Three

The Scarred Shadow (The Shadows III)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEUNGRI

 

!

 

I drank the glass of scotch in one go as I watched CL put her top on. What did I just do? What have I done? I can’t believe I gave in. I’ve been doing so well but then one moment of craziness led me to this. I’m the worst of them all. Although it was in our nature, I thought I was different. I thought I was better than them - I even thought I was better than Jiyong but no, I’m just like everyone else.

 

!

 

I had with another woman in the basement of the house where I live with the woman I love and Sohee was just in our room too. Why? Why didn’t I resist harder? Why did I give in?

 

CL turned around to face me. My eyes roamed her face, searching. . . searching for. . . . anything. “Thank you,” she said. “That was cool.”

 

That was cool?

 

“Don’t give any other meaning to it,” I told her. “You know how we are. We could have meaningless to anyone who got a .”

 

My eyes remained on her face, still searching but I could only partially see her face because of the dim light. But still, there was nothing. “I know.” she said. “I’m used to casual so. . .” she trailed and then shrugged.

 

I hissed under my breath. But I stopped myself from moving forward to grab her and shake her hard. “I could tell,” I snorted in response instead.

 

She chuckled. “You know who to call if you want to have meaningless again,” she said and turned to leave.

 

I felt something inside me snapped and I want to vent it out on her but since my moment of weakness of giving in was still fresh on my mind, I managed to stop myself from standing up to grab her and shake her hard just like what I’ve been thinking a while ago. “Don’t tell Sohee,” I said out loud just as she was about to disappear from sight. “I’ll tell her myself.”

 

“You do that,” she said and left.

 

The moment she was out of sight, I threw the glass I have on hand across the room. The thing smashed against the wall and fell to the floor in pieces.

 

 

 

 

JIYONG

 

“You’ve been increasingly becoming naughty lately,” I casually said.

 

“I only have you to blame,” she told me. She was sitting on a stool while I stood in front of her, drying her hair with a towel.

 

“So. . . what are we going to do with Seunghyun?”

 

“You made him like that, deal with him,” she said but I could see the smile she was trying to hide.

 

“And who, may I ask was the reason of me doing that?” I returned back. “He’ll be very pissed when he wakes up and might end up fighting with me.”

 

“He won’t do that,” she said. “He knows it’ll only upset me if you two fight. TOP. . .Seunghyun. . . he doesn’t really like seeing me upset.”

 

I stopped with what I was doing and stood there motionless for a few seconds. I took a deep breath and threw the towel aside. “Finish up,” I told her and started leaving but then she wrapped her arms around me from behind.

 

“Is my pancake jealous?” she cooed and started kissing my back. “Don’t be jealous pancake. You know you’re the only one in my heart. There’s you and only you. I love you so much, my pancake.”

 

I turned around, grabbed her face with my hands and kissed her hard. I felt her arms tightened around me. I pulled away after sensing she was running out of breath. When I looked at her upturned face, I saw her eyes were b with tears. “Why are you crying?” I asked softly, wiping the tears from her face with my thumb. “I don’t like seeing you cry.”

 

“It’s tears of happiness,” she sobbed. “It’s because my pancake loves me too! Huhuhu!”

 

I kissed her forehead and hugged her. “Stop crying.”

 

“I love you,” she said against my chest. “I really do.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Wow, no wonder ants were all over me that it woke me up,” TOP’s familiar voice came in.

 

I turned my face to look at him. “Can you wait outside?” I asked, shielding Dara with my body.

 

“Hi TOP!” Dara cheerfully greeted him, pushing her head through my underarm.

 

“Hi,” he greeted back in a raspy voice.

 

“Hey,” I looked back. “Don’t talk to her in that voice.”

 

He laughed. “I’ll wait outside.”

 

When I was sure  he was out of sight, I turned to Dara and stepped back a little. “Get dressed,” I told her and gave her a quick peck on the lips. “I’ll talk to him.”

 

“Wait for me,” she said.

 

“No, go to sleep after getting dressed.”

 

“But. . .” she started but I just gave her a look which made her pout.

 

After making sure she was putting clothes on, I went out of the room and saw TOP in the couch in the living room. “So what brought you here?” I asked.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to say sorry first?” he asked back.

 

“It wasn’t his fault, TOP. I was walking around and my pancake’s being a protective pancake so he did that for you not to see me,” Dara came in and walked straight into my arms.

 

“Do you guys really have to be so lovey-dovey in front of me?” he asked. Instinctively, I wrapped my arms tighter around her. “Look at him being all possessive,” he said, shaking his head. It was followed by Dara’s giggle.

 

I cleared my throat. “You haven’t answered my question yet.”

 

His eyes darted back and forth between me and Dara. I looked down at Dara and saw her grinning giddily up at me. I love you, she mouthed. I fought the smile threatening to curve my lips but I couldn’t fight giving her a quick peck on the lips.

 

“Look at them acting like I’m not here at all,” TOP said.

 

“I asked you a question but you did not answer,” I reminded him as I rested the right side of my face on top of Dara’s head.

 

He placed his hands on either side of his waist and sighed heavily. “Are you really just going to leave Hye Ji with me? The two of you knew her parents better than I did. I didn’t even get along well with her mother.”

 

I felt Dara went stiff in my arms. I glared at TOP but he only stared back at me. I sighed. “Hye Ji doesn’t even want to be separated from you,” I reminded him.

 

It was the truth. Bom and Youngbae’s daughter was weirdly attached to him. We tried having her with us but she bawled her little kid’s heart out and only stopped crying when TOP came in and held her. In a snap, the baby girl stopped crying and started giggling. It was as if she wasn’t bawling her eyes out.

 

“You two are the ones getting married and going to have kids soon,” he said. “Shouldn’t you be the one having a hand on parenthood instead of me?”

 

I turned my head to Dara and saw her watching me with a worried look on her face. “We already have a nursery room set up here with us,” I said as I looked back at TOP. “You can bring her anytime you want.”

 

He nodded. “I’ll do that now,” he said.

 

We waited for TOP to comeback with Hye Ji. I watched Dara paced like a caged kitten. She could only be a kitten. She would never be a tigress and lioness in my eyes. Although from the past, she showed more courage and bravery than most people I know but she’s so tiny and adorable to be a lioness or tigress.

 

“Come sit with me,” I called her out.

 

She stopped with what she was doing and faced me. “Do you think Bom and Youngbae are angry with us for leaving Hye Ji with Seunghyun?”

 

I leaned back. “Youngbae won’t,” I answered. “Bom might throw a fit, though.”

 

“We did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter