#019 Hurt

She's My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana felt her heart fall on the ground as she felt Kai’s weight on her shoulder. “Jongin?” she asked, patting him in the back. There was no response. Her cheeks were burning and suddenly, she felt a tear trickle. With her trembling hands, she shook him once again. “Jongin, are you okay?”

She grew even more anxious when he did not budge. They both fell on the ground with her supporting him with her two hands. She looked around and grabbed anyone’s hand who was trying to put out the fire. “Please help him” she begged, her tears flowing.

“Hana!” she heard TOP call her name. She turned, still holding Kai’s head. “Sir” she muttered. TOP ran to her side and checked on Kai. “” he cursed under his breath. He hurriedly removed his silver Limiter band and put it on his arm. “What happened to him?” Sehun, who just came, asked while looking at Hana. “I-I don’t know. H-He just…” Hana stuttered, looking at Kai then at Sehun.

TOP carried him on his back and quickly ran towards the crowd, finding his way to the Left Wing. Hana’s knees were shaking and she couldn’t even bring her self to stand up. “H-He’s going to be fine, right?” she asked Sehun who was helping her up. He nodded. “Yeah, he’s going to be fine”

Leaning on Sehun, they slowly moved to the side to give way to all those who were putting out the fire. “Hana?” she heard a familiar voice call for her. She turned around immediately and her tears started to form on the corners of her eyes. “Joori!” she exclaimed.

Joori came running towards her friend. Sehun let her go. “Thank God you’re okay” Hana muttered as she hugged Joori tightly. “I made it out before the fire took over the third floor. Hana, I’m scared. I thought I was going to die and-”

“Shush” Hana cut her off, hugging her once again. Joori pulled herself away from her and looked at her face. She noticed some cuts on her knees and arms. “What happened to you? Are you okay? You’re bleeding” Joori nervously asked as she held Hana’s hands.

“I’m fine. I’m fine” Hana nodded, trying to make Joori feel assured.

Mino shook his head in disappointment as he drew a deep breath. “Jonghoon’s son came and stopped us” the guy standing beside the door said with his head lowered. “Were there students hurt during the fire?” Mino asked.

“There were few who were hurt but there were no fatal injuries” 

Mino nodded. “For now, give those kids some food and make sure they don’t do anything suspicious” he instructed.

The guy nodded and was about to get out of the room when Mino stopped him.

“One more thing, treat your wounds and take some rest”

After the guy got out, Mino sat on his couch, leaning on his back and looking at the ceiling. “Things are getting harder. Are you sure that we can do this?” a man who was standing behind the couch asked. “Even if things are getting harder, I won’t let that old man repeat history. He’s going to start it with those kids and it’s a big thing that we already got them” he replied.

“But that girl is still out there. The Chairman will take her sooner or later. If she does have Lee Heesoo’s Alice, he’ll use her”

“That is if she has that Alice. And even if she does not have it, I won’t let Junsu’s daughter be taken captive by that bastard. I made a grave mistake and I’m going to make it up to her even if I know I can’t pay for her father’s life…because I really can’t” Mino stated while looking at his gloved hand.

I took many people’s lives…even the man who treated me as a brother because I was stupid enough to be used by that old man’s tricks. He led me to madness…and he pushed it to the limits. I’m going to make him pay for all the lives he took, including my brother’s. If I can just turn back time…maybe this never happened. Maybe, just maybe.

The man cleared his throat, snapping him from his deep thoughts. “Junsu’s brother is still unconscious; it looks like he doesn’t have that much time left”

Mino’s brows furrowed. Time, that’s what we all need. Junsu, it looks like I will never meet you in heaven. Even your little brother’s in a life and death situation because of me.

“We are all running out of time. Those kids…we have the same fate. We all need time but time keeps on escaping our grasps. Alices are said to be gifts…but why is it a burden and punishment to us? We need to finish this immediately because I don’t know if I can make it that long. Time’s also slipping for me and you know that, right?” Mino asked, turning around to look at the man. He just lowered his head.

“Now, go and take care of those kids. Tell them that they’re safe here”

On the other hand, the Chairman of the Council was furious. He threw his cup of tea on the wall. He ran his fingers on his hair roughly and looked at Zero. “Are you sure it’s Mino’s doings?” he asked under his raging, rough breaths. Zero nodded.

“That son of a ! He’s really making me mad. They’re all making me mad!” he yelled then suddenly, he started to laugh menacingly. “Are they thinking that they can beat me? They’re wrong. No one will ever beat me. In this world, the weak should die and the strongest will thrive. They will never beat me. Is he thinking that getting those kids with Draining Alices will stop me? They will eventually die anyway. Right, they will die. They will die” he said to himself, laughing.

He totally lost his senses. He’s crazy.

Zero just kept still. The old man turned to him. “Get ready. We will get that girl and bring her to the Council. We need to know if she has that Alice”

Hana was restless. It has been a whole day but she has yet to hear anything about Kai. Woohyun, L, Sehun, Kyungsoo and Yumi were there with her. They were all waiting outside the clinic. Woohyun kept on telling her stories to make her feel better but it did not help at all. He just received some hits from Sehun and L to make him quiet.

The door suddenly opened. They all stood. Taeyeon and Sunny came out and looked at them. “You can come in now, he’s conscious” Sunny said, holding the door open for them. The smiles on their faces cannot be described. They all dashed inside. Kai was sitting, leaning on the bed’s headboard. Hana stood beside him, biting her lip to stop her from crying. Kai looked at her and smiled. “I’m fine” he said.

Hana hit him lightly. “Stupid. You made me so worried” she said, sniffing. Kyungsoo chuckled and so did Woohyun. Kai just smiled at her. “We’re really happy that you’re okay now” Kyungsoo said, nodding. Woohyun sat on the bed and pulled him into a hug which was short-lived when Kai pushed him and Sehun pulled him away. “My arm hurts!” Kai scolded Woohyun.

L hit Woohyun’s arm, making him whine. Yumi glared at him to make his quiet and it was effective.

From the corner of her eyes, Hana saw TOP talking with Taeyeon and Sunny. They all looked so serious. There’s something going on. “Hey” she heard Kai calling her. “Huh?” she asked blankly. “I was asking you if you’re okay” he said. “Y-Yeah, I’m fine” she nodded then she looked back at TOP, Taeyeon and Sunny’s direction but they were not there anymore.

Her brows furrowed as she bit her lip. Something’s going on and she has a feeling about it.

“Jongin!” Kai’s father came running inside the clinic. As soon as he got there, he looked at Kai with worried eyes. “I’m fine” Kai said as he lifted his arm with bandage. “Just a little injury” he added.

Jonghoon sighed then sat beside his son. “That’s good. I thought something very bad happened to you and-” he paused then shook his head. “I’m just glad you’re fine” he continued, patting Kai’s shoulder.

His gaze went to the Limiter that he was wearing. There were two and one of them is TOP’s own Limiter. Jonghoon’s eyes narrowed then looked at Kai.

No. Not my son.

It has been 2 days since the attack and there were some changes that already happened. Those who were on the lower rank in physical practices during Alice Trainings were always monitored. The teachers were also restricted from any of the leisure activities that they used to do. The Chairman of the Council is already moving.

The Right Wing students were now having their classes like normal. Although there are still some things that were being fixed, it did not bother them. The thing that the students and teachers thanked for was that nobody died and nobody got hurt so bad.

Hana flipped the page of her book as she waited for the other students to come. She stretched her legs then yawned. She barely slept last night because of many thoughts inside her mind about the Council, Mino, her uncle, the school and so much more. She felt like her head was going to burst.

The door flew open and Woohyun came in bouncing, literally. “Good morning Hana” he said, waving his hands in front of him. “Good morning too. Why are you so bright today?” she asked, as if Woohyun was never that bright before.

He shrugged then took his seat. “Nothing. I just felt so alive. We need to be lively once in a while you know” he said.

Sehun and L came in. They always go to class together. Yumi came in with an annoyed expression. She went straight to Woohyun’s desk and slammed a book on it. “Tell me you did not do this” she said while glaring at Woohyun.

He stiffened and a guilty smile crossed his face. Yumi’s book was vandalized. She rolled her eyes and went to her seat. “Hey, I thought that was mine so I did that. I will give you my book if you want to” Woohyun said. “As if your book is clean enough” she retorted. Hana just sighed at the two’s bickering. It was already normal for all of them to see and listen to them fight over small things.

“I can move my arms and I’m fine so I can play ball anytime” Hana heard Kai’s voice and she immediately turned to look at the door. Kyungsoo and Kai entered. Kyungsoo nodded at her and she did the same.

What got her attention were the Limiters Kai was wearing. There two earri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter