Ending

Because of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***Please do read my auhtor's note at the bottom of the story. :)

 


Because we love each other.

°Ahn Eunji

The clock slowly ticking as I felt my eyes landing on the cold guy next to the window with no expression. He didn't look anywhere, he was probably staring into empty spaces and think. He must have a lot going in his mind. I bite my lips and wonder what he was thinking since he's always like that. And that is probably 3 years ago? When we are just a freshman college student.

" Ahn Eunji would you stop staring at Kris and answer this question? " Professor Lee said as I quickly snap back to reality and curse at myself embarrassingly. God, he loves to get attention. I face palm and bow for an apology as the class snickered at me. -.-" This is the 100th time this year and it's only December. I sat back down and quickly answer Professor Lee's question to satisfies him so I wouldn't get a report home to my parent or else I would die.

" Yah, this is the how many times? Do you like him that much? " my close friend Naeun nudge my shoulder and whisper, asking. " You should rephrase your sentence a little bit. " I whisper back with my teeth gritting. " What? I don't get it. " Naeun raise her brow and scratch her head while I rolled my eye and shake my head. " Think about it. " I reply to her and ignore her for the rest of the period.

Later that day when I reach my apartment I receive a call from my parent saying that I don't have to pay for my bills or anything since they got it for me. Great! I smile and bite my lips to think what I should do to spend my leftover money. Don't think wrong, I'm also saving to finish college. I skip to my room and grab my coat with my purse and left my apartment to go where my mind is telling me.

Just as the door open, letting the wind in, I feel as I'm stuck in an ice. Cold! My lips shiver as I put my glove on and start walking down the stairs to leave the apartment.

The night is beautiful, if you're wondering. I smile due to the beautiful sky with lots stars showing and the dark sky. Wow. I said softly in my mind and take a selfie to make memories but just when I was going to, someone caught my attention. My phone was bright and that leaves me with the light. I find myself taking picture of that someone instead. He look like the most loneliness person yet he look like he enjoy being lonely.

Can you imagine a person enjoy being lonely?  Everyone need at least an accompany, or someone to talk to. For 3 years, I don't think anyone heard him talk to a friend nor talk to a person. He either answer a question because a professor ask him or he write down the answer. This is how quiet he is.

I again find myself staring at him. Trust me or not but I find sparks around him. He was shiny like the stars, the galaxy. " Do you always do that? " A voice with no emotion ask as I shake my head and stop thinking and what I'm doing. I look around to find whoever that person was but I guess I'm just hearing things. I sigh and blow my bangs as I move my eyes to land on him again. Don't worry, I don't think he will know or notice that I'm here. He had his eye close and his headphone on. " I guess you're deaf. " The same voice came when I finally notice who was talking.

Holy god!  My heart beat immediately fast as I feel myself squealing over him inside me with the butterflies. He was talking. He was talking to me!!!....Wait, is he? I gulped and blink as he stood up. What should I do? He coming nearer and nearer me. I held my breath and fix my hair just if my hair is in a mess.

What the hell am I thinking? I pout and slap myself while he walk past me with his phone on. He was talking to a person on the phone and I embarrassingly mistook as if he was talking to me. Psh, what was I'm thinking?! He rarely notice me and why would I be out of all the thousands of people at our colleges. I guess, he does have a person to talk to. I sigh and gather myself to keep my mind straight and continue to go where I was planning to go.

°¤*+~

The next morning was colder than usual and what's so great about it is that I forgot about my jacket. I'm dying in this coldness. My lips wouldn't stop shivering, my leg won't stop moving and my hands won't stop rubbing each other. Come on bus! My mind yelled as my eyes look from where the bus usually come. " Idiot. " someone said while I didn't bother to look and keep my eye glue to the street. Just when I give up and plan not to attend school today, I found a jacket lying on the bench where I was.

" Free jacket. " The sticky note said as I look around the area and bite my lips. Shall I take it? My mind debate meanwhile my hands had already grab the jacket and put it around. The cologne of the jacket smell nice. It must belong to a guy. I smile and sigh in relieve as the bus finally show up.

" Is today my lucky day? " I ask myself as I hop on the bus and sit on one of the empty seat at the back. While sitting down and looking out of the window, I spotted a reflect of Kris. I feel like I like him too much that I keep seeing him everywhere. I shake my head and close my eyes meanwhile a chuckle from behind me is heard.

" Yah wake up." someone nudge my shoulder and whisper close to my ear, sending shivers down my spine. Whoever this guy is, he have such a y voice. I smile at the thought of thinking Kris and when I open my eyes, you know what? Kris is beside me, smirking. He look so hot and handsome, nah more than hot and handsome. " We're almost there." He said, awakening all the butterflies inside of me. " H-huh oh, sorry. W-wait, I-I mean thank y-you."

You guys have that moment that you can't talk right because you're with someone you like?

Because I couldn't say anything right and stuttered so much, I end up turning away from Kris. No one like a girl who's like this. I angrily scold myself for losing the chance. " Am I that handsome? " he ask after he clear his throat for seconds.

Handsome? He's more than handsome.

He asked but I didn't answer. I close my mouth and waited for him to continue, if only he had something else to say. " Do you like me that much? " just like I expect, he have something else to say.

Is he being sarcastic or serious? Please tell me that he isn't being sarcastic. -.-"

" Want to be my girlfriend? Want to have a chance? I don't think you're that bad--- " That was it. I turn back to him and slap him. Is he asking me to throw myself at him? Please, no matter how handsome and prefect you are with your look, if your attitude is bad, it kills everything .

" As much as I like you, I wouldn't throw myself at you. You think a great looking self can buy everything? You're low, lower than a dog " I said angrily and stood up from my seat. Good thing we have reach our destination.

I was the first to leave the bus and the first to enter our school. I didn't know what Kris is thinking. But to be honest, I regret. No, I didn't regret for liking him for so long. I didn't regret all my feelings. I actually regret for slapping him and saying those words. What if he's being serious?

What if he's being sarcastic, but still I have no right to slap someone who is speaking of how they feel. Of course everyone dislike someone that always had been watching them. Everyone hate it. I would actually get scare if there's a boy that like me like how I like Kris.

I hate it when I do things without thinking. >.<

I enter my first period and drop on a different seat. I don't think I will have enough guts to face him. I mess my hair in frustration , not knowing what to do.

" Yah, what's wrong with you ? Why aren't you sitting beside Kris today? " Naeun appear from the blue and ask me like the usual self of her. " Nothing." I answer her and pout. " Aw come on, you think that your friend who have known you for over 20 years doesn't know you?! "

" Nothing really. " I protest, not wanting to look into Naeun's eyes.

" I'm serious! " a familiar voice came and before I was aware, a pair of hand grab my arm. For sure, that person is a guy. " Give me a chance to be with you. If love develop then we continue to date and get marry, if love doesn't, we go on our own way. "

With those words, that have to be Kris! I bet 1,000 dollar on it.

I bite my lips and look up, finding myself staring at a pair of eyes that belong to Kris. His eyes look serious, and he look serious. Please tell me that this is a dream. What if it's really a dream? If it's a dream, I would kill this dream to make it real. What the, what am I saying?!

" Yes. Eunji say yes. " a loud exciting voice come from behind and snap me back to reality. It was not a dream. " I'm serious, Ahn Eunji and don't tell me that you don't like me. Everyone can see that you've been liking me, why don't you give me a chance? " Kris ask with his voice that sound almost as if he's begging.  " Why should I date someone who doesn't like me? I'm not stupid enough to date someone who doesn't have feelings for me." I scoff at Kris and roll my eyes. Did I just give him attitude? Oh God, what a stupid move. " Then let's say that I'm interest in you? If you can't then be with me for a month. Just a month." Kris shrug at his idea, trying to persuade me into this little fake relationship with him.

" Kris, Eunji say yes!. I as her friends for over 20 years, I know how she is. I know how to even read her mind if that's possible." there go again with Naeun shouting the answer. Should I say yes? Should I say no? I mean this is an opportunity. What would you do if your crush is asking  you like Kris is asking me? No, let's put you in my situation, would you say yes to Kris?

After thinking twice or maybe more than twice, I give him the answer of yes.

And that is the most beautiful decision I have ever make for me and Kris. I love him and now a day, I feel like I wanted to be with him for forever.

Does Kris love me? I don't know but judging from his action, he does. He didn't have to tell me that he love me, his action does and for me, no for everyone, actions have much more meaning than words. Words can give out lies like action but if actions lied, we will k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter