#005 Apologizing

She's My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You monster…

Kai lied on his bed with his arm covering his eyes. He can’t forget the look on Hana’s face when she said that. There was disgust, anger and fear. He bit his lip, shaking those thoughts away.

He still can’t believe that he really hurt Kyungsoo with his own Alice. Deep inside, it was bugging him. He’s guilty. And he hated that fact. He got up and looked outside the window. He can see the world outside those walls. He wanted to get out, take a stroll or anything. He just wanted to get out from that place.

He grunted. It’s not like he can go out whenever he wanted to. He needs to wait for the allotted day. And if ever he had a chance to go home, it’s not like he has one. It’s been a long time; a very long time of being imprisoned by those towering walls of Seoul Academy. 

TOP sighed as he sat on the couch in the middle of the faculty room. “What’s with the long face?” Sunny asked, placing a cup of coffee in front of him. Taeyeon also sat on the couch opposite of him.

“Why don’t you just read my mind? I’m really tired to even talk” he sighed once again. “What is this? You’re the one who banned me from reading your thoughts and you’re letting me do it?” Sunny asked, sitting beside Taeyeon.

“Is it about Kai?” Taeyeon asked. TOP looked at her. “Are you a mind reader too?” he joked dryly. “I don’t need to be a mind reader to know that. I just finished healing Kyungsoo. I just can’t believe that Kai can do that to his own friend” Taeyeon shook her head as she sighed.

“But I heard the principal’s keeping an eye on that new student. It’s Hana right?” Sunny asked curiously. TOP grunted. “He’s really making me crazy. I really can’t understand him sometimes”

“C’mon, it sounds like you don’t know him that much. The principal’s just acting that way because he senses something odd or interesting” Taeyeon suggested, earning another groan from TOP.

“Nullifying Alice…it looks like it’s going to be interesting” Sunny commented. “Come to think of it, there are only few people with that Alice” Taeyeon added.

TOP sat straight. “It’s going to be hard for her. And the principal’s making it even harder”

Taeyeon and Sunny looked at him. “How?” they both asked.

He stood and grabbed his things. “You’ll know soon enough. I have to go to my class” 

Hana looked to her left. It has been three days and Kai’s still not coming to class. It was a relief for her that she doesn’t need to put her guard up. She still can’t forget how he held her hard against that tree. It makes her shiver whenever she thinks about that.

“Kai’s not here again?” TOP asked, looking at the empty seat. He sighed then proceeded with the lesson. Kyungsoo looked at Kai’s seat with a worried expression. Sehun, L and the others were not bothering Hana after the incident at the Woods. Words quickly travelled among students that Hana had a Nullifying Alice. Some were afraid of her since there were rumours that she completely crashed Kai. Some were just keeping their distance just because they’re not really sure of what she can do.

She looked at her notes, still thinking of how Yumi and Kyungsoo came to her aid. She looked at Yumi who was concentrating on their lesson. She can’t forget how she felt when she pushed Kai, creating that vast ray of light. She looked at her hand. Nullifying, huh?

After class, Yumi and Hana headed to the cafeteria. People were looking at them like they did something wrong. “Don’t mind them. They’re like that because they’re afraid of you. That’s because you have a unique Alice that they never heard before” Yumi told her.

Hana nodded, following Yumi. She stepped back and bumped into someone. “I’m so-” she paused when she saw who it was. “Sorry” she immediately added then turned her back on him. Sehun looked away, thinking how can she apologize when he’s the one who led her to the Woods and to Kai’s hands?

Hana and Yumi got their food and sat on the table just beside the window. Hana looked at the usual spot of Kai and his friends. He was not there. He saw Kyungsoo making his way to the other table. He smiled at her as greeting. She smiled back.

“You know, your Alice is really unique” Yumi commented. Hana looked at her. “It’s a defensive kind of Alice. Other Alices won’t have any effect on you. They can’t use their Alice on you. I think that’s a unique kind of Alice” she added.

“I really don’t know how to do or use it. At least for you, you just think of what you want to do with objects and they just move. I think your Alice is better” Hana frowned. Yumi hit her head with her spoon. “Ouch” Hana exclaimed, rubbing her head.

“Just be thankful that it’s not a dangerous type or a draining type” Yumi nagged. “Dangerous and draining type?” she asked, taking a sip on her glass of water.

Yumi placed her spoon down. “Dangerous types, just like the name says, are those Alices that can harm people or even kill them. For example, Woohyun’s lightning, Sehun’s wind, Kyungsoo’s ice, teacher TOP’s mind control, president Sunmi’s fire and Kai’s fire” she explained.

Hana shivered upon hearing Kai’s name. “How about your Alice? Telekinesis can also kill people when you decide to hit them with boulders of rock, right?” Hana asked curiously. Yumi chuckled. “Well, it’s also conside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter