#015 Bitter Past

She's My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana stood still like she was frozen. Kai stepped back and let go of her face. She was beyond dumbfounded but what Kai just did. She was looking down at the ground, not really having the courage to look at him. “Now, do you get the reason why I’m acting like this?” he asked as calm as possible but he was totally taken aback by his actions.

She bit her lips, not knowing how to react to his question. Now it’s clear to her what the situation they are in is but she’s just not ready for such thing to happen. Her mind was not processing at all. She could feel her cheeks burn. Kai became a little uncomfortable because of her silence. He was about to say something when Hana lifted her face, looking at him. Her eyes were teary and she looked like she was going to cry any moment.

Kai felt guilty because of what he did. He thought that he really went overboard with his actions. His eyes cannot meet hers because of how they look like. “Y-Ya…W-Why…I-I…” he couldn’t find the right words that he wanted to say inside his mind. “Jerk” she muttered. Kai felt like his world came crashing down. He was scared that she might hate him for acting like he did.

“L-Look…I was just explaining why…S-Sorry” Kai found himself stuttering and muttering things. “I must be really crazy to like you” she mumbled then bit her lip. He was surprised by what he just heard. Kai thought that might have heard the wrong words. “W-What did you say?” he asked to make sure that what he just heard was the right thing. His heart was pounding so hard that he felt like it’s going to fall on the ground.

She stayed quiet and just stared at him while trying to not cry. “Y-You like me? You do? Is that real? Y-You…I-I…You like me?” he asked with a nervous and expecting chuckle.

She was even irritated to see how he was reacting. He was looking at her like a kid who was waiting for an ice cream. A tear fell from her eye as she punched him on the chest. “Jerk. That’s my first kiss. How can you just…aish…” she whined between sobs. She kept on hitting him while sobbing. She was looking down on the ground. “You can just explain it in words but you just…Is it that easy for you to do that because I look easy to you? How can you just do that?”

He felt guilty just by hearing those words from her. She was right. He did not think about what her reaction would be and he did not think about the consequence of his actions. He heard from Woohyun that a girl’s first kiss is important to them. He understands why she was acting like that. She must’ve felt like what he did was unfair.

Kai stopped her from hitting him and grabbed her hands, pulling her to his arms. He hugged her tightly. She tried to push him but Kai did not let her go. “Sorry” he apologized for his sudden actions. “Sorry. What I did was not right. I just didn’t know how to explain what I’m feeling so I just did it. But…it feels good to know that you like me-that I’m not the only one who’s feeling like this”

She felt more self-conscious because of what he just said. She never knew that Kai would be that caring and…soft behind that cold aura of his. “Jerk…” her voice was getting smaller and smaller. He stepped back and looked at her. She was still looking on the ground with her head down. He leaned forward to match her height, trying to look at her face. When she lifted her face, they were only inches away from each other. She stepped back in surprise. “What are you going to do again?” she asked.

“If I do ‘it’ again, what will you do?” he asked with no hint of teasing. He was being serious. “D-Do you want to die? Don’t come near me” she warned him, stuttering. She bit her lip and stared at him. He was staring back at her. A teasing smile suddenly crept on his face. He seriously has some mood swings and it’s serious. How could he at a situation that he just made?

He took a step towards her and held her shoulders. She was staring straight on his eyes. She was ready of whatever he was going to do. She shut her eyes close and clenched her fists. She was waiting for whatever he was going to do. “What are you doing?” he asked. She opened her eyes and looked at Kai who has a quizzical look on his face. She cleared in embarrassment and pushed him away from her. “Were you actually waiting for me to-”

“Are you crazy? Why would I?” she cut him off immediately before he could even complete his question. She was about to walk away when he pulled her once again in a tight hug. Without muttering any words, they just stood like that for some time. Hana thought that she should not lie to herself about what she’s really feeling. She wanted to hug him tightly and know him more. She wanted to be honest to herself.

Kai planted a kiss on her forehead as he stepped back. He has this assuring, warm smile on his face that made Hana feel like everything’s okay. “Will you let this jerk be by your side?” he asked, looking at her eyes. She nodded, not hesitating.

“Be by my side…always”

Kyungsoo chuckled as he closed the book that he was reading. “What are you laughing for?” Kai asked in frustration. Kyungsoo put the book on the table then looked at Kai. “The two of you are so funny. But it’s a relief that you two are able to clear things up. Honestly, watching you two was making me feel frustrated. I thought that I should do something for the two of you” he explained as he shook his head.

Kyungsoo quickly knew about what happened because of their actions. The two of them were together after the school festival. When Kyungsoo went to Kai to talk to him, Kai did not hesitate on admitting their relationship. Kai was taken aback when Kyungsoo told him that he knew about Hana’s feelings before that incident and that he doesn’t feel anything romantic for her. That made Kai felt better.

“So…what are you going to do?” Kyungsoo asked. “What do you mean?” Kai asked in return. “News travels fast. Maybe some of our classmates already know about the two of you. From the way that you act when you’re together…it’s pretty obvious”

“Is it that obvious?”

“Well…for me it’s obvious. You don’t usually talk to her in class but you’re exchanging greetings every now and then. You’re also pretty obvious when you’re jealous. Are you not worried?” Kyungsoo teased. Kai sighed as he shut his eyes and leaned back. “Not really…What I’m worried about is how Woohyun and Teacher Sunny would tease me after they know this. I think I’m going to die just by thinking about it”

Kyungsoo laughed out loud. “That would be amazing. Woohyun would really tease you like hell. I think Teacher Sunny would be giving you her teasing smiles whenever she sees you”

“That’s why I’m thinking of not going near the faculty room. And that Woohyun…what would I do with him?”

“Ya, just don’t mind him. Don’t even think of burning. He’s just like that and I think he really likes Hana” Kyungsoo warned him just in case that he would think of that. Kai glared at him when he heard that. “He likes her not in a romantic way…that’s what I meant. Why? Are you jealous that he’s able to hug and be sweet with Hana even without a romantic relationship unlike you who cannot be chummy with her?” Kyungsoo asked when he noticed Kai’s sudden change in aura.

“I’m not. Why would I be jealous?” Kai immediately denied as he looked away while clearing his throat. Kyungsoo shook his head and scoffed. “Yeah right. Your face says that you’re jealous. You’re really easy to read, you know that? I don’t even need Teacher Sunny’s Alice to know that”

“I told you I’m not”

Kyungsoo stood then pointed at Kai’s face. “Your face says it all…JEA-LOUS”

Kai touched his face then looked away once again. “What are you talking about?” he muttered. Kyungsoo pocketed his hands then sighed. “Whatever. If you want to deny it then deny it but I’m not going to believe your lies”

He looked at the clock which was hanging on the room’s wall then at Kai who was still touching his face. “I have to go” he said. Kai looked up at him then at the clock. His expression softened then nodded. “You should go. I should go with you but-”

“You don’t need to. I’ll tell her that you got yourself a pretty girlfriend” Kyungsoo cut him off as he shook his head. Kai did not say anything but just smiled at him. Kyungsoo turned his back on his then walked towards the door. As Kyungsoo got out of the room, Kai sighed then turned to face his window. “It’s been a long time…Heejin…I just can’t imagine how Kyungsoo feels right now…”

Mino’s brows furrowed upon hearing the report of one of his men. “Who did you say was the transferee?” he asked in a low tone as he clasped his hands together. “A shifter named AhnJaehyun” the man who was sitting on the opposite couch answered. Mino scoffed then leaned on his back. “So that old Mr. Chairman is already moving. But why did he send a shifter inside? Wait, how did the principal react?”

“There were no actions yet. I think the principal was not suspecting anything from the transferee”

“That’s not expected from Jaejoong. He’s the type who goes all out and investigates anyone. Is he just keeping it a secret? What is he planning?” Mino muttered to himself. “About that…I think his body is being taken over by your mark. I heard he fainted when he was working”

“Really?” Mino asked in surprise. “So the mark’s taking over his body…His time would be up anytime. It’s been a long time anyway”

“But…Sir, there’s an information that was saying that a girl named Lee Hana has a Nullifying Alice. She was suddenly transferred to the Left Wing after a commotion. And he’s been spotted together with Kim Jonghoon’s son most of the time in the school”

“What? Jonghoon’s son?Kai?Nullifying Alice…Junsu’s daughter?”

“We’re still not sure but she must be his daughter. It’s been a long time since we started looking for his daughter. But the possibility of being his daughter is very big. There are few people who have that kind of Alice”

Mino started drawing circles with his hand on the table as he fell into a deep thought. Nullifying Alice…she must be Junsu’s kid. Jaejoong knew about this that’s why he transferred her to the Left Wing. And she’s with Jonghoon’s son? What a funny fate. But…why…would he put a shifter in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter