#001 Fiery Encounter

She's My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!”

Grunting, Hana reached her phone to shut that high pitched voice thing which was telling her to wake up. Still on her dream world, she sat up. She yawned then stretched her arms before fully opening her eyes. Looking to her right where a small table with a single picture frame on top of it, a smile crept on her face.

“Good morning grandpa”

Just like any other day, Hana had to do everything on her own. She had to prepare her own food and everything. Living alone was not that hard for her. After coming to Seoul on her own, leaving her grandpa in the countryside, she had learned to live independently. Her grandpa always told her that great things are waiting for her in Seoul.

Hana looked at her reflection on the mirror. She brushed some hair sticking on her forehead then fixed her tie. She fixed the hem of her skirt. The matching red and grey school uniform looked good on her. She’s satisfied by it.

After some last touches, she grabbed her bag then left for school.

Her place was not that far from her school. It only took her one bus ride. Upon entering the school gate, she noticed a girl with a very bright red ribbon on her head. The other girl waved at her with a bright smile, matching the ribbon she’s wearing. “Good morning!” Joori greeted Hana as soon as she reached the jolly girl.

“Oh, good morning too. Why are you so excited today?” Hana asked as they walked their way to their building. Joori shyly giggled then pursed her lips. “I’m going to give it to him” she answered. Hana’s eyes narrowed, not getting what her friend was talking about. “Give whom what?”

Joori sighed at her friend’s dumbness. “Kai”

“Who? Ah! From the Left Wing? What will you give him?” Hana, at last, got what she was talking about. Joori clasped her hands together as she merrily turned around. “Cupcakes”

“Cupcakes? Do you even know how to bake? The last time you tried baking, if I’m not mistaken, you burned your whole kitchen” Hana asked in amusement. Joori pouted as she hit her arm lightly. “I really baked! I stayed all night just for those cupcakes. I just hope he will like it” she giggled once again.

Hana shook her head. Her friend is head over heels for a boy from the Left Wing and that sounds really crazy. Hana noticed the band aids on Joori’s fingers. “What are those?” she asked, pointing at Joori’s fingers. Joori hid her hands on her back as she shook her head. “Nothing”

“Are those from your baking escapade?” Hana asked, dumbfounded by what she just realized. Joori did not answer. “You better give those cupcakes to him. I can’t believe you would go that far for a stranger”

“He’s not a stranger. I know him. He saved me once from those thugs outside the school” Joori explained, defending her hero and dream guy. She became a total fan of Kai after that one incident where Kai scared those guys who were harassing her out of their wits. After that, Joori had nothing to tell but how cool and y Kai is. Hana had a full load of her stories and she’s just thankful that nothing bad happened to her friend.

But come to think of it, Kai’s a total stranger even after those stories told by Joori. Hana had been hearing things about him. He’s apparently a big name at the Left Wing, well, even in their area-the Right Wing. Non-Alice users like her are staying and studying at the Right Wing of the very vast school campus. Alice users, like Kai, are staying and studying at the Left Wing. Hana’s encounter with Alice users is limited since there’s very strict rules about the boundaries for the Left and Right Wing.

Alice users are envied by other students but most are afraid of having an encounter with any of them. Sometimes, they’re termed as abnormal beings or monsters because they’re beyond what ordinary people coined as normal.

“The gate’s open. They’re coming out” Joori squealed, shaking Hana’s arms. Hana looked at the huge gate as it opens. Students from their Wing were also looking at the gate, waiting for the Alice users to come out. Sometimes, in assigned days, Alice users go out to the outside world to shop and play like any ordinary student. They were all wearing their casual clothes.

Joori pulled Hana towards the gate as they waited for Kai. “He’s coming. He’s coming” Joori squealed once again, still shaking Hana’s arm. Hana looked at the guy who Joori was waiting for. He was wearing a grey hoodie and jeans. His hair was messy which looked like he just got up from bed. Beside him was a shorter guy who was wearing a white jacket on top of his black shirt. They were walking nearer to where Joori and Hana were standing.

Joori let go of Hana’s arm as she walked towards Kai. “This is for you” Joori said, extending her arms with the box of cupcakes on her hand. Kai just looked at her with no interest. He yawned then looked at Joori once again. The other guy beside him was waiting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter