Dark

Dark.

There are no faces in darkness, no color, no fancy clothes, no beauty... only presence.

 

I'm at home alone. The others decided to go out, but I didn't want to, so I stayed here.

But, maybe, I should have gone with them.

 

******

I've just finished washing the dishes, and I'm walking around to look for something to do. I stop to look out of the window: the word in wrapped up in darkness, only the street lamps illuminate weakly the empty streets. I look up in order to see the moon, but all I can see are dark clouds that cover the sky, it feels socffocating.

In the darkness, the world seems dead.

What if the world would be always like this? Lightless and lifeless. I panic for a second, so I try to distract myself. The best way is watching some films, until the others come back.

As I'm walking down the hallway, suddently the lights in the house turn off. I stop walking. I've always been scared of the dark.

I walk slowly, touching the walls, and I reach the kichten, where there are some flashlights.

While I'm trying to locate the drawers, my phone vibrates twice, making me jump in shock. Whitout even check the sender, I read the messages.

I'm coming.”

 

I'll find you.”

 

Reading those words, panic attaks me; I drop the phone on the floor, and the dark wraps me up again. There's only a little alarm clock, and I look at it.

22:34.

I try to calm down. “The others are surely coming home.” I think.

I have to do something, I want the light back. But I freeze as I hear some noises coming from the doorway. It seems like someone is trying to get in.

Without even thinking, I run towards the stairs that lead to the second floor; from there I can see the door, but I can't be seen. I stay there staring at the door with fear, and after while, the door opens.

I hold my breath while a dark figure comes in.

It's a tall and slim man, completely dressed in black. I can't see his face, because it's covered.

He heads to the kitchen, and I hear noises: he's looking for something.

Then, silence.

I run upstairs, in my room, and I close the door. I stay there and I listen carefully. The only thing I can hear is my heartbeat, and my irregulare breathing.

I can feel my fear, that has took over my body and my mind.

It's that fear that prevented me to sleep at night when I was young, and my mum used to call it “irrational”.

But now, it's real.

I stay in my room and I wait; it feels like hours have passed.

I can't hear anything, and I think that the straner might have gone. That thought comfort me, and just when I try to open the door, I hear footsteps. He's comng upstairs; I can hear the crackling sound of each step.

The sound of footsteps stops in front of my door, that opens slowly. The men enters the room, and I stay where I am. He doesn't notice me, and he goes towards the closet. My body is shaking uncontrollably, but I make an effort and I exit the room.

I don't know where to hide, I'm scared.

I head to the bathroom, but I can't reach it because someone pushes me against the wall, while an hand is pressing on my mouth.

The man is in front of me, but I can't see him because of the dark. I can feel his breathe on my skin, and I feel something sharp on my hip.

I start shaking even more. I want to scream, cry, run away from that situation, because I know how it's going to end, but I'm too scared to do anything.

The man gets even closer, pressing me hard against the wall, and than he penetrates my chest with the thing he has in his hands.

I feel a throbbing pain, my sight gets blurry; I can't breathe.

I told you that I would have found you, Yixing.” Chanyeol's deep voice is the last thing I hear, and then...

 

 

Dark.