.

“I’m sorry if I’m sounding rude but you know where I’m coming from, right?” Jaejoong asked, facing the window once again. 

TOP cleared his throat and looked at his students. “I will announce today the pairing for Alice Training”

The students were listening intently to the pairings when it came to the hardest pairing that he’s going to announce. “Lee Hana is paired with…” he paused then sighed. “Kai” he added, earning mixed reactions from the students.

Hana’s still afraid of Kai but after the apology, the fear inside was lessened. Knowing that he can apologize and accept his mistakes made a difference. But it’s guaranteed that it will be very awkward between them. Kai did not react to the announcement. Hana thought that he’s taking it calmly and rationally. She’s right…in some ways or another. He doesn’t want Kyungsoo to nag him anymore. He’s still not sure of what she can do with her Alice. And lastly, there’s something about Hana that’s holding him back. Maybe…it’s the guilt of treating her in a bad way.

A day after the pairing, they were given assignments to accomplish as a team. Paper works-a lovely way to kill Hana. Kai was not even trying to help her. He’s hibernating once again inside the library. Hana was the only one reading the piles of books and accomplishing the assignment. It’s a good situation for Hana since she doesn’t need to deal with him. Having a fight with Kai will be deadly.

She flipped another page as she jot down notes for their assignment. Kai woke up, ruffling his hair. He looked at her, one eye still closed. Hana looked at him but immediately looked at the book. He yawned then stared at Hana. It’s making her uncomfortable. “Why are you so slow? You should’ve finished it now” he commented, much to Hana’s irritation.

“Then why don’t you help me instead of sleeping?” she retorted, not really thinking of what she just said. She bit her lip when she reali

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter