Inner musings

That which only exist in our minds

Jong Kook stared at the pink mark on his left chest. He couldnt suppress the grin which broke out on his face. Jihyo, the little spitfire. He had to admit that it was a smart move on her part to win in a match that relied largely on brute strength. However, there were other things that he refused to admit, especially to himself. Such as the funny feeling at the pit of his stomach when he recalls the sensation of Jihyo biting him on the chest. There's something akin to excitement, besides the pain. And his mind unwillingly conjured images of Jihyo nipping him on his chest as they lie atop white sheets...

No! He gave himself a mental shake, barely registering the fact that his eyes were blinking furiously, a habit of his whenever he's agitated or nervous. He was used to forcing himself to stop thinking about Jihyo as anyone other than a good colleague whom he enjoys working with. Even though Jihyo had mentioned in passing that she had broken up with her boyfriend about a year ago, it was too complicated an issue to think about. Sure, he has more than brotherly feelings towards her. The way Jihyo depends on him, the way she stands close and pats his arm or his back...all these actions warm his heart. But he didn't and couldn't pursue it. Not when he's unsure of the implications on the show if they were to get together. What would happen to the Monday Couple? He could not bear the consequences if his actions would affect what the entire Running Man crew had shed blood and tears over the past 4 years to create. But more critically, he couldn't be sure about how Jihyo feels about him. There were times in the past few months where he caught her staring at him with a mysterious look, but the moments passed quickly when she realised that he had caught her looking at him.

Whatever. He sighed while buttoning up his shirt and left the bathroom. Apparently he was the last one to leave. His Hyungs had all gone off after bathing and changing. He probably spent too long in the bathroom thinking about Jihyo. Wait, that sounded wrong. Damn! She's  messing with his mind. He was admonishing himself while walking to the room where the Members kept their belongings.

"Oh Jong Kook-ssi. All the others have left and I'm heading out. Could u lock the room up?" One of the PDs asked.

"Yes, of course. Thank you for the hard work today. Have a safe trip home and a good rest!"

Jong Kook was lifting the bag onto his shoulder and absentmindedly rubbing his sore back muscles when the door to the room opened and he caught a whiff of the scent which always drives him crazy. He didn't have to turn his head to see who it was.