Find Me (I'm Still Here ) - A Side Chapter

Find Me

Find Me (I'm Still Here)

--

 

Yuri sat at the side of the bed, fingers clutching on the mattress as her feet fidgeted against the carpet. Restless eyes scanned the floor, searching.

 

There was something missing.

 

Her ears perked up at the sound of the doorknob twisting. Her head snapped up at the creaking of the door before she held them low again. She didn’t like the tired set of eyes that looked back at her.

 

She almost flinched at her seat when she heard the long sigh the woman gave before closing the door behind and walking in. She heard a low thud. Her eyes found a bag on the floor. She stole a glance at the woman, who’s now leaning on the desk at the corner. It felt strange the woman wasn't smiling. Yuri decided that's not good.

 

Her eyebrows furrowed. She couldn’t remember where she saw those trembling lips before yet she didn’t like the sight of it one bit.

 

She watched as the woman began shoving things (she couldn’t name what) from the desk inside the bag. Watched her open the drawer and take clothes out. Watched her put ripped pieces of paper on an envelope, as well as the pictures stuck on the mirror. She watched as the woman’s hands shook doing all that while her own squeezed, scratched and pulled on the mattress beneath her. If only she knew how to say stop, she would yell it. Because why is this woman taking what was hers? Why does she suddenly make her feel like crying? Who the hell does this woman think she is to make her feel incomplete?

 

So, she stood up.

 

The woman stopped in the middle of zipping the bag close and looked at her; shoulders tensed and eyes apprehensive, like she was expecting her to do something drastic, while she just stood there, feeling stupid because she couldn’t even utter the word as simple as ‘Don’t’ out of .

 

But that didn’t make her stop trying. She tried so damn hard.

 

Even when the woman left the bag on the floor, urged her back towards the bed until she was seated, and cupped her face as she trapped her inside those gentle eyes that asked ‘What’s wrong’ yet told her ‘I’m sorry’ at the same time.

 

Yuri continued opening and closing like a stupid fish, trying to puke the words out, because she just wanted to tell her, even just this once, 

 

‘I’m still here.’

 

For some reason she herself didn’t understand, she just wanted to let her know,

 

‘I’ll always be here.’

 

For some reason, she just wanted her to hear,

 

‘Please, don’t run away from me again.’

 

She tried to form the words until tears formed at the corner of her eyes from choking on them but the look on the woman’s face didn’t change. There's still pain and loss and sadness. That scared her.

 

The woman leaned her forehead against hers, cooing words of comfort and pulled away when she felt her finally relaxing. She found herself holding her breath when the woman smiled before nuzzling their noses together. Hands cupped her face and pulled her down. Her eyes closed at the warmth of the lips against her forehead, eyebrows furrowing at the feeling of something cold and solid being put on her palm. A soft pair of hands closed it gently and all she could ever think of was how heavy the thing felt on her hand. Of how much she didn’t want it. Please take it back. Please don’t do this to me.

 

The source of warmth pulled away. Hands that held hers let go.

 

“You can forget me now.”

 

A swoosh, a bang and then she’s gone.

 

Yuri looked around the room. She sat still at the side of the bed where she’s sure someone had left her, one hand crushing two rings on her palm while the other clutched on the mattress like it’s a lifeline.

 

Restless eyes stared at the door, hoping. Her feet fidgeted against the carpet. She felt like running.

 

There was something missing. 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: I'm sorry if this would be confusing. This was supposed to be posted before chapter 5 but my computer went crazy on me. I thought I wouldn't recover the file anymore so I proceeded on posting chapter 5 without this. Anyway, I recovered this just did now. Thus, I'm posting it. It's nice to see bits of Yuri's mind sometimes, isn't it? 

You guys might have to wait a little more for the final chapter because the epilogue I just finished writing the other day got eaten by the AFF system for some reason, and I, unluckily, wrote it directly on AFF and had no back-ups. Now, instead of working only on the last chapter, I had to re-write the epilogue as well. I plan to post it at the same time I post the final chapter. Anyway, drop some comments and love. Thank you for reading this fic.